SFA3: Character VC's Reborn

Charlie VC is on first page. I think Adon’s VC goes VC3, Forward Rising Jaguar(dp+k), [crouching Fierce, whiff Forward Jaguar Kick, standing Fierce, whiff short jag kick]x2, or something like that… God I miss my Saturn.

He has a VC in the corner that goes VC2, crouching Forward, [crouching Fierce, Short Jaguar Kick] until VC runs out, and end with Rising jaguar or a sweep or something (because Short Jaguar Kick isn’t safe from that range, even if it hits).

slight pause between the Forward and Fierce.

:frowning:

coolness. new nash thing to try out.

i’ve played around a bit with V-Sagat. the VC2/3 version works great for the midscreen but gets really really ugly at the corner, while the VC1 version is a corner VC that does ugly midscreen.

[VC1]
c.SK > RK.knee > FP (whiff) >
{RK.knee (whiff) > FP} to corner >
{FP > RK.shot} til meter low >
RK > FP.uppercut

actually the one above i just gave is pretty mediocre. i’ll try the corner stuff TS jus listed.

• ok… question bout this Sagat VC. i found this on the old A3 thread; this is the infinite setup as described by Inigma iirc…

(from midscreen, ground start)
[VC2]
JP.upper > FP >
{RK.knee (whiff) > FP} to corner >
{FP > K.shot (whiff)} until meter at 40% >
K.shot (whiff. that’s 2 K.shots in a row) >
JP.upper (shadow of upper hits as Sagat lands) >
j.SP > {ccj.SP} until dead

isn’t this escapable…? between the jab upper and the jump, Sagat goes into a neutral state doesn’t he…

• Bison VC! ripped offa TS’ post;
    [VC2]
    c.FK > RK.scissors >
    RK > SK.scissors >
    alternate between {b.FP > scissors(whiff)} and {b.FP > psycho shot(whiff)} to keep juggling until corner >
    at corner, {b.FP > psycho shot(whiff)} until meter runs out

• Sodom VC. from the first post on this thread:

i haven’t tried this yet but between the strong and the jump, isn’t that a neutral state?

The theory is that the shadow is supposed to hit right as a character goes into neutral state. If an attack knocks the opponent into the air while you’re already in neutral state, the opponent cant flip unless you do something and then go back into neutral state (i.e. crouch into neutral position). So with CC setups like sakura, or sagat or almost anyone (an exception being rolento because he can cancel into his super jump during a VC) the character enters neutral state at the same time that the shadow from V-ism hits.

This isnt a waste of bar,its actually awesome to get in the range of dhalsim, and if you follow the 360+K with 2 whiffed fierce banishing flash,then do the 360+K again,if the opponent tries to do a wakeup move,the banishing flat will hit him AND CONNECT with the grab,repeat the pattern again and again. Yes this does not work everytime,but you can modify it for every situation.

Razor: Huh?
Superassrider: considering your replied to Razor… double huh?

Mondu: They’re talking about Gief’s Katobi (SP?) Cancel VC. It won’t work on the PSX, but it works on the DC and in the arcade. When you immediately cancel the headbutt animation, Gief will fly acros the screen landing you right next to them (you still get invincibility frames too if you just need to finish a round vs. Sim or a fireballer). When you land next to them, you can OTG throw them in the VC. So basically you 360+k throw them, then katobi cancel a headbutt to fly across the screen and land next to them and 360+k throw them again… continue with a couple banishing flats into 360+k… you get the picture.

~Murakumo

Oh, ok.

a simple v-dan combo, dont know if its flippable can someone check?

opponent in corner
VC1 - repeated sk Dankuukyaku then at the end jab Kouryuuken into air throw

kawaks replay here

Wow, this thread is old.

And the Rolento VC in the corner is pretty hard to explain. I’m not sure if it’s VC2 or VC3, but the buttons are somewhat like: c. LK, c. MK, s. FP XX super jump MP, repeat. But that’s what I just think it is. I’ve only seen the actual combo twice.

anybody got vc’s for yun, maki or eagle in the gba version? :slight_smile:

The last move is flippable.

k thanks.

This threads a bit too useful as reference. I’m not letting it get lost lke the A3 everything thread.
bump

I just started to respect the Alpha series as a true streetfighter and i’m started to get into A3. I play mainly play A and V-ism Bison. I found out that bison’s standing forwad kick beats sakura’s standing roundhouse kick clean. Also he has some pretty easy and very damaging V combo’s that I figured out in one night of playing.

