SF5 Lounge: Idom Wins. Only Poison is Woman enough for Capcom Cup

They made her a power hungry gold digger. She is a racist shrew that killed her husband to keep her position.

2 Likes

This way I think is better.

The old way just had her as a agentless puppet. And while it was a bit tragic, it also doesn’t give you anywhere to go with the character.

3 Likes

I could not disagree more. She went from interesting to extremely basic.

5 Likes

Imagen taking MKs Lore Serious.
The entire game is a parody and they make fun of killing each other over and over and still coming back trough magic.
Of course the characters are flat and one dimensional, thats the point.

4 Likes

And this is why i think you are a fucking clown, lol.

Never played SF4 for more than two hours, but this is basically a regular tournament. You can select 8, 16, 32, 64, and even (I think) 128 people brackets. Set it up for double-elimination, etc. This much I know. I also think you can set region restrictions based on the options that were datamined.

What I don’t know is how it will work though. I hope it won’t be one big battle lounge where each match happens at a time. It would be ideal (I would think anyway) if it was something where once the brackets are formed, a slew of private 1v1 lounge invites are generated and sent to all players at once. They each have a 10 minute window to join, and there’s DQ’s if one or both don’t join in time. Once all matches occur the bracket, they sort out the winner and loser seeds and send out a new batch of invites. Probably updating bracket details on an external website as they go.

… But, let’s see what kinda of a clusterfuck this turns out to be.

At one point it was something interesting, since it was very cohesive and expanded through the years.
They managed to woven something that was appealing from something that was a basic premise.

Now days, it is a fucking joke, since the people behind the games clearly donest care about it.
MK11 being the worst offender since it is clear that the people that made it didnt like old mk games.

They cant even keep it consistent across 3 fucking games.

1 Like

It was great in the Midway days.

MK9 was cool (mainly because I loved seeing the retelling of 1 - 3, which were my favourite MK games). I didn’t mind their changes too much in that game, but the story has been a shitshow ever since.

2 Likes

Sounds like they really took inspiration from Capcom.
Capcom: Here is the official Story Mode for Canon!
5minutes later
Capcom: We have retconned serveral things in the Story Mode!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/docfugu/status/1205348876254769155?s=21

2 Likes

Hectacom hates something.

In other news the sun came up this morning.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fixed that for you chump

Cipher just shut up man. You post in a forum for a game you don’t like. You live in a glass mansion and you are throwing stones.

8 Likes

Since we’re on the topic of MK right now, one thing is found interesting in the Joker tease is that he has his cane. Very prominent it seems as well.

One of my biggest worries was that he was just gonna be a transplant from Injustice. Not that that’s not on the table, but it seems to be a hopeful start.

3 Likes

So MK Annihilation is now more faithful to her character?

Well now there is something in that movie that has something to do with MK story wise I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

MK lore was never worth shit(much like any other fighting game).

But MK11 brought us angsty Robo Frost. Current iteration of hot Sindel was a worthy sacrifice. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

A lot of people don’t like SFV and still post here.
Mind your own business.

Wow Joker’s face is a huge improvement from the cgi Kombat Pack trailer, in that trailer vhe looked like some pretty boy cosplaying Joker for Halloween, now he looks like the actual Joker, who actually kills people.

4 Likes

Atleast Joker looks and sounds 100x better than what I thought we’d get. We’ll see what his gameplay is soon I’m sure.

Joker looks better than I was still expecting… Still a terrible pick though.