SF4 Dash Guile fixes

or he just doesn’t know how sf4 guile plays lol. i’m guessing st.hk is the long range kick he is referring to. i hope you are right though, although i would prefer some more offensive options.

God I hope you’re right on this one Gilley. You don’t understand how tired I am of losing to players just because their characters were balanced better than Guile (Flash back to me losing off of Blankas insane chip damage on his Ultra!!!)

Overall you’re opening post was spot on though. I can’t think of one thing I’d like to see other than the things you listed other than a “new special move”. That would be great. Great work on that though.

we got charlie now, F guile :x

We’ll see. I’d love to have a three character combo of Dee Jay, Guile, and Charlie(Shadow, whatever) though.

LOL… I agree, this would make me happy too…

I’m still rolling with Guile no matter if he sucks or not in SSF4! I’ve been playing with him now despite his flaws and I will do the same in the next game! Someone has to hold down the fort. I’m going to play with other characters too of course but Guile will probably be the main again.

Sonic Hurricane “confirmed”: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/1/7/ces-super-street-fighter-4-las-vegas-fight-club-wrap-up.html

Here’s hoping it’s serious enough to create fear when Guile gets ultra meter. Landing it off an fk cancel would be lovely too.

yup confirmed it’s kinda shown in this video 'cept for the fact justin wong was being a dick and counter ultra’d it twice;

edit: it’s apparently 6 hit and hits full screen.

I thought that wsa pretty stupid… I mean no one was going to get a prize for landing the most Ultras and people wanted to see as many as possible… All that video and all we got was the start up of Guile new Ultra… FTW

Think we can se a FK > FADC Sonic Hurricane? I guess it depends on the motion of Sonic Hurricane but that would be an awesome combo.

Whattanass. He could have just let it hit the second time - or at least blocked it. Grr…

Well at least we know he has sonic hurricane for sure - so I’m very happy with that (and apparently he’s got a power boost too —> WIN)!

I haven’t had a chance to watch the stream (at uni) - does the new ultra system work like in 3rd strike, where more or less EX moves were available depending on your choice of super art?

I wonder if anyone who played can tell if his C.LP>C.MP made easier… If they made the link a little easier to hit I think they would nerf the Flash kick a little to balance it out but I’m willing to trade a little damage for being able to hit the link consistent without plinking or any other timing tricks

^ Make his normal link easier for what? Use sagat or ryu if you want easy. Guile is not for the faint of heart. I want guile to get a nerf so when I beast on a ryu or sagat player I can yell "CHECK OUT MY NERF CANNON SON! NERF CANNON!!!

Haha with that single post I’m putting down my complaints on Guile and joining your nerf army =D

Like I said in the previous post I just want to be able to hit his BnB link without plinking or double tapping or any of the other tricks used to hit one frame links. I can already hit Guiles BnB without plinking and with plinking with a pretty good success rate but I just dont see why they would make something so vital to Guiles game so difficult. Example. I use Sakura as my second and her link are so much easier to do than Guiles and they lead to a lot more damage via mix-ups and this is what I dont get. Why would you give Guile a harder link for less damage and give other characters easier links for more damage. And I’ll never main Ryu or Sagat so thank for the suggestion but I’m straight… I like having to work for my wins, I just want the game to be balanced is all… If your going to give it to other characters then dont leave out my boy William, that’s all I’m saying…

This has been a long thread and I thank everyone for putting in their 2 cents. I now ask that we keep SSF4 discussion on the SSF4 side of the boards. Thanks!

Guile SSF4 improvement thread.