SF4 Dash Guile fixes

Yeah cause cause a FK trading with 50% of people’s jump in attacks is part of my weak ass game.

Clearly you didn’t read that one change to his specials I put 2 posts ago. IMO I trade sometimes but I dunno about 50% you are doing it at the wrong time and IMO don’t use it on jump ins use cr. hp.

i say keep the same flashkicks, but lower the recovery time. if it wiffs or you just mistimed it in you combo and they block it and you forget to FADC you are in for a huge beating. if it misses your opponent can be halfway across the screen and they can dash at you twice and crush you. however with ryu’s or ken’s shoryuken the second they touch the ground they can do whatever they want pretty much. that’s such a huge discrepancy. the flashkick is such a crappy move (except as anti-air) because it’s so punishable compared to a DP move like ryu’s

also i would love to see him do that move that Charlie does in MvC2 where you can jump in the air then do a qc from up to forward and do like a downwards flashkick type of thing.

Uhhhhh no you are clearly having online problems with lag, if they whiff shoryu you have plenty of options: If you are charging and close, cr.mp xx any FK or s. lp x3, s.hp if close and have no charge, throw if close, or if you are far use f.hp and s. hk.

i meant like if i miss time a flashkick i lose half my health(usually i do it to early if there is lag because i try to time it so that it comes out when i actually want it to come out (except i do it too early) b/c with lag it comes out a few frames later, putting me in an awful spot)

if they miss time a light shoryuken from my jump they have a chance of just landing and blocking my hits.
(i am gonna try to get a video of what i am trying to explain, i don’t really know how to describe what i want to say well)

The difference is, if they connect those moves, they do damage :slight_smile:

http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/9/24/super-street-fighter-iv-rumors.html

All I got to say is LOL at the first rumored change :rofl:

It that’s true, I seriously think they should replace the existing Ultra with :l::r::l::3k:
The goal was to make SF4 easier to play right? With all those rumors, it doesn’t look like it’ll be out this year. lol

Guile has an Ultra in SF4? Why have I never seen it in action?

I kid, I kid.

That list of rumors is getting redonkulous over there at capcomunity land too.

there’s really nothing hard about Guile’s ultra…except actually landing it maybe.

sonic hurricane. enough said. i would stick to guile and never touch balrog lol

Yeah…I was alluding to the utility of Guile’s ultra, not the difficulty of performing it.

There are so many times that I have been absolutely positive I caught someone only to watch it fizzle into three wimpy hits or a half damage version or missing one of the first set of hits which leads to opponent blocking or (and this one really gets me) a one-hit low damage knockdown reset because Guile traveled forward just enough to scoot under the jump in.

The first time a Rufus threw out messiah kick for chip damage and I countered with ultra (only to be beat clean) I died a little inside.

All that stuff sounds like exactly the kind of thing people would make up. I hope none of it is true, even Sonic Hurricane. Well, maybe Sonic Hurricane. But I like SF4 the way it is; I’d just take some new characters, a couple buffs, and some new stages or something. But even if it’s ALL true…

I’m still totally buying and playing the shit out of it.

You’re just scared of the hurricane my dude. Give Guile the hurricane and watch him jump up in tourney wins. Bet on it!:nunchuck:

yeah. even tho guy has lower damage out put… and hard combos…

sonic hurricane would totally boost him up in tier haha…

picture it… cr. round house fadc back-dash ultra…

hell. you could do just a sweep into ultra like in the other game. lol

A majority of players can’t get that Super/Ultra to come out when the pressure’s on.

I want the Ultra motion to change because it will also give Guile more utility.
example:
FK > Ultra should be easy to achieve with this change vs FK > Sonic Hurricane which will probably lose most of its hits against air born foes.
Maybe even change the current df.hk to allow for more combos off his current charge moves instead of forcing Guile players to forsake a charge for something of lesser value.
(I dream of comboing his Super off s.hp lol)

eh? You already can.

You know, my fear is if they give him the Hurricane, it will be exactly like Flash Explosion in that it does shit damage and if you don’t hit them with both their feet on the ground, they’ll bounce on it 3 times for less HP than an EX Boom.

It won’t be the MvC2 SH, it won’t even be the CvS2 SH…it’ll be the A3 SH. Just watch, we’ll all be psyched until we actually use it. Then comes the :crybaby:

Can someone cut and paste it, I don’t have an account and I don’t see the registration link.

It seems the info has been removed. I imagine capcom made them remove it. I saved all the info from the page fortunately but I dunno if I wanna post it anywhere(don’t wanna get in trouble). Essentially the first rumored change was “guile has the sonic hurricane” :rofl: