SF4 Dash Guile fixes

Valle runs sessions in socal all the time and his ryu is no joke. I swear I have never beaten his ryu with my guile and I’ve played him at least 30 times guile vs ryu. I know I’m not in his league, but OG ryu players like Valle know how to make that match free.

Theres another old school ryu player that goes by slick vic, he has a similar style. He’s a little more zone/turtle, and he gives me insane amounts of trouble too.

Having Valle here to coach ryu’s probably helps them level up a lot faster. There are plenty of ryu’s here that give me problems. I can’t imagine how terrible it is fighting ryu’s in Japan though…

Guile would be so much better if the game didn’t have ultras. He gains almost no benefit from his ultra. I want to play every rufus and gief I’ve ever lost to in no ultra mode :rofl:

I’ve always wished ultra’s were removed. Fuck comeback mechanics.

Characters that would still beat guile in no ultra mode…

Blanka, ryu, akuma, gief, sagat.

For those guys, I think ultra just rubs salt in the wound. They are all so good, they barely need ultra setups (vs. guile anyways) to be effective. I would think guile gains an edge to make the viper, abel, fuerte, sim, and definately chun + rufus + rog fights even or better.

It definately would make guile more viable in no ultra mode. But that will never happen at this point. However, I imagine if they change one thing about guile in super, they’ll give him an easy combo into ultra. It will be dumb easy to land too probably.

Guile’s cr.hp really need a damage buff. I’m landing at least 4 or 5 of them in a match and the damage is just horrible. If cr.hp has more damage it’ll make opponents think twice about jumping in. I was stuffing this ryu’s jump in with cr.hp but the damage doesn’t seem to bother him, after many failed attempts he managed to land one and ended the match with shoryu to Ultra.

I don’t understand why the c.hp has two damage outputs, depending on where you hit it. Usually, you want to hit it early and that results in only 70 damage versus 100 if you hit them later with it.

And change it so that you can hit them with an EX Fk afterwards.

Guiles normals suck, and they are slow. Crouching forward needs more range. Basically if they made guile a quicker character with faster and longer ranged normals I would be happy.
He could actually compete if he had good normals but his normals are really bad.

I’d say something here, but this guy’s shovel digs deeper than mine.

Say whaaaa? Oh no he di-int!

as a guile scrub i only have a few.

stun is too low, fix it

health is also too low for a airman,fix it

f+mk…i doesnt do what its supposed to do

sonic booms should take more damage

his basic jab - strong links…seriously?

crouch mk should be faster

ultra should be one hit then go into fancy animation sequence like kens

his forward dash could use better recovery

back dash could be quicker and go further

upside down kick should be an airbourne move

is it jus me or does it seem like guile has to be extra close to execute a throw?

shouldnt need to use ex flash kick to juggle for a little more than chip damage,

c.strong, c.jab should combo "not only on counter hit (wouldnt really make him better but still cool)

guile is just a straight up fighter, he doesnt have any table turning moves, combos or situations…do something about that since basically everyone else does.

Honda thread sparked an idea; aside from fixing Guile High Kick so it wasn’t -such- a piece… why not also change it’s input from df.rh to kkk? This would allow you to keep your charge and would give him a proper ultra / boom / super / whatever juggle off of it.

Changes I want to see:

[LIST]
[*] Give him his old jumping roundhouse back. It was great for fireball wars and was awesome for jumping very far away and an opponent was crouch blocking thinking they couldn’t get hit only to eat boot.

[*] Make his jumping strong do the bitch slap from ST. That thing was a great anti-air. His new J. strong sucks ass. It’s almost always better to air throw in the situations that this thing actually works in.

[*] Make Standing Strong uppercut good anti-air like ST.

[*] Fix his flash kick as an anti-air. It’s pretty sad if they jump close and you flash, they end up behind you. Then not only do they land before you, they can punish you easily. I’d agree with that if it happened if they were right above you like in ST, but having them end up behind you when you perform the flash while they are still in front is bullshit.

