SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Seth is that idiotic made-up character that children on playgrounds in the 90s would bullshit about whenever they talked about Street Fighter.

“Nuh uh, my uncle works for Capcom, and he says there’s a super secret cheat code for the REAL final boss, and he’s this robot dude who has everyone’s moves”

As of the close of the SF4 era and beyond, they currently already have.

Man, this is reminding me of early KOF when Rugal copied Geese, Krauser, and I think a couple of other peoples moves for most of his moveset. Then again, Rugal was the fucking man, so that’s different.

I like Seth, but he shouldn’t come back. It’s just a broken character with zero depth or imagination.

Well that’s the beauty of these jack-of-all-trade style characters is they could be totally redesigned while staying relevant. I’d be down if Seth was redesigned to not have an as shitty moveset, 50/50 nonsense, guess wrong and die, nihilistic mentality. If they tweaked him so he was either a dedicated grappler type, dedicated zoner type, or dedicated shoto clone with some other perks at the cost of health, that’d be way more acceptable. As he is in Omega mode he’s way more playable in terms of enjoyment and effectiveness and I feel like I’m not just cheaping out wins as much as before.

The big difference is Rugal actually looks badass. Also has a good story and is bursting with personality. True the moveset is mostly lifted though, which is disappointing.

Seth is just a master of blandness, he’s just like Neo Geegus but without the coolness.

Also that super when he absorbs you with his belly and shoots you against the screen? Fucking die, please.

Be fair. Most ultra animations are TRASH. Hakan? Dudley ultra 2 full animation? It’s meant to be over-the-top cartoon bullshit. At least Seth’s made people hate you >:)

1.- Fuck Hakan
2.- Dudley’s still a nice character

There’s little to salvage from Seth, I do like his gamestyle, but he really doesn’t have much of a merit as a character.

I want someone like a Drunken Kung-fu fighter but instead of Drunken Kung-fu, he is just confused and disoriented as fuck. He doesn’t even know he’s fighting in a tournament. He trips all the time and knocks you over. He bends down to pick up his car keys(ducking under projectiles) then stands up quickly, cracking your chin with the top of his head. “Sorry! So sorry!” His jump-ins are just him falling on you as if he was pushed. He has a counter stance where he accidentally trips you. For the EX version he trips you and then tries to give you a hand standing up but loses his grip so you fall again.

Worst part about Seth’s U1 and Hakan U2 is how stupidly long they take. It’s like 10-12 seconds IIRC. I had actually modded them once to shave off around 1-2 second and still keep the feel for the animation the same.

Only thing not quite right is the sound effects linger a bit too long when sped up. The first one is fastest, middle is original, third is a little slower than first but still noticeably faster than original. Original takes just over 10 seconds if you include the super freeze animation.

Well Seth is dead. The next time we see him and his kind will hopefully be inside test tubes in the background of Bison’s stage.

Make it a female and that’s a deal. We’ve never seen a drunken kung-fu woman in a game, I’d be interested. Call her Lindsay or something.

Better yet, make her Juri’s sister. Lindsay “Lo” Han.

I hope to god that they add Ex plus characters!
I miss my Skullo Mania!!!

Skullo was bawse. but I dont think capcom has the rights for that game, could be wrong.

I can tell just by watching that footage that the game has a tighter, faster feel. SF4 was a little floaty and slow.

The animation is fine but the key-frames… not good artistry. Even when they try to emulate old SF key frames it’s off.

It’s hard because key frames in the other games were stylized, handdrawn artwork, though I feel MVC3 got really close and GGXRD absolutely nailed it, so it’s possible.

On topic:

Necro, Oro, Alex, Q, Twelve. Those are my pics. Twelve would look insane in this engine.

Necro and Urien please.

Marked as spam, stop double posting same threads please