(SF4 NEEDS HYPE) CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

On Devil Digimon’s Behalf:

Guys (and gals) with great pleasure, I am proud to announce, in what I hope becomes…another winter MAJOR EVENT (I’m sure Frosty Foustings will be a great success. MAKE SURE TO GO TO THAT TOURNAMENT TOO!!!):

CLASH OF FIGHTERS (CoF): ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS!!!

General Info:

What: CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS!!!

Why am I doing this? Answer: Because I can. And I like throwing FUN EVENTS with exceptional variety.

When: 02/20/10 - 02/21/10 (Saturday and Sunday)

Venue information:

I AM THE EVENT COORDINATOR OF THIS CAFE. A HIRED EMPLOYEE. I REPRESENT THIS CAFE.

Name: J. Jireh’s Coffe House (interesting name IMO :wink: )

Address: 1704 7th Street Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

Other info: Okay so this place is like the reverse Screenz (where we ran the CoB series). And TRUST ME, that’s a good thing! The upstairs of the venue is spacious - filled with lighting, windows, a promising mic stero system (and oh yes I tested it hehe), comfortable charis, and a great deal of walking space (depending how many people come to this lol). And the downstairs in a lil smaller but EXTREMELY cozy and comfortable (kinda has that “at home” feeling. That is where our smaller tournaments will be ran). To the east of the building/venue there is a parking lot dedicated for us. It should be able to hold 20 vehicles no problem. But if we need extra parking space, there is an aditional parking lot across the street that belongs to the venue. The venue is clean as HELL. Oh man it’s so nice!!! :bee: And being that it is a cafe, many many mnay goodies will be available for sale. Sandwhiches, sodas, pizzas, chips, muffins, bagles, coffee, cappuccino, ice cream, shakes/malts and etc. all for your convenience to purchase at affordable prices (I mean this is WI afterall lmfao). Finally, there are two exceptional hotels about 5 minutes away (I’m sure rooms there are no more than $60 a night. I will post more info about the hotels asap). For folks 21+, there is a nice bar right next to the venue and a couple more in the area too. There’s gas stations, pizza joints, a Subway , and other gift stores in the area too. This is a GREAT VENUE!!!

Venue Fee: $7 for Saturday or Sunday. $10 for Saturday and Sunday.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING FULL SET UPS!!!

• PLEASE NOTE: WE NEED YOU ALL BRING FULL SET UPS (T.Vs, SYSTEMS, GAMES)!!! OMFG I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. PLEASE EVERYONE BRING SET UPS FOR THE GAME(S) YOU WANT TO PLAY. WE DESPERATELY, NEED YOUR FULL SETUPS. IF YOU BRING A FULL SETUP THAT WE USE FOR THE TOURNAMENT, AND BELIEVE ME WE WILL TRY OUR ****EST NOT TO TURN ANY FULL SETUP AWAY, WE WILL WAIVE YOUR ENTIRE VENUE FEE FOR THE DAYS YOU ARE PRESENT AND WE USE YOUR FULL SETUP!!!

THIS COMES ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. AND YOU PERSONALLY HAVE TO BRING THE FULL SETUP. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MOOCH (LOL) OFF YOUR FRIEND’S FULL SETUP. BECAUSE THAT’S NOT FAIR TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID BRING A FULL SETUP.

I DESPERATELY WANT TO MAKE ALL OF THIS CLEAR!!!

WITH A COMMUNITY EFFORT WE CAN HAVE A GREAT SHOW/TOURNAMENT. I MOST DEFINITELY WANT THAT, AND I HOPE YOU DO TOO. :slight_smile:

Games being played at this tournament and Entry Fees:

• Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles (WITH $200 POT BONUS, TO SPLIT BETWEEN TOP 3 PLACERS 1ST 70%, 2ND 20%, 3RD 10%. circut points rewarded) / $10
  • Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles (WITH $150 POT BONUS, TO SPLIT BETWEEN THE WINNING TEAM) / $10 per player
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles (WITH $100 POT BONUS, TO SPLIT BETWEEN TOP 3 PLACERS 1ST 70%, 2ND 20%, 3RD 10%) / $10
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles (WITH $100 POT BONUS, TO SPLIT BETWEEN THE WINNING TEAM) / $10 per player
  • Super Smash Brothers Brawl + / $5
  • Super Smash Brothers 64 / $5
  • Soul Calibur 4 / $10
  • Soul Calibur 2 / $10
  • Melty Blood: Actress Again / $5
  • Blaz Blue / $5
  • Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core / $5
  • Street Fighter 4 / $10
  • Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 (WITH $200 POT BONUS, TO SPLIT BETWEEN TOP 3 PLACERS 1ST 70%, 2ND 20%, 3RD 10%. circut points rewarded) / $10

