SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Watching Samurai Jack lately, interesting part is with green warrior and Jack’s conscience…

I’m thinking that it’s more interesting to have a twist that Ryu would discover that it is not Akuma that troubles him with hallucinations and dreams of murderous intention and situations, but the Oni that is a universal spirit that haunt, provoke, temps and seduce SNH to every users is a victim that suffers similar to him this include Goutetsu and Akuma, because it’s ridiculous for Akuma to have omnipresence and telepathy like he does on numerous SF anime movies. I’m not into Ryu and Akuma or Gouken relative thing.

I see Garuda more as the Soul Caliber or Elysium to Soul Edge as Inferno and Nightmare.

Something like this but not this, never a mirror self or a shapeshifter.

I am aware and would think that they intended those facial expression to be humorous, Many collectors were unaware that is was not Neca work that made Ryu’s facial design because they were comparing in the recent SF4 titles. I don’t blame Neca for the Ryu fig because those were intended to be like an interview said they were aiming to visual like those early snes guides.

I mentioned it something like that before but more on the art direction team but yet agree since the recent Chun li and Ryu Redbull outfit it might be along the marketing team’s agenda. I used to read somewhere during the time alt costumes were introduce to us in SF4 that every character will have an alternate costume base on the characters personality which latter they were going in a very different way.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but Oni always looked like a modified version of Gouken’s model to me.

It always seemed like Oni shared Gouken’s model. They have the same pose and seemingly identical build and muscle patterns. But if that’s not the case, then alright.

He’s still Eviler Akuma though. So AE still only added 2 characters as far as I’m concerned.

If Oni had just been Capcom’s take on Garuda, I’d have been mostly fine with him. I mean, I still don’t like inhuman characters in SF, but I’ll take a chi ghost over a robot any day.

^ This

Surely the game has still some issues,but I have to see a perfect SF. When a player finds the right character for him everything changes or at least the game starts being acceptable/good. Capcom previously released a plethora of good characters,people fell in love with them and still ask for them,seeing a full new block of characters for an entire year looks a bit like a betrayal. No one is against new faces,but feel forced to use another character instead of their beloved mains is a bit weird. The boos at PSX last December shows how the fanbase disliked this move by Capcom and this KI-like release of the new ones doesn’t help in creating a solid bond with the existent characters. Capcom did a good job with Kolin,I admit,but players were curious about the next upcoming character the day after. I mean, we don’t know if the upcoming ones will be better than those we’ve already get. The FM thing means also the next characters for future seasons will gonna release the same,bad move when Capcom pleased us before with n characters ready to play between versions of the same game. Part of the big disappointment coming from the fans comes because of this and I’m not sure dropping Sakura and Sagat in S3 will be enough at this point. Too many glorious designs will be left behind.

Yeah I used to think the same thing but if you look at the two right next to each other they are not the same. Gouken is more muscular than Oni and Oni has a smaller waistline.

… making Gouken someone that secluded himself to a practice that would repel the spirit of the Oni that plague the subconscious of his brother with murderous thoughts that is being dependent in SNH and lately to find out that one of his apprentice also suffers the same way with his brother. This would make SNH still be a mysterious and clueless force not only to Ryu but also towards Akuma, Gouken and even Goutetsu.

This would be interesting that making Ryu the only person to overcome and find ways to vanished it’s spirit influenced to himself. while making their possible future encounter more into test of endurance not another rivalry or a fight to death. Ryu had a lot of demanding rivalry already. This will brings back the mystery to Akuma being the silent gray man of SF series that is to challenge only the worthy like he used to be not a talkative Ryu-centered/focus individual the same way with Ryu that is seeking ways to improve his skills. The intimidating part of Akuma would not be his ruthlessness but rather his legacy, anomaly and mystery.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/b/b9/Sf4-akuma-rough.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/262?cb=20081204084417

This would also make them(Ryu, Akuma and Gouken) least dominant characters and would easily give way to other characters as the spotlight in future plots of the game.

I used to remember this idea:

I’m not into Ryu having any relative but if Capcom want to, They should go for Bison, because it would change the way it was like Bison choosing Ryu previously because of proving worthy by defeating Sagat and the SNH was kinda lame measurement for a guy like Bison that has satellites to gather information, has cyborgs that gauge the strenght of others and have advanced technology to do cloning.

