Seth Moveset and Attributes

That doesn’t work, man. An (just one) EX Tandem Engines costs 1/2 of the SC Gauge.

Anyway, does anyone know the staple strategies for this guy? Obviously, he takes a shitload of damage, his shoryukens have poor priorities and ranges, his QCB+K (any version) seems to be too unsafe to be used for anything at all, his ultra does a pathetic 35% of damage, etc.

Sonic Booms, Yoga Teleports, and SPDs seem OK. I have no clue how to utilize the Tandem Engine or the cr.HP.

Just Sonic Boom and run? lol.

Wooops again! I was doing it in training mode with super meter on max so assumed it took 1 meter. My mistake :sweat:

Ah I guess I can rest easy then.

Might want to read this: http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section/3163881/25967/street_fighter_4/xbox_360

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/05/stamina-stun-dash-and-jump-rankings-street-fighter-4/
^Site also states’ Seth’s lifepoints to be 800, but maybe they got it from the Prima guide as well? do you think you can take a camera pic of his lifebar at zero and the game stating the total damage taken as 750 or whereabouts? [Seth vs. Seth; Cr. HPxxEX Engine–>repeat]

Unless those last pixels of health are worth 70, I really doubt Seth’s health is 800.

Thanks.

Well, after playing a lot and doing a lot of research tonight, is it just me or is Seth played almost just like Dhalsim?

God, I hate screwing up Seth’s Ultra when I’m not in the corner. From midscreen the input needs to be timed and executed at the point when the opponent is adjacent to Seth’s torso or else you miss out on the first 19 hits of the Ultra. So about a full second after the second hit of cr. HP, for example.
Sometimes I would do lvl.3 FA, cr. HP, immediate Ultra and get a four hit combo.
Psh.

What the? You mean if you don’t range it properly it won’t deal any hits/damage during the “vacuuming” part?

Exactamundo, if you Ultra immediately after cr. HP then no damage is caused during the Yin-Yang vacuum part of the cinematic. It’s in the vein of Balrog’s Headbutt to Ultra. Pretty odd.

Thank you for this guide Sleazoid. I am going to print it out, the gifs is nice help for newbs. can you do a guide for C.Viper to?

Another FYI for all you folks interested in what Seth can do, his cr. FP launcher has the exact same properties as Abel’s…except not quite. Abel can cancel the first hit of his 2-hit launcher, which Seth can also do, except Seth can also cancel the SECOND HIT of the launcher.
So you can 131KKK Teleport cancel out of a fully blocked launcher which allows startup invincibility against any reversal pokes/specials. It also gives enough distance and has little enough recovery frames that say, Ryu, Gen and Abel, who have quick horizontally-travelling Ultras, won’t be able to punish your active frames with a reversal Super/Ultra.
So ladies and gentlemen, Seth has a 100% risk-free way to set up Ultra(this time without the use of EX Tandem Engine/any meter at all). Even Gouken with his back throw -> Ultra can’t brag about that. I might maybe try to get some videos up of that and of his proper midscreen cr. FP -> Ultra set-up later today, for people who don’t want to try it themselves or CBA to unlock Seth yet.

Finally has something decent going for him in the wake of having everything good he has get shit on like he’s Frank McCourt in Angela’s Ashes.

Just to let you know. Might wanna test this out people. He doesnt move that far but it definatly helps. I have trouble kara’ the 360 only neutral throw seems to work well.

Seth’s Kara throw: Foward Roundhouse + Throw.

Abel can cancel the second hit of his launcher too, so he can do stuff like c.HP, Marcellus Roll (hit confirm), Air Grab or c.HP Wheel Kick or c.HP, direct air grab, etc., etc…

I just noticed that Seth is very weak!

seth has multiple kara throws
stand LK (most range)
stand HK (slightly less)
stand MP (almost no range)

what can you juggle with after shoryu, FADC?
also, in general, what’s the point of FADC through fireballs when there’s other ways to get around it?

Can Seth’s shoryu FADC be at all useful? From what I heard damage is kind of needed from multiple hits to do anything with it.

The reason for FADCing fireballs is that you take recoverable life damage in order to fill up your ultra meter, allowing you to get one before going down to half health, sometimes allowing 2 ultras a round.

oh thanks, I think I heard that once and forgot :stuck_out_tongue:

Fierce Shoryu still does solid damage on it’s first hit… you can probably do Fierce Shoryu, FADC, Headstomp, Divekick for good damage, though I’m not sure if it’s worth two bars…

Fierce Shoryu, FADC, EX Tandem Engine, c.Fierce, Ultra probably works. Probably doesn’t do anywhere near as much damage as Fierce Sonic, Super either, but it’s a flashy combo :rofl:

You can do:

AA Jab Shoryuken -> j.d+MK -> j.d+MK -> j.d+MK -> j.d+HK

The damage on the combo above is reasonable too and you do not waste any meter.

cr.HP (cancel on second hit) -> Jab Shoryuken -> j.d+MK -> j.d+MK -> j.d+MK -> j.d+HK works as well.

You can of course add more cr.HPs there via EX Tendem Engine if you have meter. The problem is landing the cr.HP because it appears to have very few, if any, legitimate set ups aside from punishing big whiffs. I actually believe that the combo above does more damage than cr.HP -> Ultra. Regardless, I always save the Ultra with Seth because it is a legitimate whiff punishing tool anywhere on the screen.

cr.LP -> cr.LP -> cr.LK -> QCB+LK works too I believe. Just make sure it hits. All variations of QCB+K leave you at pitiful recovery frames once they are blocked.