Tournament Day and Time Schedule:

Saturday:

11AM - Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles
1PM - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3/Blaze Blue
4PM - Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles (Pools start first. 32 Man Bracket follows right after pools is finished)/Street Fighter 4/Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
8PM - Melty Blood Actress Again

Sunday:

11AM - Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles
1PM - Soul Calibur 4/Super Smash Brother Brawl +
4PM - Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles (Pools start first. 32 Man Bracket follows right after pools is finished)
7PM - Soul Calibur 2/Super Smash Brothers 64

Potential Side Tournaments:

• Please Note: That these tournaments DO NOT have a scheduled time slot, for they will be ran at some point in the day where time allowed and there is exceptional interest at that time.
  • SSBB Low Tier Singles (Saturday)
  • SSBB Low Tier Doubles (Saturday)

Tournament Game Rules/Regulations:

WILL BE UPDATED SOON!!!

• OKAY I AM TOTALLY NOT DONE WITH THIS POST. I’M GOING TO POST IT NOW (OBVIOUSLY YOU GUYS ARE READING IT HAHAHA). AND CONTINUE TO WORK ON THIS POST (LIKE RIGHT NOW). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, YOU GUYS…PUT THIS TOURNAMENT DATE ON YOUR CALENDARS. I NEED ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND CO-OP I CAN GET.

ALRIGHT. SO AS YOU CAN SEE THERE IS NO SF4 (it’s been removed…for now), MBAA, GGXX:AC, and/or BB POT MONEY…YET. IT WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE SHOW SINCERE INTEREST IN COMING OUT AND PARTICIPATING IN THIS TOURNAMENT (FOR THE GAMES THEY WANT TO PLAY IN). THERE ARE A VARIETY OF FIGHTING GAMES BEING PLAYED THIS TOURNAMENT WEEKEND. GOOD TIMES WILL BE HAD. I’LL NEED EVERYONE’S HELP TO HOPEFULLY GET SOME BONUS POT MONEY. :wink:

MORE WILL BE UPDATED, JUST GIMME SOME TIME.

UPDATE:

• GURANTEED POT BONUS MONEY FOR NARUTO REVOLUTION 3 HAS BEEN RAISED TO $200!!!

• SSBB/SSBM SINGLES/DOUBLES HAVE ALL HAD CHANGES IN GURANTEED POT BONUS MONEY.

• POTENTIAL SIDE TOURNAMENT GAMES HAVE BEEN ADDED

• SF4 GURANTEED POT BONUS MONEY REMOVED…FOR NOW (PLAYERS NEED TO SUPPORT THE THREAD AND GENERATE INTEREST IN COMING TO THE TOURNAMENT)

• RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ALL TOURNAMENT GAMES SHOULD BE UPDATED SOON.

GET HYPED!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FELLOW 2D PLAYERS TO POST IN THIS THREAD AND TO DEFINITELY COME TO THIS TOURNAMENT (especially u WI/IL players)!!!

Also if this tournament is successful, we can use this venue to run monthly tournaments. Since it’s right smack dab in the middle of IL and WI SRK members.

This tournament is also posted on:

So please visit those sites and support.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A TEKKEN 6 TOURNAMENT, THERE WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE ONE!!! Pray there is another F.I.O tournament that will have it.

Hotel/Motel Information:

I am pleased to announce that La Villa Motel is going to be opening it’s doors to our players for the weekend of the tournament. La Villa Motel is a modern, quiet, clean, comfortable, and INCREDIBLY AFFORDABLE - facility. That’s right…CoF: A.S.C participants get a 20% discount when you select them as your motel of choice. IT’S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO SO (this motel is really freakin nice, and less than 3 blocks down from the venue). Considering their motel rooms are $45 dollars a nigh, BEFORE THE 20% discount…lol you do the math. :slight_smile:

Book your motel room today!!! Ask for the “CoF Tournament Deal.”

BIG SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SPONSORS BELOW:

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS HIT ME UP ON AIM.