It would compromised why Bison would choose Ryu as an alternate body but not anymore because his strong but rather because of his DNA that does not need any modification like the clones. So whatever Capcom would introduce in the future that is a potential and a strong newer character wouldn’t contradict with Bison choice of Ryu as a substitute body in the past.

And Akuma was not very fatherly in 90’s SF ganes his more like a mysterious warrior or a jealous brother. The Ryu to SFV’s Bison defeat in the cinematic mode final moments is more climatic and memorable than SFV’s Akuma’s weird and individual inconsistent behavior in his individual story.

There another interesting fan fiction that I have read a decade ago about Ryu’s hair being red in SF one while linking it to SNH influenced being strong. That’s a great idea why Ryu’s hair from SF2 to SF3 turned more bluish hue as a symbolic of independence from such ways.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/2/26/RyuSF.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080509182707

I think the Ryu choice is because nobody else that young showed this amount of potential in SF universe

Oro, Gouken, Akuma, Bison… it’s not just Bison, everybody want become Ryu’s manager lol

I will not like the idea of Bison being in any way related to Ryu/Japan/japanese crowd, as it will make the SF world “smaller”… i prefer “World Tour” vibe/scale story for SF, and Japan has imho already been chosen for key power figures too many times

Japanese Hero, Japanese Master, Japanese Hero’s Nemesis, Japanese New Hero’s Master & most powerful known char… pls let at least the Boss of the series out of this lol
Honestly it will make feel like rest of the world is there just to be (even more) a colourful background

I will be ok with Akuma being Ryu’s father as it will make sense and it will not change cards, we already consider him part of the ansatsuken jap crowd

Also i ever thought it will be cool if they bother invent and reveal a story of Bison’s origins, his master, his story, maybe even how shadaloo is born… there are so many countries/areas that will work well for Bison, and give him and his design more depth

Villain origin stories tend to ruin villains. Look at what happened to poor Malificent. Having said that, Bison origin story would likely take place in the 19th or early 20th century around WW1 given his affinity for military order, but the way he worded his past in SFA3 makes one think he is even older than that. Therefore I don’t see how countries work for Bison either. The guy has obviously been alive for much longer than we know, has taken many forms most likely. It would be nice to be there when Shadaloo was born, a sort of MGSV scenario for Bison and his goons. As that is the most relevant part to the canon.

Really when it comes to Bison, we already know enough I think. Keeping things ambiguous does his persona more favors than not. We can infer that he may have been human once upon a time, but transcended that through his mastery to become a force of nature, or a supernatural entity that’s the equivalent of the Satan of the SF Universe.

If there is one character who could shed some light on Bison’s story without ruining him it’s Rose. So if I want clarification, I’d like some on Rose since he was her master according to Alpha 3, a forgotten detail by many.

I asked this way back but is anyone actually interested in twelve making it at some point? Some characters like necro and remy get very little talk, but absolutely NOBODY talks about twelve. Kinda sucks, I always liked him and think he could be slightly retooled and thought out to be an interesting character.

I always like the weirdo characters in fighting games so that’s just me.

1- Well, that was Disney trying to drop dat DIsney “nobody’s truly evil” message. Does’nt prevent Capcom from write a decent origin that does’nt distort the character.
Can be fun know the story of an arrogant young pos Bison take control of Psycho Power, killing his own Master, start his own shit etc

2- A nation does’nt need to be a modern world one. As said many times if was’nt for 2017 capcom being shitscared of flags, Necalli will have benefitted as char concept to be listed as “Atzec Empire” origin (connecting him with human sacrifices too? I’m ok with it), it will have give him a bit more of context, identity and sense of scope in SF world.

Imagine if they place his history at the time you said and make a capcom’s counterpart of Rasputin* as his Master, with Bison killing him.
Or if they push things even further, and make Bison even older being himself capcom’s counterpart of Rasputin.
That will be cool af.
Second case it will even keep his actual origins still mysterious, just giving his legacy a greater aura through history

Of course a shitty story bring things down, but a well done one can do wonders to a character’s legacy… far more than the overplayed “unknown” thing

3- Of course Rose should be part of it

*Death part alone will make Bison proud lol

1- I’m down for an origins story if it actually further cements the character’s persona (that he is fucking evil) or makes us think that he is more evil than we ever imagined (like killing his parents and siblings as a child lol).

