SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

im almost certain alex is in. super popular character and it would be awesome to continue his story. i like necro but his chances are low, i wouldnt mind oro too. always liked how he looked

Alex, 10 new characters with cool, inspired designs like C. Viper or the cast of III.

Just off the top of my head: A guy who heads a band and is sort of like Remy meets Raxal meets Andy Bogard. An African American shoto who is strong/cool. Hot chick who is a strong fighter. Mantis or Drunk style kung-fu archtypes (think Shun and Lion, VF2).

No more goofy/stupid designs like Apocalypse, Rita Repulsa, El Farte, Boring Ufc Man with no personality, Fat Idiot etc.

Akuma:

V-Skill: Some kinda stomp that invokes a crumple state that opens opponents up to a scaled, but damaging combo opportunity.

V-Trigger: A Revved-up mode akin to Bison where he casts aside his supposed ā€˜holding backā€™ form and unleashes his full power/damage output while enabled for a limited time, albeit taking a 25% additional damage penalty to any hits landed on him whilst pissed. Specials might undergo a EX-like attribute with him hurling dual airballs and his DPs invoking full juggle states ala his EX DP in SFIV, all the while being enveloped in an aura comparable to say Oni and Evil Ryu in Ultra.

Alternatively, it would be interesting if he instead borrowed from his 3S incarnation where he is generally quite powerful overall but unlike the rest of the cast, does not have V-Skill/Trigger abilities at all like how EX moves were absent for him in 3S. He could perhaps have a three bar meter that is reserved solely for his signature raging demon, with this being his only use of said meter. Heā€™d be limited in a (meter use) sense, but remain threatening when stocked.

Seems silly to speculate though. I am curious to see if he makes the cut and if so, how mean he is in this game however. Bison is another badass character who seems to have been given a delicious treatment with respect to how menacing he is which is great to see.

Iā€™m kind of hoping Q makes a return now simply because his taunt from 3S could make an interesting V-Skill (Iā€™d lean more to making it like Goukenā€™s or Juriā€™s counter but doing no damage just so V-Skills donā€™t become ā€œparry+ā€ moves) and get a non-projectile based footsie character with a decent walk speed now that Bison has been slowed down due to old age.

Blanka

V-Skill : Banana throw. Works like Diddyā€™s Bananas in Smash exactly

V-Trigger: Turns into CvS2 Blanka in N Groove

Gimme Yun with gj CA and dive kick v-trigger and I will be happy.

Ken:
V-Skill:
Sf4 Step kick, just to be an annoying little **********

V-Trigger:
Regular HP dp doesnā€™t make flames, v trigger is basically a ā€œflame onā€ mode, hadoken become shakunetsu, all dp get the HP version classic treatment, tatsumaki is kinda like the sf4 U2. Plus is critical art (Shippu Jinraikyaku I guess) becomes sf4 U1.
Enflammed specials are unsafe as hell on block but do like twice the damages ueueueueueue

Blanka:
V-Skill:
Banana Toss:
When opponent walks backward on it he his knocked down

V-Trigger:
ā€œPinball modeā€ now the blanka roll can bounce up to three times per activation in a chosen direction, same system as Beowulf in SG or Val in BB.

Hakan:
V-Skill:
Focus Attack

V-Trigger:
Oil everything on screen allowing him to slide indefinitely/move forward more with the focus/make is anti air 360 full screen.

Abel:
V-Skill:
Seth Aspriratron
V-Trigger:
Can combo is throws into one another.

Rose:
V-Skill:
Invuln backdash
V-Trigger:
sf4 U2, Luffy has an evo to win, come on.

If Oro makes a return this is what Iā€™d like to see.

V-Trigger: Tengu Stones, with some juggle properties.
V-Skill: Hard to pick, Universal Overhead or Maybe an armored Sleep taunt that reduces stun when held.

V-reversal could be another version of his close mp.

That being said, He should be all about juggles since there is a snowballs chance in hell heā€™ll be able to do unblockables.

Oroā€™s V-Trigger should be his second arm seal break, thus unleashing all the power he has since he intentionally handicaps himself usually

Q:
V-Skill: His taunt from 3S. His defense increases each time the animation completes. It maxes out after five times.
V-trigger: Total Destruction super art. As a V-trigger it would give him armored normals and his command grab would turn into Total destruction proper which will deactivate the V-trigger upon landing it.

Why would he un-handicap himself, he only does it for ex super in 3s. Itā€™s part of what makes the character unique aesthetically.

Blanka with lightning traps.

Urien

Dangerous Headbutt: a weaker version of this special is his v skill, hops a short distance forward and can dodge some projectiles if timed correctly.

Aegis Reflector: using forward, up, or down determines location of the barrier. 2 bars.

Oro

Not sure about is V skill.

Unbind: Oro unseals his arm, buffing his existing specials, super, and/or gaining access to new ones. 2 bars.

Vega

Scarlet Terror: His flip kick from SF4 readjusted and repurposed.

Mask: Vega wears his mask becoming significantly faster (walkspeed, jump, normals, and specials) for a duration. 3 bars.

Eagle

V-trigger: His sticks grow bigger increasing his range substantially and also do more damage. (too sexual?)

Gief

V-trigger: Turns into the mecha zangief of the marvel games

Karin

V-Trigger: Her rekkas put opponent in juggle state and/or she gains 2 enders to choose from instead of 1 after rekka strings.

V-Skill - Spot Dodging. Works similar to how it did in CvS2.

You would think Vegaā€™s Back Slash would make a good V-Skill. But with the universal command of MP+MK, Vega would be stuck with only one Back Slash, not the regular Back Slash (PPP) and Short Back Slash (KKK).

Also, if Vega is to return, and I SO hope he will, I prefer they ditch the whole claw/mask fall off mechanic. No other character gets penalized for blocking correctly, and no other character becomes weaker throughout the match. Balrogā€™s gloves donā€™t fall off, do they? Poison or Rolento donā€™t let go of their weapons even though they DO in some of their reeling animations, but Vegaā€™s attached claw falls off?

Iā€™m thinking for Vega, he gets some kind of matador flip counter. Like he takes a counter stance, and upon connecting, he flips over his opponent for a punish. Think Fei Longā€™s Tenshin or Yun/Yangā€™s Zenpou Tenshin, except not a command throw but a counter. Also like Lee Chaolanā€™s Mist Illusion (b+1+2) from Tekken.

As for his V-Trigger, I donā€™t know. For now a basic speed-up is all that makes sense for now.

Jesus, this has been stated sooo many times and people still donā€™t understand. EX characters DO NOT BELONG to Capcomā€¦

Vega can still retain both back flips by adding a direction to the v skill command like Nash. D+mp+mk would give short and b+mk+mp would give regular. Itā€™s a perfect fit.

I also hope they drop the silly mechanic as well. This is why I repurposed his mask on/off concept for his v trigger to retain his theme but without compromising him.

And Vega will return because SFV will be ugly without him. <3

I donā€™t really care too much for which characters make the game as long as it plays well. Having said that, it would be cool to see Sodom, Karin, Alex, Oro and Urien make it to SF5.

That Tamoor guy (who let the third strike bit slip) actually has no fucking clue about Street Fighter and if you hear his other interview you will learn that he is in fact, an idiot. None of the gamespot correspondents were savvy and familiar with SF. Easily the worst of the new wave of information. They had good videos though showcasing the game.

The IGN guys did a far better job at relating the information we need.