Your foe’s attacks activate V-ism with the FP & RHK and do neutral standing FP or ducking forward kick, 2 in 1 into the RH sizzorkick. I say neutral standing FP because I can’t get it to 2 in 1 if i’m holding back. (I don’t know if i’m doing something wrong or if it’s in the damn game, but if i’m holding back when I activate the V-ism I lose the back motion for my sizzorkick)

then you do Back and FP, 2 in 1 the short kick sizzorkick to wiff

repeat this all the way to the corner and end the combo with the stomp to the hand. I don’t know anymore combo’s with him but this combo takes 70% when I do it.:slight_smile: :cool: Make sure you use activate V-ism with the FP and RHK to get the most damage out of the combo. If you use the SP and FK to activate the V-ism then it is easier to do the combo as one of the shadows will hit your foe before they fall, thus making much easier to juggle your foes. Using the FP and RHK activation is harder, but it’s worth it if you master the combo. With the FP & RHK Vism you take around 65-70%, and with the SP and FK V-ism you take 45-50% depending on the characters you do it on. Personally I wouldn’t use the JP & SK V-ism unless I was trying to chip your gaurd away when your gaurd meter is flashing. I’m working on some unblockables with bison, but I don’t know if he has any in A3. I think he does since I can throw a FB and teleport behind them, but i’m not sure if this is a true unblockable or will it work only once or twice in a match. I think Bison is pretty good in A3, but I haven’t played against top competition like most of you guy’s have. Just a random scrub added a random post.

my 2 cents.:cool:

Yeah, I found the same VC too about a year ago (it’s amazing what you can find when you are trying to beat World Tour and need a VC for your character). For what it’s worth, to do the combo midscreen, you can do c.fk, [short scissor, b+fp]x2, Roundhouse scissor, neutral fp, and then do the brackets again. IIRC. You can actually do b+FP and have it come out as a neutral one anyway, because you get crossed up, which makes doing it easier.

I don’t think the strength of the first scissor kick actually matters, since they’re all the same speed. But the RK one probably does like 2 points more damage. The problem I found with the VC is getting it to connect though. Won’t work if you’re too far, and you cant start off a VC with a charge move (as you noticed before). I’ll try far standing Fierce if I ever use V-Bison again.

Midscreen version is cool just because you have the option to end it with a taunt (bison has 2 because he’s a pimp) or 2-in-1 into a teleport, or just continue it to the corner and do the teleport VC from the BAS video.

I don’t think that unblockable is valid. I don’t think Bison’s fireball has any use in VCs.

Also, I think A-Bison is better than V, if that means anything to you. Psycho Crusher is too good, and V-Bison doen’t get anything better other than a cc VC. I did like using V though.

Shinblanka: the reason why a scissor kick doesnt come out after vc activation is because when you activate, you character goes back to a neutral state. so when you activate, always put the stick back to neutral, then do your shit.

bison s.forward beats A LOT of shit. his jump up forward has amazing priority too, same kick as s.forward, but its in air. A-bison has a better ac(teleport) too which is nice. and of course, psycho crusher super is too good, and hurts like crazy. he is pretty good in V tho. but just more solid in A

Thanks yo, because I thought I was doing something wrong at 1st. Kinda weird that it works that way, but oh well that’s how it goes. Yea I play better when I use the A-ism Bison, Chun Li, or Geif, but I want to learn how to use V-ism so I can combat that shit better.:confused: :evil: If I play any character in V-ism in tournaments it will be Sodom (I got his v-ism down), Bison, or cody. Cody is a pimp from jail and I love his v-ism combo’s. The dodge is great but his gaurd meter is the shortest in the game. If someone jumps at me I do the standing FP 2 in 1 into the fb with RoundHouse kick for a good 2 hit air defence. This is my V-ism combo with cody:

Activate the juice with the FP-RHK or SP-FK and do a FB with forward kick to FB with Round house kick
then I wiff the standing forward kick to the FB with RoundHouse Kick to juggle them all the way to the corner.
When the meter is about to run out I jump up and FP them
I land before them and the juice is gone and I standing FP 2 in 1 into the FB with Roundhouse kick. This takes good damage but I was wondering about more cody nasty v-ism combo’s. I can’t download shit because i’m on 56k and it takes forever. Shit I learned V-ism sodom from the B5 dvd I got 2 years ago and i’m trying to mimic my style after that japanese guy sodom.:rolleyes:

I’ve found a good Rose midscreen VC. Does around 60% damage. Seems like nobody cares for Rose that much, anyway …

Midscreen to corner VC >>
(fierce + roundhouse) c.strong xx qcf + short, f + roundhouse, [ b + fierce xx qcf + short ] x N, (meter low), qcf + short, c.fierce xx dp + fierce

I haven’t found out how to set up an infinite with Rose yet. Anybody, maybe ?