SFIII 3rd Strike (SUPERCADE/GGPO/nFBA,etc) Palmod palettes fair

Yang, nothing fancy, got to love the purple. Silver/white EX shadows and default blue/white Super Art trails to boot.

sweetā€¦

care to share the pal file? Iā€™d be curious to try them, or maybe mod them (eventhough I donā€™t have the time right nowā€¦)

Some console only/Second Impact/New Generation colors and more.

yeaaaaah !
Thanks Rock. This thread is a train that nothing can stop.
First, the computer and handheld matchmaking board, next, the whole forum!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <= diabolic laugher

this is my first one. took me a while to figure out how to even get the program to show a sprite to edit. this was fun though, so iā€™ll post some more later

hmm i dunno pootnannies, change skin color tooo, looks too identical to default pallette

ah, youā€™re right. i did change that one but yeah, still looks too similar. hereā€™s a different one

are there any tutorials?

not really, but once you get it working, itā€™s a lot like any color edit on console fighters.

first, make a back up of your sfiii3 file. then open it up using an unzip program. look for a file called ā€œ51ā€ and extract it to your desktop.

next, open up palmod. go to file and and load rom. look in the desktop and find file ā€œ51ā€ and load it. the rest is pretty much self explanatory.

any of you guys have videos of this stuff in action?

iā€™d especially like to see the EX shadows

maybememories: i love that Oro

cool !

btw I should make a list of specificities in chars palettesā€¦

Iā€™ll do that next week, hopefullyā€¦

here is an example :
I donā€™t know if anyone noticed but oro has two stray colours that are ā€œbrokenā€ in the MP original pal, I never checked if it was fixed on others, but I believe Capcom derived alt pals from the LP one, and then darkened, etcā€¦ and forgot to really fix these two along the way:
One appears on the very top of oroā€™s head while standing, the other while crouchingā€¦ theyā€™re also used into the legs I think, like nearly nowhere, but they are the lighter skin colours he has. The thing is that in the MP pal, these two colours are too brightā€¦ (they almost look like the ones from the LP)
I fixed it on my custom pals.
On the pal, these colours are located ā€¦ let me checkā€¦
fifth row, columns one ad two.
maybe this isnā€™t really a problem, but if youā€™re messing up too much with his pals, and get dark ones, youā€™ll notice these spots stand out too much.

ok everybody, Iā€™ll be away for the week, youā€™re in charge of the house :wink:

keep your palettes coming !

ibuki if she were black

yo !

good shit pootnannies !
I like your pals
I liked the yellow oro eventhough it was somewhat close to the original, it had some weird acid look to it :slight_smile:

Also, I just tested a bit today, and I donā€™t know why I was thinking pals didnā€™t work with FBAā€¦ actually, they do.
The emu will give you an error message showing the file 51 has an abnormal size, but the game will load nonethelessā€¦
I just donā€™t know what happens online. Do the emu charge the data from the host, or do they both use their own data?.. is it even possible to play online with someone that has the non-moded rom?
ha, I donā€™t knowā€¦ Iā€™ll try to test today maybeā€¦ (if someone happens to know, please fill me in :wink: )

Iā€™m overrun with work, but Iā€™ll be back with some palette fun, if it happens to work online :wink:

'later !

EDIT ::: ok, made a bit of testing, still havenā€™t tried online, but here is the trick :
with FBA, you only need the NOCD rom (means you donā€™t need to have the sfiii3 normal rom).
in the ā€œload gameā€ >ā€œlistā€ tab, make sure you unchecked ā€œShow Available Onlyā€, and use the ā€œFilterā€ tab to search for Street Fighter games.
When loading, the emu will complain about your invalid graphic data, and about not finding the parent SFIII rom, but it will load like a charm.
ā€¦
now I just have to test onlineā€¦

EDIT 2 ::: works online, yeah !
you have to trick it a bit like mame, but itā€™s enven easier.(just like mame, each player sees his own pals, not the otherā€™s, but, he, who cares?)
I reeidt my first post whenever I feel like itā€¦ soon.

EDIT 3 ::: done.
It was so easy, I really wonder why I thought it didnā€™t workā€¦

easy peasy, like tatsu-maki

Iā€™m very surprised at how easy she is to editā€¦
here is a first try, I think Iā€™ll try to add a bit of colour in her shadows and lights, as Iā€™m fonnd of the coloured shadows approachā€¦
the only problem is I like all her other palettes, so I donā€™t know which existing pal I should replace.
bah, anywayā€¦
not done the portrait yet, should take up to 5 mins, Iā€™ll upload the pal file as soon as Iā€™m done with the coloured shadows.

thatā€™s an awesome ibuki, alien! iā€™m gonna do a makoto one next and take a screenshot in-game this time

this one is very nice.

i like a lot of the colors in the game already. but ryu needs his cvs2 gold outfit :smiley:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/765/makotohkcolornv6.jpg

i hated her original HK color because it was so faded looking. i added a darker, greener color and bluish shadows to her clothes. i gave her brown hair and slightly yellower skin as well as a darker bluish belt and a red under shirt. was inspired by this video [media=youtube]FrKdh-hmG-4[/media] which made her a lot darker.

ok, as I planned, no one will ever notice a difference since the first screenshot, but I tweaked colours a bit, there are a few more variations, hehe

you can download the palette + the portrait palette in one zipped folder there :

I remove the link here, I uploaded a fixed version on page 7, however itā€™ still the old ā€œbrokenā€ version on my pack on the first page, I 'll update it sooner or later

enjoy :wink:

Hey, Pootnannies nice Makoto there.
Just a bit of info (I didnā€™t check your profile, so I donā€™t know what backgroung you have), in case you donā€™t know much about colour, as you can see in the vid you linked, shadows look a dark red, and red is complementary to green colourwise.
Not to say your blue shades are wrong in any ways, I just mention it in case you wanna know more (errrrā€¦ assuming you donā€™t know that alreadyā€¦ you look like you have a good feel to colours) about colours and as Iā€™d think it would be interesting to see her with reddish shades that go blue on the outline when reaching the light part.
That is, just if you care about SFIIIā€™s colouring systemā€¦
Just do as you feel.

yeah i think iā€™ll do that. looking at it now, the blue shadows arenā€™t very visible and not very aesthetically pleasing so iā€™ll try putting red in there. thanks for the tip:tup:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7982/sfiii3an0209035056xg7.jpg

made the shadows a dark red and mixed more green in there instead of blue. changed the belt and hair color a bit