SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

This might be unpopular, but truth be told, when it comes to the twins I’ve always thought you just need 1 of them.

I think Makoto would really rule in this game. High damage, aggressive play, Tanden Renki is build for V-trigger. We’d be back to third strike “guess right twice” Makoto.

I’d also really like to see a Bison style rework of Makoto. “Grown Up” Makoto with SUPER FAST walk speed would be a trip.

Could you give any examples? I’m honestly having a hard time making any parallels like that on top of my head

^ This x1000

She would be perfect in SFV. Her SF4 Omega version seems a “work in progress” and know I can see why. Easily way to Tandem Renki with unique properties and parries like Ryu and a new move.

Capcom make it happen.

Makoto having faster walkspeed than several other characters seems… weird though =V

I want to see more Alpha and Third Strike reps. As long as it’s not Remy or Twelve, I’m pretty much okay with everyone else from Third Strike, so long as Urien and Alex get top priority. Alpha? I would love to see all the people who aren’t in SF4 in. It’s fun to theorize because a lot of SF characters would do WONDERS with this new style of SF. As someone brought up, imagine Makoto in this kind of game.

Balrog ?

I some original SF characters, Saturday Slam Master and Final Fight have potential that deserves to revision into new generation like what they did to Birdie. There designs was more casual fashioned.

1.) Ninja Guy = Geki

Mix of Claw/Vega, Ibuki, Kenji from CFJ and Ryu Hayabusa from DOA

2.) Street Smart = Joe

Mix of Cody, Balrog/boxer and Steve Fox from Tekken

3.) Boxer Guy = Mike

Mix of Balrog/boxer, Dudley and Shen Woo from Kof

**4.) Kung Fu Guy **= Lee

Mix of Yun/Yang, Gen and Lei from Tekken

5.) The Ghoul = Wraith from Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II.

Mix of Dhalsim, Q, Belger from FFR and Hisako from Killer Instinct

7.) The Veteran = Haggar

Mix of UMVC, FFR, Cody and Zangief a weapon based FIGHTER.

8.) Easter Egg = Gouken’s Daughter

Mix of Makoto, Gouken and Kasumi Todoh from Art of Fighting/KOF

9.) A Dural/Marionette type/Mokujin Character. = can be a Twelve clone, Seth clone or a Cyborg Monitor clone.

The rest of my choices goes to Sodom, Oro, Urien, Juri, Blanka, Dhalsim, Mika, Alex, Eagle, Q and so on.

C.Viper, would be the first example that comes to mind. When she first came out, a lot of people (myself included), instantly noticed and thought that she looked a LOT like a female Reno from Final Fantasy VII. His weapon can shock people too.

Oh yeah, Viper does look like a Turk operative, ha

A small fast character with heavy emphasis on command grabs. Balance that how you will; weak normals, bad wakeup options, whatever it takes.

That would be neat. Just in general I am really happy with the flexibility they have already shown with Bison, Birdie, and Charlie. Putting significant new twists on old characters is very interesting and freshens up the whole thing in a way SFIV didn’t quite manage.

Adon

I think someone with attacks similar to Venom’s pool balls from Guilty Gear would be cool or someone with Gen switch stance but instead be different weapons maybe one ranged with good pokes but almost no combos and another being low damage high hit combos. I’d also love to see other characters from different countries for sure (especially Canada)

Unlike the apparently popular opinion, I’d really like to see Abel return to SFV, mostly for the sake of what little story he has being drawn to a close (and because I’m horribly biased towards my mains).
Also, maybe it’s just me, but I really think all of his moves would integrate well with SFV, since he’s got the whole “hybrid-grapple character” thing going; wouldn’t mind seeing his Change of Direction and Wheel Kick changed up a bit though, the animations always felt a little janky in Ultra, so there’s some stuff to work on, but still. (Also, keeping the roll wouldn’t be too bad, it’s a great tool for his mixup game after all, but the shoulder from Omega mode works too.)

Nash received Adon’s Jaguar Kick… I think that’s a sign they don’t plan to include him :stuck_out_tongue:

Next reveal is probably at Evo. Perhaps a new character and Alex would be the hypest if they continue the pair trend. My personal choice would be the guy in my AV.

Based on what?

Let the guy dream, will ya?

Well, i will like see Claw and Dudley return, so i hope he’s at least 50% right :smiley:

Probably a new character and Ken. They’re gonna play safe.

My secret wish is Urien with Aegis Reflector as his V-Trigger and Tyrant Punish as his Critical Art