[*] Give him back his Nazi kick (st. forward when close), this thing was a great anti-air when they are right above him at the cost of losing his charges. Was also a great wakeup meaty on some characters.

[*] Raise the damage on Double or triple flash, I’ve always thought the awkward motion, the high recovery on block, and the difficulty of comboing it traded off with it doing a lot of damage.

[*] His cr. forward range sucks balls now. Give it the old one.

[*] For gods sake, give him Sonic hurricane or total wipeout or better yet, TOTAL WIPEOUT THAT ENDS IN SONIC HURRICANE!!! AMIRITE?!. SOMETHING to combo from an FADC that can make an impact like all the other cast can.
[/LIST]

I want an ultra when stocked will give the opponent second thoughts about being offensive. Chun Li goes through FB, Ryu has shoryu to ultra the list goes on. But for Guile, zip.

Everything sounds excellent. Nice meaty post. Bazooka knee bugs me a lot… If the distance were shorter and the recovery quicker I’d be very happy.

That’s interesting, but just curious, why shorter distance?

I would be totally happy with Guile as he is in SSF4 if they had him say:

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SKY!!!”

every time he airthrows someone. Well that and a bunch of other stuff like damage and more focus options.

Which focus options would you be looking for, exactly? FADC options or FA options? FADC options, maybe…but I mean, what charge characters DO have FADC options?

Claw, Gen(crane), chun, boxer, dictator, Guile, etc., none of them can really do anything spectacular off of FADC’s.

Personal list of changes as of right now–

-c.mp +5 on hit.
-c.fp does 100 damage regardless of where it connects.
-Bazooka Knee recovers a few frames earlier.
-Flash Kick’s all get a 20 damage boost (150/160/180/200).
-Flash Kick’s gain a Juggle Potential of 2.
-Guile High Kick input changed from df.RH to KKK
-Guile High Kick gains a Juggle Potential of 1.
-Double Flash Kick gains infinite Juggle Potential on all hits.
-Flash Kick Explosion gains infinite Juggle Potential on all hits.

I think you can take Gen off that list, as his Mantis style is fucking aces bonkers off of FADC’s, so I don’t lament that Crane style can only cancel his roll or slow normals (I think?)

I was thinking more a re-tooling of the focus system with a serious nod towards the charge characters. I am not sure how this would work, because Capcom already took away DeeJay’s EX Dreadkick crumple (which I viewed as a concession to the lack of flexibility charge characters had after FADC) because it was too good. Kind of a moot point though, as they are most likely to the polish and balancing stage.

I like your other suggestions though, I think more damage would be great, a use for df.RH (new input would be interesting). More EX boom speeds (super slow and maybe a boom that appears very close to opponent?) based on the combination of punch buttons, an all new target combo with launching or juggle properties (b.mp>db.hp maybe) OR making sweep his new target combo with a second input needed for the second hit (or sobat away…) and cutting a frame of recovery or start-up here and there to make Guile a combo machine.

I would not mind seeing an improvement to a few of his normals. These are a few off the top of my head:

-Far hk start-up lowered to 11 frames
-Cr. mk extend the range a bit or change the frames on block to -3 (from -4)
-Reduce the recovery of bazooka knee a few frames.
-Cr.mp +4 or +5 frames on hit. ( I would not be against cr.lp +5 on hit, but whatever cr.lp->cr.mp is manageable right now)
-I kind of want to see his target combo not able to be SRK mashed halfway through on block.

There are more changes, but this is all wishful thinking.

http://www.bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/super-street-fighter-4-profiles-cody.html?blogger=Shoe

quote from s-kill

So Guile, who has long-range kicks and a good projectile will be able to keep him off.

Guile has no long range kicks in SF4 so this pretty much confirms they’re giving Guile some range to his kicks in SSF4 :rock:

Legit, I highly doubt that. Recall that given his position, he’s basically required to exaggerate everything. I guarantee you he’s referring to his far standing roundhouse and forward sobat kick, in the assumption that those are long range kicks (which to some degree they are, but… “Guile has no long range kicks in SF4” <-- is more like it.)