SF5 Lounge: Idom Wins. Only Poison is Woman enough for Capcom Cup

Honestly though, even if they end up butchering the GG feel with strive for real, if it has good rollback netcode, with how incredibly amazing it looks (I mean, how fucking cool is Sol new idle pose?) I’ll probably suck it up and stick to it.
I have not seen anything in GBVS that makes me say “this shit is my jam” it’s pretty and I am a sucker for fantasy style games, but none of the characters so far catches my eye and I don’t think they are going to change the netcode (plus so far no PC version has been announced and as we say in Italy “the fox that can’t reach the grapes says they’re not ripe”)
The other game I am obviously looking forward is KoFXV, but not only they are not showing shit, but with the way SNK treats PC I’ma see that game in fucking 2022.

The interview I mentioned a post or two ago had Ishi. say that the teams kinda caught inbetween atm on rollback netcode. Which is annoying, hopefully the ArcRevo survey results shock their systems a little, because I doubt a single person said no on it.

If it has no rollback I’ll be annoyed, maybe not buy it. GBVS is also looking like they don’t have time to implement it unfortunately, so that’s probably delay based too.

2 Likes

Tf kind of ass logic is this? Beyond that it doesn’t only affect newer players, intermediate and professional players will have problems with it too.

Everyone saying “well it’s just an early build”… but they thought that making it like this would be a good enough idea for presentation, and that is sketchy.

3 Likes

My love of DoA is always heavily predicated on Leon, who is absolutely one of my favourite characters in anything let alone fighting games, ever.

No Leon = my interest eventually wavers.

At the venue/bar to go 0-2 at my very first 3S tournament. Yay!

2 Likes

They also had a survey at ArcRevo and asked for Feedback via E-Mails.

Meanwhile Capcom asks you to eat the shit they serve and you have no right to say you don’t want to.

1 Like

its cause papa capcom knows whats better for you than you do

5 Likes

GBVS demo was delay, so I have 0 hopes, from how the Cannon explained GGPO a game needs some specific infrastructure at the base to use GGPO, I assume it works the same for any rollback, so unless they were incredibly farsighted when making GBVS I doubt it has the system in place and that they would rebuild the netcode entirely.
On the other hand GG probably doesn’t have a netcode structure set yet and the team seems to be very inclined to cater to the NA community.
I mean, they are showing Faust at Frosty Faustings, a tournament literally named after the character. At this point I am like 85% sure they are gonna do rollback… Can’t help but being low key worried though: the similarities with SFV keep piling up, what if we end up with shit rollback?

however-i-disagree

2 Likes

Everyone tackles Neymar because he’s unstoppable. That’s why Brazil always wins the World Cup!

The excuse that it’s an early build to deny critique is how games end up with poor additions included.

You are literally supposed to critique these things so developers can hear a communities reaction to them, it’s very ill-conceived to think early development denies that community response.

5 Likes

My dude, you know what we won with Neymar?

Some wackass confederation cup where everyone was holding back to save the real plays and tactics for the World Cup.

You know what we won without Neymar?

The goddamn Copa America. Home of the best teams in South America, and by extension, the world.

Neymar carries the team my ass!!! Someone call Zuñiga to take care of this diva before the next World Cup so we can actually have a competitive team that actually plays like a team.

These pansies even let him flex on them like they’re some kind of abused housewives. Or SFV players.

Blow up the team! CBF too! Top to bottom!!!

1 Like

I played the GBVS beta, the delay is fine. Functions correctly, didn’t have any sync issues as far as I’m aware.

Thing with rollback is you can’t just plop it in according to a software dev in GBVS cord, the game has to be kind of built around it.

Didn’t Brazil beat Mexico in the finals a couple days ago? I saw the score on tv and they were champions.

*Edit- nevermind that was under 17 I think.

A you need to know is “that’s plus” when your foe blocks your attacks. :wink:

They keep saying that but I’ve yet to hear an explanation as to why. GGPO dropped that shit on a million roms and played great. 3SOE, MvC Origins and VS:R all did the same with “roms” too. Hell evne the MvC2 port for PS3/360 did a really good job adding rollback all things considered.

At some point we need somebody what the deal is with that.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with how GGPO works in regards to its placement within game design but I believe there are multiple sources online that are publicly available to read about it.

But as far as I’m aware I’m surface level, you can’t just say - write code and then run it modularly when it comes to rollback. I think it has to be incorporated into the game at a deeper level.

This guy figured it out

But then again I am comparing a man against children here. Only ed boons divine grace turned MKX from a delay game to a rollback one.

10 Likes

Not gonna lie, that was a flex.

1 Like

IIRC MK10s netcode rework cost em a lot. Was very good work by them.

5 Likes