Seth Hitbox Compilation

Jumping Strong beats Guiles air throw in the same circumstances.

I don’t play Super at the moment so can anyone tell me if J.Hp’s hitbox changed?

In Vanilla, you could jump in on someone with the HP and if you did it too early it would appear to hit but miss entirely.

I’ve been testing this as an intentional whiff into SPD on landing.

oh you mean jf.HP. Yeah it still works that way. Same quick start up and low active frames. Not a bad idea since it could look like a safe jump.

I’ve found it really effective against people who just like to block air attacks on wake up in fear of being option selected or characters that don’t have/use anti-airs. Best thing is you can trick them first with a jump in HP that hits, it seems like a very ambiguous whiff because of the lower active frames for an air attack.

Edit: Exploring other options, possibly normal throw, Cr. Lk into combo/mag loop, Cr.Mk to Sonic Boom FADC, Instant overhead Stomp into mag loop. Because you still perform an attack in the air I think Seth has to recover for 4 frames on the ground so most of these options are unsafe versus the normal suspects, or only usable in low frequency.

Great thing is, if someone back dashes the wake up, the SPD setup OS automatically anyway because your intention is to whiff the jump in.

Was it common knowledge that Seth’s legs are projectile invincible during stomps? I’ve seen players use the stomps when neutral jumping fireballs, but I never realized why until now.

They’re not.

Red lined boxes are projectile immune.

Try it.

Who has the Ultra2’s hitbox movie?

nobody. it was not included in the .zip file.

is there any way to get the hitbox for f.j. mp? That and U2 are the serious ones missing here.

Guys, if you ever need anything changed on the first post here, feel free to PM me.

kanta kun, could you inform me seth’s super combo’s frame data, the more complete the better :slight_smile:

Sorry, for frame data, the best resource is Eventhubs. I’ll add a link to the opening post.

I don’t play this game anymore, so if you want to reach me, a personal message is the best way.

Added U2, j.MP, teleport and Legs, scanned off some magazine that surfaced a time ago. Quality is not as good as the video caps, but it’s better than nothing.

Also, I suggest you guys download and keep a zip of these, if you find that they’re -that- important. Photobucket might creep out one day and delete them.

Thanks to lullius new program (though I wish I could have gotten these with FRAPS, timing print screens to cap these was…difficult…)

fst.MK (AE/2012)

j.MP (later frames)

U2

awesome! I’ll add them ASAP.
EDIT: Added all of them.

Can someone with the PC version update the hitboxes for the divekick, stomp, j.HK, and j.MK? I would imagine the DP hurtboxes match the jab DP hurtbox screenshot already.

yeah, if someone captures it, just post it and I’ll replace them in the first post.

I went out and bought the Brady guide to answer my own questions. I’m not at home right now so I don’t have access to a scanner… and somehow I don’t think the mods would approve of me putting up those scans.

I’ll describe the changes compared to the screenshots in the first post:

All stomps: Hitbox extended downward to align with the tip of Seth’s toes. Hitbox width is unchanged. Hurtbox is unchanged, meaning the hitbox now extends outside the hurtbox.

Divekick: Hurtbox extended diagonally to align with the tip of Seth’s foot, really only a few pixels. Hitbox is unchanged.

J.HK: Hurtbox unchanged. Hitbox width cut in half horizontally; it starts roughly along the edge of his pushbox and ends around the middle of his foot. The hitbox is also slightly shrunk vertically and significantly shifted downward. It’s below his calf and on his foot now.

J.MK: Hurtbox unchanged. Hitbox shifted down significantly below the leg, aligned with the knee of his non-attacking leg. The length of his hitbox is massive; the right edge matches the edge of his hurtbox and the left edge reaches a few pixels beyond the knee of his non-attacking leg, which is well outside his hurtbox. It really does match his 2012 j.HK in size.