SF5 Lounge: Idom Wins. Only Poison is Woman enough for Capcom Cup

I don’t think it’s too much to worry about, the difference between wallbreak or not is one hit + the damage buff. Her strat might be to only mix you up once then go for the break in the post mixup combo, then just get one more hit and do it again bc strive damage. It all depends on if the mixup is juicy enough to justify that tradeoff

and even though setplay as a style of play is clearly being toned down in strive, i believe what setplay survives will be solid because of the huge cutback on defensive options. no blitz, no frame data advantages on IB, mean you probably have to actually hold more

That’s true, I never took into account the removed defensive options. Just hope you don’t see characters morphed heavily because the system doesn’t fit them, that’d suck for legacy players.

I am not worried about the combo changes too much since I play Jam and she doesn’t really do air combos, I am more worried that she won’t be in, she wasn’t in sign starting roster and considering the characters revealed so far I am expecting to see the original cast 1st (minus Kliff)

Might have been enough for an extra one, but honestly, you can really just do Fafnir into Fafnir without giving much of a fuck.

Of course, it needs corner for the actual loops, no burst like every combo and all that jazz, but wasn’t Fafnir strong enough to begin with?

I think you can increase your damage here by a decent 10% from the first Fafnir, I think I’ve seen people doing 2k > 5k > revolver? A 100% risc Fafnir starter can probably go into an absolute shitton, like more than the short Twitter clip.

I saw a Chipp at really high risc take straight up 80% from one Pot Buster, so I think Pot has a decent chance at one shotting Chipp with heavenly buster at 100% lmao.

1 Like

My favorite sushi joint closed down so I thought I’d try some store-bought sushi.

Good god, it was absolutely vomit-inducing, I wouldn’t even put that crap in a mousetrap. Absolutely revolting. Blegh!

5 Likes

Fight like a Tiger is a terrible song to study to. I feel like doing anything but studying.

Not sure how much I can blame the song tho.

Just turn Black Onslaught on and Inferno Divider what you study.

2 Likes

I really don’t know why the new risc gauge is barely visible, it’s incredibly pivotal to combo structure but I can barely make it out.

3 Likes

It’s an early build you lizard brained imbecile.

BO1, 2 or Bark Onslaught?

Remember the interviews saying “Visual Clarity is a priority in this game”?

Yeah, that only applies to the combo counter.

4 Likes

Of course BO1.

You dun goof’d son. Hype Dog doesn’t take kindly to this bullshit.

They had the guard bar right in accent core, even showed the negative proration no clue why they kept messing with it after that

1 Like

If you enjoy this annoying creature, turn it on.
I AltF4, when I end up on that Stage.

Yeah, don’t really like that at all. If you told me RISC was not in at all, I would believe you.

1 Like

I actually thought it got cut until I saw people commenting about it on that Fafnir Tweet.

1 Like

3 Likes

I miss when you had Cell’s intro on every match.

In an interview Ishiwatari said the RISC gauge is like that because they don’t want new players to bother too much with it.
Admittedly a dumb idea considering it seems to be the main mechanic of the game so far since airblocking with no FD only downside seems to be that it cranks the RISC bar up.

Also seriously when I was playing DBFZ teen Gohan was supposed to be in my team and he was shit, now that I am not gonna play the game he’s top tier?

2 Likes