SF5 Lounge: Idom Wins. Only Poison is Woman enough for Capcom Cup

Yeah, I got 21, weird I didn’t get SSB Goku and Vegeta. Apparently, I need to earn 500k in Ki coins to unlock them. I suppose I could just do combo trials and hopefully unlock them after I do all of those.

I already got 200k from a welcome bonus

2 Likes

Will say the game, from the little I’ve played of it, is really fun… Though, that will probably change once I hop online.

The menu (lobby) and interface and whole setup is clunky as fuck though.

1 Like

I’m really curious about this upcoming patch.

Assuming they don’t get gutted I may pick up Bison and Mika. That would put my rotation at like 6 characters tho lol

Curious to see Mika get a useable VS

1 Like

DBFZ is a game that I’m genuinely happy exists. I always wanted a legit DBZ fighting game that’s Marvel-lite. I just realized after a couple 100 hrs of play that I don’t really enjoy the game all that much. I try every new DLC character to see if I’ll change my mind, but it hasn’t so far.

4 Likes

Probably some of the best GG StrIVe gameplay other than 4gamer in terms of people knowing what they are doing. Things like May’s dolphin and Fafnir need some changing, but this video convinced me this game will be awesome with a few tweaks.

It also gives you a good listen to Fight Like a Tiger and it now may be my favorite song.

4 Likes

Fafnirs fine, what’s up with Dolphin?

I’m just going on based from what comments I’ve seen. Maybe it’s just the players, but forward dolphin seems hard to punish. Then again, I have no idea at all.

That thing was always super hard to punish with pushback and it being only -5.

4 Likes

Pot looks really cool in Strive. Wondering how Johnny will turn out, I’m under the assumption he won’t be able to set to up Mist unblockables or maybe he just loses his unblockable mist special entirely.

hopefully he shows up in a wheelchair to pay the tax for his crimes in rev2

Oh the big anime expert Frost is here.
The guy who’s only purpose in life is to suck Onos dick for more body pillow skins.
The hypocrite who’s all double standards.

Go back under your rock you useless garbage can and play your fisherprice version of SF.

I have big doubts characters like Johhny will be in Strive. MAYBE with DLC. But definitely not in vanilla. Plus ArcSys have already said not everyone from Rev2 will return. Considering the design changes they’re basically taking on the amount of work to create a new character model from scratch - including all the shading shit

Milia was the character perplexing me the most to make a return. Like, considering the new wakeup system and corner system, how would she function correctly?

Lot of characters may need a touch up/rework if their gameplan gets impacting heavily by the new changes.

well, time to hit the hay, this hour or so with Tekken was interesting, hope the Season 2 for SCVI comes out while I’m sleeping so I can give Hilde a look tomorrow.
I’ve got to say it is interesting seeing how the execution is made hard in a complete different way that how execution is made hard in the game I’m accustomed to.
or to use Tokido’s words
Just one thing I wanna say, fighting game is something so great.

4 Likes

She would function the same, get a hard knockdown and put down a disc. If she thinks she can get more damage off a mixup in the corner then she’ll keep you there instead of breaking the wall. It’ll just be harder to get a HKD, she’ll probably have to invest in RC combos to 2D to easily get it if her gatlings dont easily take her there, and her combo damage from the mixup probably wont be high

My thoughts were that if she remains same side and combos in corner that the combo is inevitably going to wallbreak if she wants damage, she’ll have to give up corner and go back to midscreen. That alongside not knowing wtf is gonna give HKDs makes her sound real underwhelming. Zato also, both of these characters seem like they’d be mad underwhelming in the new game.

You’re fucked. DBFZ’s story is worse than the goddamn Xenoverse 2’s story and it takes forever and a half to clear.
Shit single-handedly burned me out of the the game.

Spam the arcade thingy, should be much more productive. SSB Veggie is shit anyway.

https://twitter.com/JurassicRabbit/status/1195873186488803328

Looks at Pot’s default stance
Bruh

@BornWinner

You're welcome.

- YouTube

1 Like

That Fafnir combo is because the risc gauge was cranked to 100%. You can do the exact same kind of stuff in Xrd with risc cranked.

Here:
https://twitter.com/DocChutney/status/1195952057821220864?s=19

Season 2 doesn’t come out until Monday and Hilde is only out on Tuesday.

I was the one chatting with you on Twitch btw before I had to run. Lol. Was watching the end of the fucking world season 2.

Glad you were enjoying tekken.

3 Likes