SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I know
Right now if you want go with being famous yes, the route can be

the legends- Fedor(done), Anderson Silva, GSP. Or slighty minor ones like Pride and classic UFC veterans

big champions- Jon Jones, Cain, Weidman, Aldo, and ok Ronda

Mega hyped ufc marketing- Lesnar, Ronda, McGregor

And honestly even with a restricted choice i will probably still pick most of them over her

The thing is that she’s not even unique: kinda limited style/non mma representative style, kinda good but simple look, not even some exotic nationality, name aura or whatever

Keep in mind that Capcom already did tribute to yes famous but not necessary so obvious figures… example probably most peoples don’t even know that Oro is an Helio Gracie tribute and who is… or for what matter, most of non MMA fans don’t know Fedor and even less how a Sambo uniform look, and still we got Abel as Sambo Fedor

So yes they search big names but not necessary the most mainstream ones in the west (example we did’nt got Chuck Liddell or Tito Ortiz back in the time), and often they chose fighters that are kinda niche if you are’nt a fight sports fan

Also SF start from Japan, they’re kinda less ignorant compared to average country, and they start to lose interest into mma since Pride (japanese) is dead and UFC (murrican) becomed the real deal
I can see them pick some pride veteran

If i was the one who chose i will pick a character that can show the power of MMA (so probably a male, and likely at a Middle Weight or higher) but also add a lot of personal charisma/style/uniqueness/nationality

Somebody you can pass through the stylization and exageration SF filter and get a true SF character (tbh kinda where they failed with Abel, lol real life Fedor is more character than him) before a MMA one

There are fighter that imho are waaay more suitable to become street fighters… and i don’t even like all of them, example i don’t like Lesnar but i admit it will work very easy as base

GSP, A.Silva, Jon Jones, CroCop, Overeem, Shogun, Wanderlei, McGregor, Hunt, Bigfoot, Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Cain, etc

All athletes that imho for a reason or another can be translated into pretty unique and recognizable characters thanks to a combo of style/look/build/nationality

Just my opinion

I actually think Twelve or a Twelve-like character would be a great opportunity to show what Capcom can do graphically in SFV. The concept of a shapeshifting character isn’t bad, but Twelve was a tiny bit too out there. They went T-1000 with him when they should’ve gone T-X, having him only partially or moderately shapeshifting. Making him female would’ve probably helped too.

Personally I liked the Necro > Twelve Illuminati experiment story, so if we get Illuminati this time around I wanna see this explored further. Bringing this back on topic, if the game takes place after SF3, then we won’t need Twelve; We could have the next generation G-Project soldier.

Yeah other than the mega hyped…those are some very impressive names. However why I though Ronda would be a good choice, has to do with her being a real fighter and being female. Most female characters are just eye candy, big tits, long legs, curves, pretty faces. I’d like a new female fighter that actually looks like she could kick ass. They could base it of Rousy, but make her the size of she hulk, put in more grappling and jujitsu, etc. (I’ve also though it would be cool to have a bigger more muscular woman that is still feminine looking).

Male characters in street fighter all look like they could kick ass, even Dan. Well Rufus may be the exception, he just looks like a balloon.

You know I gotta disagree here. I don’t think his actual design translated well into IV’s visuals. Look at him in this pic:

He looks f’ing amazing. So much character and detail…but we don’t see any of that in sfIV, sadly.

Twelve is awesome. It’s not about people not liking his design, it’s about him being a shitty character compared to most of the cast. Low damage output, unorthodox and tough to use properly. Had he been as capable as chun, ken or yun he would of been an extremely popular and you could bet that oodles of people would want him back. Like Daemos said, they capcom could really texture the hell out of him with current-gen bump mapping tech and make him look amazing. Plus, we haven’t really seen any character similar to him in play style or design. I’m rooting for twelve here.

I feel also partly like “not being good” at least has something to do with nobody suggesting Remy come back. Then again, that could just be out of feeling he’d be redundant with Guile no doubt coming back first, and Charlie already there (albeit different than before).