AIM = devildigimon
e-mail = devildigimon@aol.com

DO NOT HIT ME UP ASKING TO ADD TEKKEN 6 TO THIS TOURNAMENT!

PENDING:
Nives will be running Guilty Gear.

Eww SF4 on a Sunday?

Multiple day events…meh but ill try to come most def. But could you please put the games that will bring lots of people on Sat…instead of say SC2…

Schedule has been changed. Also contact Devil Digimon through aim if you have questions.

Why won’t there be Tekken 6? Just because Webster doesn’t like the game?

auhsoh im webster for info.

If you really care to know the reason why, PM me and I will tell you. But yeah, NO TEKKEN EVER AT A TOURNAMENT I AM HEADING!

Jerry: Thanks for posting this tournament thread. Much appreciated. And special thanks for updating it too.

Guys lemme say this:

This thread kinda sucks. There’s been little talk in here and not much hype. I do hope this changes for the better and people take interest for this tournament. There is a great deal of time and space at this venue. None of the bullshit that went on at Clash of Fighters. Tournament will be done on time (with the cooperation of players attending, and YES that does include players volunteering to bring FULL SET UPS. if you want to get that venue fee waived PLEASE BRING A FULL SET UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAME/S YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN!!) and will NOT be changed to single elimination for any reason (unless there is a lack of set ups (again it take a community effort to make sure that DOES NOT HAPPEN).

We are already in the month of December with little to NO talk about this tournament. It takes interest, to promote interest for competitive ANYTHING. So please show your support.

I have went out of my way to get LEGIT sponsors for this tournament. To front some kind of pot money. And YES, some of it IS COMING OUT OF MY OWN POCKET…believe it or not. So yeah, I hope you guys come to this tournament.

But if you don’t that’s fine. I’m NOT gonna cancel this tournament (cuz obviously there is incredible interest for this tournament elsewhere). But I will remove the Pot Bonus monies, and put it up for other games. I really don’t want to do that.

So please post up and support.

Thanks. :wonder:

bump

Major annoncement coming soon.

Hopefully it’ll bring some type of hype to this thread. :rock:

the venue is actually pretty fuckin dope guys. Chi/WI should definitely come. Im in there so if any Mil. players need a ride I can possibly drive if you give me gas moneys. its not even that far though.

Ill consider this.

what day and what time in sf4

I’ll be there for sure, gettin a few friends in the area hype for this too. Looking forward to seeing some SNK action with Raging Storm Midwest, probably entering Smash, BB, SF4 depending on what days.

Brawl, BB, and SF4 are all on Saturday. 11AM, 1PM, and 4PM - respectively.

IMPORTANT POST COMING UP!!

**You guys can start pre-registering for the games you want to play.

Just simply post the following:

Username (Name): Devildigimon (Webster Snow Jr.)
Games you want to play: SSBB (singles), SC2, SC4, and Naruto Rev 3

I seriously hope to see you all at THIS event.

Let the pre-reg begin.

Also who is DEFINITELY BRINGING FULL SETUPS? AND FOR WHAT GAMES?**

guys…

Smash players between both of their games have $550 alone for GURANTEED POT BONUS MONEY.

And SF4 has like $100.

Guys I’m serious when I in saying please HYPE THIS THREAD AND SHOW SOME INTEREST FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAME(S) YOU WANT TO PLAY.

It takes a community effort to show interest to gain interest. And I am asking that of all of yous.

aka bump. I know Frosty Foustings is coming up. And I honestly don’t want to take any thunder from that. I am working hard getting sponsors for this event. To give out a decent guranteed pot bouns for the popular fighting games I am running. SF4 should be one of them, and it should be supported by all of yous (at least that’s what I assume).

Hope to hear from u guys soon. :smile:

Guys…

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

Guys…

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

want to know why srk doesn’t care? you’re paying out more to smash lol

well that wouldn’t be “as” the case if people posted some type of interest. like i mentioned earlier.

but at this point, it’s not really a big deal to me personally (as far as srk is concerned anyways. DK and I have always struggled to get locals chicago/WI players interested in coming to our tournaments from here). if we get interest i’ll raise the pot. if not, i’ll remove it.

we’ll see what happens. :wonder:

Jesus fucking Christ, that is a metric shit fucking ton of goddamn Smash.

Holy fuck.