(SF4 NEEDS HYPE) CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

insert “how smelly the venue is going to be” post - from sammy (eventhough I totally don’t agree with this theroy)

but yeah we’re running a lot of smash this weekend. and so far they have about $550 in cash pot bonus prizes to be won.

might be $650 in cash pot bonus prizes if this thread doesn’t get more attention. :coffee:

Thats actually the thing thats keeping me from wanting to make the trip. Its too much of the tournament’s resources and attention to that, and not much toward the games I play.

Depends on how bored I am when this weekend comes up.

I don’t blame how u feel keits (or to anyone else with the same views on this tournament). But fact of the matter is:

That the smash players are the most dedicated group…towards me. They come to all my tournaments. And they support them fully with attendance, full setups, ability to take directives (aka being on time at tournaments), etc. etc.

I added the 2d games to this tournament, for you guys (and not the other way around). I moved the 2d games I originally had planned on Sunday, to Saturday. I even took from the SSBB/SSBM pot I originally though about giving them, and added it to SF4 to generate interest for that game at my tournament (and if more people showed interest, i’d get more pot bonus money for SF4). Because unlike some people, I know for certain that smash and other fighting game tournaments can coexist. It’s not my problem that people have their own personal issues with smash players. But I find it hilarious, that not A SINGLE SMASH PLAYER I have met, have had an issue being at the same tournament with other fighting games ran. EVER!

But oh well, I suppose…lmfao.

IMHO, non smash fighting game players need to be STOP being ARROGANT, and START playing MORE FIGHTING GAMES! :tup:

BTW Keits: If TvC U.S.A is out by this tournament. I could run it and move SF4’s guranteed pot bonus over to that game (if it really looks like no one is going to come for that game). If people showed enough interest for it.

Yeah, you’re not going to win people over with this. You’re also not having Tekken, which is a bigger, hyper game than I’m sure Melee or some shitty homebrew smash is. Real talk.

=]

Throws a chair

[media=youtube]FYJwSVNfHjc&feature=related#t=41s"]You don’t even have to *hit[/I[/media]

:rofl: it’s funny because you might be right. But hey I can only offer what I can. Tekken isn’t being ran for super specific reasons. I’d rather not get into that in here. We can take that to PMs.

Smash is eons more hype than Tekken will ever be. Especially inbetween the two states of WI and IL.

I’m starting to question your sincerity of posting in my thread.

But hey, do what u got to I suppose. :wink:

…oh and instead of throwing chairs. Why not have a seat instead. :wgrin:

“Super specific”=“I don’t like Tekken. I’m a negro so I like NBA Live and fried chicken WAY more.”

Just thought I’d clear that up.

you shouldnt be threatening SRK with taking away the pot and dangling the bonus infront of us, then saying you wouldnt care at all, the smash players support you more anyway.

counterproductive.

Hey, there is no need for** anyone** in thread to antagonize anyone else. Take it to PMs.

I think it’s very appropriate. I for a couple months have been trying to get people to notice the thread (even away from SRK), to post in it and show some type of interest. I said, “the more interest this thread gets…the higher up the guranteed pot bonus will be…”

That was posted (give or take a word) on ever single thread, that this tournament was posted, on all the other forums. Some people took advanatge of that…SRK did not.

This thread has ZERO HYPE and damn near ZERO INTEREST. Am I upset? No, not at all. I kinda expected it, sad to say. And I posted why earlier…indirectly.

Why should I have a pot bonus for a game that isn’t getting any hype? That’s silly.

But anyways, with me saying all this, I am going to announce right now…that SF4 lost it’s guranteed pot bonus. I moved it to Naruto. Since I am very confident in that scene, and I know those players are coming to my event.

The 2d game tournaments are still happening at this event (lol if people show up that is), and there very well could STILL be a guranteed pot bonus for any 2d game had. But there needs to be interest shown first to get it! And with SF4, it’s now no longer…

the other way around. :coffee:

LMFAO…:lol:

Fuck that, someone close this thread already.

Treating us like a bunch of dogs and shit.

lmfao…are you fucking serious? :rofl:

Yeah, go have fun with your smash crew.

Don’t dangle shit like the pot bonus in front of a community and actually expect to be respected at the end of the day, that’s some grimy shit.

“Oh, you want the pot bonus SF4 community? Here, jump boy, jump! Sit. Good boy.”

Fuck that.

You’re taking this way out of proportion…

relax dude.

I agree. Chibi its not like this is even in your area.

yep and w/e it doesn’t matter because everyone knows what’s going to happen anyway. I’m actually surprised that tekken was even on the list of games for this tournament at one point… for like half a day. You should just give Red Ryu the 100 for bothering to even pre-reg for sf4 at a smash bros tournament.

care to explain…mr. know it all? leave it up to dan to always say something retarded.

i suppose if it walks like a duck…it must look like a child molester

i mean dog…

no…balding moron.

wait, I mean…

it talks like a duck.

crossed the line, man. i dont respect that at all.

lol i guess…:rolleyes: