SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Don’t compare Twelve to the awesomeness of Phobos. The thing about darkstalker characters is they are all very eccentric over the top in their aesthetic design, based on mythological creatures or classic movie monsters. Twelve is as bland as they get visually, a faceless humanoid…like Seth.

I agree giving Seth the clothes in his original design would have been a lot better visually. I still think he is a very poor design gameplay wise (Most of his moves are copies of other characters).

Meh, Seth was still kind of boring to me even in that outfit. He was a really generic sort of boss personality and his moveset was rarely interesting. Plus I’m not a fan of his whole sort of robot sort of clone sort of what the fuck ever he is kind of thing. I’m generally speaking not a fan of the freaks in SF universe, I think Q and Dhalsim are like the only ones I really remotely like. And Q I’m kind of torn on because he has so little personality, I just like his art design and moves more than anything. Blanka kind of works because he is still supposed to be “human” persay and people who fight like beasts have been sort of a staple in many manga/movies based on like kungfu or other martial arts type stuff. I don’t really count Oro as a freak because the whole “mystic hermit” thing is such a martial arts movie/manga trope it fits. Necro is (no pun intended) a bit of a stretch for me.

What’s funny is, SF is one of the few games where I don’t care for the freaks much.

I might be alone, but I totally liked Q at first because the trenchcoat reminded me of Inspector Gadget from when I was a kid.

Capcom hasn’t done a Shaolin Kung Fu character yet in SF. I think someone like Leifei from Virtua Fighter or Gordon Liu from 36 Chambers of Shaolin(aka Master Killer) would be awesome.

Also still haven’t done a drunken master fighter either, that’s a common trope in fighting games. I’m actually pretty surprised Capcom hasn’t done it yet given there is Lei in Tekken and Chin in KOF and Capcom has been known to think of both of those games as rivals.

Shaolin would be pretty awesome. I wonder if they’d introduce another weapon wielder, you often see Shaolin monks in anime/mangas using a Naginata, there was a lot of talk of another weapon wielder, possibly a staff user, when USF4 was discussing the inclusion of one of the dolls.

I want to see Poison, but I’ve heard that Ono hates her in the same manner as Q.

She’s also not very unique gameplay-wise.

Wait wut ? Ono hates Q ?

Going off on what Ono said about the next character who we haven’t seen for a long time, I would say either R.Mika or Karin. Has to be a female since we have 3 males already. I would love to see an older Karin even if we don’t get older Sak. Karin could wear what female mma fighters wear.

Yes, very much so. He also hates Poison.

So pretty much him hating a character doesn’t really mean much when it comes to whether or not they’ll be in a game then.

Source?

And if that happens, all the entitled morons will cry about how she’s not a schoolgirl anymore, just you wait and see. On my side though, i’d be very pleased to see that happen.

Ayano loved Poison though, so it canceled Ono’s hate out. R mika serves as the possibility for a fast grappler who isn’t so vortex dependent (Elf). Alex will be the medium speed grappler, and then Zangief can be the slow grappler. Grapplers are underrepresented in street fighter.

Considering that imho Alex is the char with greatest chance of return if we get

Alex- brawler hybrid grappler
R. Mika- fast grappler
Zangief- powehouse slow huge grappler

We can have a decent selection this time :smiley:

Also if Alex is in from start i believe there’s no space for Abel in starting cast, but maybe with updates we will get him (+1 brawler hybrid grappler) and maybe one more slow ass giant

I sincerely hope we never get R. Mika in SF5. And it really doesn’t have to be a girl “for the sake of equality”.

And just because Ono said the next character to reveal is one we haven’t seen in awhile doesn’t mean their last appearance was in Alpha. It’s been almost 20 years since SF3 was first released. That’s nearly as long as Alpha has been out. Give me more characters that actually add to the story. Enough cop-out characters that get added in because “hey, they haven’t been seen for awhile”. We should still somehow be grateful for Charlie’s reappearance.

SonSon the third.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/232/9/9/SF4_Skin___Seth___Human_by_Acethylen.jpg

Earlier we discussed how Seth should’ve looked like, so I stumbled upon this interesting reskin. I like the defined cybernetic abdomen and the clear difference between it and the surrounding flesh. The skin tone is too orange, but overall with the torn pants and everything else, he really looks better like this. His eyes are too docile like a cow’s though, they should’ve kept them dark and cybernetic.

Looks like bald Urien

I hate Seth. I really hope they kill him off. What a lame character.

Seth is probably the worst designed street fighter character. He has zero redeeming qualities. He looks terrible and generic, his gameplay is mostly copies of other character signature moves, boring storywise, an uninteresting name, need I go on? Sometimes there are great looking characters with boring gameplay. Sometimes characters who look bland but with interesting gameplay. Sometimes characters that seem really creative even if the look and gameplay don’t work. Seth…I don’t know looks like something a junior programmer came up with during a 15 minute coffee break.