2- Still, I prefer Bison to be beyond this kind of stuff. It’s fits him a lot given what we know. It’s like revealing where Q is from. It just ruins it.

3- Yes, YES!

I like wierdo/freaks in FGs but i hate bland/flat charadesigns of wich Twelve imho is guilty

Also being realistic i think the shape-change thing alone will be a pain in the ass for them to do, specially considering that as you said there’s very little request for him

I will be ok (and i think will happen) with Necro in SFV, specially if they ever do a second cinematic chapter will be cool see him on mission for Illuminati

I’ve never read it myself, but Raoh has an origin story in the manga right?

How was that? Did it ruin him?

Raioh’s past story was just compatible with the character, wich ultimately was in some ways more an anti-hero than a pure villain

His older brother (and true final big bad villain) Kaioh was closer to Bison conceptually.
He had a shitty story… not “bad”, but too small scale and personal compared to the devil he was supposed to be

On reality HNK ever had a bit of contrast between the epic scale/vibe given by the visual look of everything and the someway “intimate” and personal vibe of characters stories

Most of main chars are related or at least know each others since childhood… well, after all the first half of HNK is the gigantic version of two rival martial arts schools

Keeping manga i like how Berserk present the past of this or that char, it really add depth to them and give them a “true”, theyr own past separated from the point where they enter the story, meeting other characters.
It give the right vibe of the world being a big place full of peoples and stories

I liked SFV Kolin’s story being a berserk tribute

Why is the Storythread in the character request thread now?
Did I miss some kind of fusion or do you try to gain new members?

Char request is the new story thread, and we do it sitting on Daemos corpse
Story thread is where i request V.Rosso, characters and color edit
SFV general is where peoples interrupt OT with gameplay stuff, and i drop random tribal rituals to play down Byron’s chances

Get the fucking memo pls

@Cestus You know? V.Rosso was the overpowered evil son of Ryu and Chun in a HK manga very well known 20yrs ago in Italy, but that part of the story was never translated because the publishing house go bankrupt. The part of that manga I’ve loved the most was the Dictator backstory where’s explained where the psycho powers come from and why his name is Vega. Wasn’t canon,but was a masterpiece. Casually they’ve already connected Dictator and Alex,but there Alex was his illegitimate son. Ahh, the ol’ days

I’m in accord with this as well.

There is one detail that I would use as a jumping off point for an origins story about Dictator:

They should explore who exactly this “Ancient One” is. Although, it could very well be Necalli.
It couldn’t be Akuma, he is not ancient.

It could be Oro. Or Gill. Or someone else entirely.

I like Twelve character to return now but I don’t think Capcom would try harder to make his X.C.O.P.Y super worked in game and they knew it would be demanded along with him as package but I believe Twelve without that would worked because he had his own special and other SA.

If Capcom couldn’t return Twelve in SFV they could bring in individual character alternates that begins with an intro of Twelve shape-shifting/morphing as one of the SFV characters as a tribute to his XCOPY.

Necro should be in as Uriens herald for awhile before being free from Secret Society Control.

I’m glad that they made Bison to a more Doom like persona in SF4 but there are a lot more inspiration to reinforce a stronger Bison character.

I like the complication of the origin story of the Joker and Vandal Savage in DC that remains vague and unknown that everything have been told could be, some could be or never did happen that would be interesting for the Bison part making him more ambiguous. Like knowing a tale about him through Rose knowledge and perspective not through him personally, then latter someone would used it against Bison but with a surprising twist that the tale did happen but it is pointless because it was the experience from one of the previous body that the Bison entity used that Rose mistaken and confused.

Bison was already a Vandal Savage of Sf universe in the previous iteration of his stories but he needs to reveal more depth that would lead to more mysteries. A surprising depth that many would believe they know but they would be lead to more horrific understanding. I don’t want Bison to end up like Orochimaru, Rasha al Ghul or Magneto which is meh.

Akuma having a brother like Gouken can only make him mysterious from being an anomaly, Gray man and SNH dependent, then Bison from origin and power while Gill and Urien for there organization origin.

The only ancient character in the SF canon is Necalli. Everyone else is really old.