He looks f’ing amazing. So much character and detail…

but we don’t see any of that in sfIV, sadly.

Capcom’s job does’nt stop at say “hey Kinu do an awesome artwork, please”

I’ve seen many artworks where Abel work well
Problem is they have to focus on every aspect of the character, and that mean also
-not great 3d model
-probably the worse animation of the entire cast
-mostly uninspired moveset

only situation where it express correctly the dynamism of the character is U2 and is fucking awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUgs0CsF7g

Maybe they could do that with a new Darkstalkers, just saiyin. Look at characters with shapeshifting characteristics like Huitzel, Pyron, and Morrigan and tell me that shit wouldn’t look awesome with current gen graphics. http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/pyron-a.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/pyron-a5.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/phobos-a.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/phobos-a4.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/morrigan-a2.html

Necro’s cool though. I like the way he talks. “Lets get it on!” “Electro Storm!”

All the Darkstalkers change shape a lot though not just these guys. Maybe Capcom can test the waters with Thirteen first then make a DS game.

True. Those shapeshifters stand out the most in my opinion. Well Anak and Lord Raptor probably deserve the spot more than Morrigan though.

What I mainly like about Twelve is in his 3S ending he was revealed to be a sentient being and less of a servant or tool, so he could have an interesting part to play in 5, and use some reworking gameplay-wise. Who doesn’t love air EX A.X.E. though? and his squirrel glide…

I don’t care about twelves strengths, I just don’t like him in street fighter. I think he veers too far off into freaktown for even a game like SF. He has almost zero personality beyond “I talk in binary” and his moveset while interesting, feels much more at home in a darkstalkers type game.

I would love to see Twelve come back in a crossover type game, actually I think he’d have worked well in Marvel. Maybe if they do another darkstalkers they could do a character based on twelve but not actually twelve so there is no confusion about the whole universe canon ect.

I just don’t want twelve in another SF game.

Don’t worry, we’re getting Thirteen in SFV and he’s less freaky and more lifelike as to not hurt everyone’s feelings.

Will they address his move set not feeling like it’s really ment for an SF game? Invisibility, glides, and turning into your opponent sounds more like Darkstalkers… or Mortal Kombat.

Cough Phobos/Huitzel Cough

Barely, they are a sort of robotic thing, and other than like 3 normal attacks (the one where twelve turns into a spike in mid air, and the two where twelve transforms his body into an axe kind resemble 3 of huitzels moves). Otherwise they are basically completely different in terms of moves and character design with the whole blob thing Twelve has going in and single color scheme. It’s like comparing T-800 to T-1000 except with even more differences. They are pretty different actually. I see what you’re trying to say but I really don’t feel it’s accurate myself.

Technically Seth’s real name was “15” and Seth was just a project name.

And we all know how much people just LOVE Seth’s design.

Seth was the name he gave himself no?

Anyway when I said Thirteen I was referring to the next generation of G-Project soldiers after Twelve.

TBH original Seth design was good, it kinda show his desire to express personality/being unique

I’m not a fan at all of experiments/mutant/alien shit in SF and i will ever hope we get more human martial artist with style/nationality core design… but i must admit, of all freaks original Seth was kinda good

This is how Seth should’ve looked in game all along. He’s like Pinnochio and thought himself a real boy, he gave himself a name, it only makes sense that he would wear clothes and set himself apart from the other Host Bodies. Instead we got a knock off Urien skin-color changing effect. If they really wanted to show off the Feng Shui engine in his abdomen, it would’ve been a bigger shock if we were introduced to it mid fight where the upper part of his clothes would tear open in the middle revealing it.

Anyway Seth wasn’t a bad design, he was decent but a little too similar to the Illuminati twins (and Dr. Sadler from the SF Alpha movie) and a little lacking in original special moves. However this all fits his concept, He was a nobody, just a hollow vessel with a singular purpose; He had a serious inferiority complex due to his traumatic origins and tried to be a somebody by building BLECE and then biting the hand that feeds him. Seth is one of the few characters that truly deserves your pity.