SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Seeing as we now have a London stage, who makes the most sense for SF5 between Dudley, Cammy, or Birdie? or even Eagle I guess. Though most characters didn’t have their own stages in SF4 (with some being borrowed from SFxT) the stages chosen were fairly representative of some characters.

I’m just thinking there’s no way they’ll have a London stage without anybody from England in the cast.

Interview with combofiend said they will try to represent different fighting styles so a foot in for Elena because of capoeira. But woe for the character named blanka because his fighting style is also capoeria and he is a favorite :’(

I think Santamu and Noembelu should be added.

For me: Poison, Karin, Juri, Dudley, Cody, Remy, Haggar, Ingrid, Rose, Ibuki, Gouken, Vega, C Viper, Rolento, Sodom. But I realize most of these wont.

It will probably take Poison another 6 years to come back as a playable fighter.

I hope the cast has 4 world warriors, 4 third strike characters, 4 alpha characters and 4 newcomers or 3 newcomers and a token akuma/oni

Zangief

V-skill: Iron Body, its was his parry in SF4 Omega mode.

http://i.imgur.com/ohwIgUN.png

To differentiate it from Ryu’s make him able to just hold that flex position and be able to absorb multiple hits without need to do it multiple times with the right timing… to balance it, make it a little slow at do it twice (so you can’t use it to multiple parry a la Ryu) and make him take a lil bit more damage each strike he absorb:
10%-20%-30%-40%-50%-60%-70%-80%-90%-100%
At the 10th hit he can’t keep it and there is a guard break like animation

V-Trigger: He turn into the first version of Mech Zangief when was’nt a robot but just roided up by shadaloo

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/e/ea/Zangief-mechstand.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080511193124

"Mech-Zangief is an even slower version of Zangief who can’t block. To compensate, he takes reduced damage from everything excluding beam-style attacks. He also cannot be knocked down, taking only a slight slowdown when hit by almost anything"
Maybe don’t even make him slower (any big guy walkspeed is going to be pathetic in SFV), just made it long to charge and quick to expire.
Make it buff his special throws dmg and CA

Gill:

(Only 1 bar of V-Trigger)

V-Skill: Spreads out wings to heal a small portion of health and V-Trigger.
V-Trigger: His body becomes covered entirely in either ice or fire depending on the direction (up or down) pressed along with MP+MK. Ice increases his defense, decreases speed and makes his now fully ice-covered projectile lower the speed of the opponent (so they couldn’t jump over him to attack easily). Fire increases his damage, decreases stun bar and makes his now fully fire-covered projectile hit the opponent even if they are blocking. The rotational projectile arc makes it harder for the opponent to escape, whereas the 1-bar V-Trigger forces Gill to use his limited time wisely. Also, Gill has to decide which version of the V-Trigger (ice/fire) to use depending on the scenario he’s in.

Gill please. He’s much more interesting design-wise than the manbody lady Urien.

I believe once they start expand the cast with DLC we will see return Guile, but not Remy

Not to be the downer here… but I think the guy in the video doesn’t actually know which version of Street Fighter these new characters are from. It seems like he just says “third strike” because the guy before him mentioned the game taking elements from third strike.

It just doesn’t make any sense, especially now that we know Birdie and Cammy are the characters to be revealed, who… aren’t in third strike.

Did he sit down and play a build that had more than the two characters that were leaked? (Birdie and Cammy)

I highly doubt it. With that said, I’m sure third strike characters will come, but I wouldn’t bet on this guy as confirmation.

This sound awesome. Will be even cooler if his CA end up having 3 variations based on this (normal, ice and fire)

Only thing not so sure is about Ice slowdown (specially self-slowdown), not because the idea is’nt good, but because imho SFV does’nt need more slowdown

Assuming the Cammy-Birdie tease end up true (well judging pics,atleast Birdie is basically confirmed) i can see something like that

Birdie

V-skill: if he can complete the animation he consume a banana/cola-can, gaining a lil bit of health and v-meter.
Then drop it and trash stay there until first time the opponent walk over it wich cause him slip and suffer an hard knockdown

V-trigger: he loose the chains on his forearms, gaining range (and maybe dmg as 1 extra hit?) on all punches and throws. Basicall an Hakan-like buff

there are plenty of characters that can teleport whenever and however they want in USF4.
Sim can teleport the entire match if he wanted so how is that any different?

Fine how is this

Juri: When getting attacked like Ryu’s Parry you hit V-Skill and a directional input to retreat, jump or cross up opponent

Geez happy? No? You probably don’t like Juri in the first place then.

He just meant Yun and Yang. :slight_smile:

I’ve been wishing for this for years. It’s just stupid he is the only one losing his things.
I mean, when Poison gets knocked down, you can actually see her palms open when falling, but the damn whip just doesn’t fall to the ground. The same with Rolento. And the most stupid part is, these two are HOLDING it, but Vega’s is ATTACHED. It’s Vega’s which actually should not fall.

But Throw Mask should stay. Giving %20 more damage, taking %20 more. But if you throw it, you cannot regain it for the whole MATCH. Making it the ultimate taunt.

Directional teleports are Charlie’s thing in this game. The way you describe the teleports it won’t be any different from his aside it not costing meter.

Honestly with Juri her counter can just stay a counter. No need to make it into a V-skill. I think an offense V-skill like Chun-Li’s would work best for her like a KoF-style hop or get SFxT charge moves.

Honestly just make it his v trigger. Make him fight maskless by default and when he puts on the mask for his v trigger he throws caution to the wind (cuz his face is protected) and becomes op.

As for the claw breaking thing, maybe make it so that only a guard crush would make it drop and give Vega extra guard meter with it.

I would say make Fuhajin her V-Skill, but that just gives her the best of Bison and Charlie’s respective V-Skills.

Cammy’s V-Trigger is gaining her CVS2 normals.