SF5 Lounge: Idom Wins. Only Poison is Woman enough for Capcom Cup

Basically.

Lots of balance changes and 3rd variation but the core game is the same I think.

1 Like

Yeah, shame the bridge is literally just a ladder over a chasm, just like in the trailers.

I mean, Krossplay between PS4 and Xbox is a good step in the right direction, but let’s be real, PC and Switch got straight up shafted by that.

This really benefits @FlyingVe because hell, who else plays on Xbox here?

It cool. But I do buy games of Xbox precisely because I have people to play with there.

This was the first time I stayed up at night to watch the Games Awards.
Boy, what a fucking shitshow.

The awards were actually the best part of it this year’s show, and that’s already saying something. Death Stranding won a bunch of stuff that I think it deserved, and Sekiro ended up as surprise game of the year which is great and well deserved for From.
Control won a bunch of stuff and from what I’ve seen the game definitely deserved it from the art side of things. Disco Elysium won a bunch of stuff and that’s great too because the consensus on the game being amazing seems to be unanimous and I thought its indie status would have stopped it from winning anything. Fire Emblem even brought glory and recognition to the weeb nation by winning two awards (best strategy game and people’s choice), so that’s great.
It sucked that RE2 didn’t win anything (it especially sucked that it lost an award to some Call of Duty shit), but I feel like the blame lies on the absolute mess that are the categories for awards this show has.

There’s a “Best Esports Coach” award but no “Best Horror Game” award!? No wonder RE2 ends up not winning anything. And then there’s “Best Family Game” award which is basically the ghetto for Nintendo games deemed too kiddy to show up in the rest of the show (awful idea in my opinion, if not even blatantly disrespectful). I hate sports game and even I think that shoving car games and sport games inside one category doesn’t make sense.

Many awards seemed to be rushed because they were in a hurry showing off trailers and ads, which is really not a good show. What’s even more of a bad show is the fact that most trailers were either CGI teasers, stuff for mobile or card games and only occasionally stuff that looked interesting.

At the end of the day there was no new stuff for Elden Ring, no stuff for Bayonetta 3, the only CyberPunk stuff was a behind the scene thing on the game’s music, the new Xbox has such a weird name that I wasn’t sure if that was supposed to be their new console at the end of the reveal (the parallels to the WiiU just keep adding up) and it also looks like a piece of furniture, and Fortnite won something.

I can’t believe I stayed up at night for that shit. :frowning:

5 Likes

Switch version of mkxi is 30 fps isn’t it? Even if it’s 60 fps I heard there’s frame drops all over the place.

It’s 60fps. It only drops frames on one stage IIRC.

Yeah, I know. But it kinda screwed you a bit when playing against people from here, so you really lucked out on that one.

Control is my GOTY. Game is excellent.
Sekiro is also great, probably 2nd or 3rd best I’ve played this year.
Death Stranding was good, but I’ve expected more.
Disco Elysium is excellent if you are not Aris and know how to read :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Low hanging fruit. PS4 and Xbox are cousins so you can probably implement crossplay there without having to account for too much. Even then when you read their announcement for krossplay (har) they stress that it is beta.

SFV has shown everyone that if you don’t account for PC vs current console in your crossplay development it can get fucky. I’d fully expect them to add PC later once they feel confident in console v console stability.

And Switch may be will come along someday, possibly. Though I seriously doubt the majority of people who bought MK11 on the Switch are chomping at the bit for it. Personally I’m fine with not adding yet another pool of Wifi players to the mix.

3 Likes

Only Redbull sponsored players.

1 Like

Is the tournament mode going be like champion mode in sf4?

How can your play mk games they feel odd as hell maybe it just me?

2 Likes

There is this super cool streamer rooflemonger that I follow and watching his MK11 vids it seems like the game has been relatively stable.

I legit forgot about the 3rd variations. Haven’t watched anything for MK11 since maybe Nightwolf.

2 Likes

Nostalgia

The ruined Sindel’s lore if you care about such things.

1 Like

That its entirely possilbe, it can make people happy and that they couldn’t optimize anything to save their fucking lives.

As far as that goes, it’s all the FG division of Capcom has shown.

1 Like

Rooflemonger is a fraud.

He just steals stuff from trueunderdawg.

9 Likes

I thankfully do not. :slight_smile: For me FG lore is all malleable and for chuckles. I’m here for buttons.

That said, I respect the lore especially in something like MK where they push it super hard. What did they change with her?

I saw what looked like Black Canary’s scream and I was interested. She was my weird favorite in Inj2.

1 Like

Rooflefraud

3 Likes

They are a different beast.

I enjoy learning new/different types of games.