Seth Video Thread

kingoftekken6/poongko seths:
[media=youtube]v7Hnil5Z_PI&feature=channel_page#t=2m20[/media]
03:22 he does the toe stomp crossup on Ryu, guess he knows about that imba shit too lol

[media=youtube]eMzrbPSiOHw&feature=channel_page[/media]
beginning of video

When Poongko combos after the Sonic Boom, is he FADCing or just plain dashing in?

It’s an FADC after boom; the combo with the lightning legs im guessing

Hey, we know something he doesn’t! He obviously doesn’t know about the lightning legs -> headstomps in the corner.

Guess he never tried challenge mode or sees some other benefit to the shoryu?

This playlist contains several matches of Sabin’s Seth dominating OneHandedTerror’s Chun Li online.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0CDB8AA1A408DC67

Holy fuck man!! that guy was crazy omfg

Arturo Sanchez vs. Damdai
Anime Castle 4/17 Grand Finals
[media=youtube]HUi3dv71T88&feature=channel_page[/media]

Damdai put up an amazing fight

Pretty much everyone else who fought Arturo got destroyed, bad.

Arturo is my official Seth role model, just as Hungbee was for my Oro in 3S.

Someone else was recording other matches, I got to watch my replay vs him. Arturo was my first match too, I had to do the rest of the tourny from losers bracket :mad:

Anyway, for my first time fighting against an actual Seth player (I used Bison) I thought that If I at least tried to absorb his long range attacks and dash in on him that I might have a chance to close in on him, but Arturo knows how to keep the zoning perfect throughout the entire match.

If it goes on youtube I’ll post it here

[media=youtube]8fE33Fe2474[/media]

Here’s a glitch that happened during our last finals with Akuma v. Seth. No one’s gone back to test it yet, but basically, Seth can be hit AFTER he lands the lightning legs, and it knocks him out of hit stun while the enemy sputters and takes no damage. I wonder if Seth can hit the opponent during this state, and if it works with other fireballs? (Like, say, a slow sonic boom just as it comes out.)

Oh, yeah, and Seth won and we had a lot of matches and I’ll be posting those here too. :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s happened to me while playing against Ryu after he does his Ultra. Obviously, I couldn’t hit him after he traded off and knocked me out of hit stun, but it just goes to show he isn’t as broken as people think.

testing now. Will report soon.

Edit: Tested. Soo akuma is on the ground the whole time he is in that stun. Doesn’t seem like anything that special hit wise. Interesting thing is even during the blow back animation he still is grounded for alot of it, I have an idea for a setup where a fireball will hit later, into the kicks just to see what happens if you free seth from the later portions. The stun is long enough to get a full level 3 FA off if you are on the ball.

Second edit you can interrupt it after the initial part but it becomes almost impossible to combo after and doesn’t lead to anythign cool : (

Thanks Ross!

Yeah, at the time I was worried I had pulled off a Gambit glitch or something, so I didn’t capitalize on it.

And trust me, these finals were pretty hot, back and forth all throughout. I had never played a good Akuma before this tourney so I did lots of dumb shit, then progressed to some dumb shit, then by the end I was feeling good. I also think it’s an interesting watch because it was such a long set that you can see both of us adjusting.

So, just so we’re clear: Do a level 3 FA if this happens and combo into punisher?

ummm well yeah but you need to be on the ball… in general you can at least get a lvl 2. Or just dash up cr.fp

OK i just started to pick up seth to play a mean mixup game, i tend toget alot of my friends, but they play heavy hitters when i pick seth and I have to either play total keep away and REALLY safe or run to my Chun or Ryu. But i dont see to many players use the jab SRK> 3 j.d+mk against jump ins. Is it just worth it to just do the next 2 srk’s or is it too risky to SRK on a jump in with seth. Cause i catch my friend with it all the time and its an annoying combo that sometimes drives off thier game. Im watching Sabin and learning alot of things, like the tick to SPD

but yeah I love seth cause he is awkward and really fun to play as, i remember i was saying that he was garbage and not worth playing, till i really gave him a try… boy was i wrong.

Big3D- LP Shoryu has no invincibility and starts later then some other shoto shoryus so it can lose out to some jump attacks cleanly. Just be mindful of that.

Set 1 is up

[media=youtube]JyQaOMyfrSU[/media] set 1 part 1
[media=youtube]AvsADCKOyZ8[/media] set 1 part 2

Working on the 2nd set…

Can someone explain what happens at 5:28 in the 1st video? Seems like a sonic boom canceling one of akuma’s red hadoken? Everytime i do a sonic boom (even EX) akuma’s red hadoken wins? (i tend to do mostly LP booms in my matches though, maybe HP wins?)

EDIT: also does anyone else have sound issues with 2nd video?

Akuma was throwing lp red hadoukens to fuck with Seth. They come out faster but only do one hit (normal hadouken is faster than lp red hadouken, though). Usually you throw the fp red hadouken because it beats every other non-super fireball in the game, but if you can get them to react to the lp version the same way as the fp version, there’s no reason to use the three-hit one. Basically, mindgames that Seth wasn’t falling for.

And yeah, the sound is desynched in the second video.

So, once again, does anyone have any idea why a lot of these Seth players aren’t using the cr.fp -> lightning legs -> headstomps punisher in the corner instead of cr.fp xx lp shoryu -> headstomps? I mean, it does more damage and stun, right? In the video that tl_crow posted, the Seth player even showed that he was aware you can do it by following up cr.mp xx lightning legs with headstomps. Am I missing something here? Because I feel dirty if I don’t do the corner punisher in the corner.