Seth Hitbox Compilation

What do you mean? like, if its diff from Vanilla or if jump back and jump neutral are different? I think both of those are the same, its just a matter of you sending out the j,HP when he isn’t expecting it, almost as an instant overhead. It should also hit deeper into Gief’s hitbox if you’re doing it on the way up, thus upping your chances of not getting ass raped by his fists.

Surely the hitbox for J.n.hp should be bigger? I’m so tired of attacking someone in the air by jump back fierce and either trading or being beaten clean :frowning:

Thanks for this hitbox information Kanta-Kun, helps a lot.

Notice how he has the vulnerable hitboxes AROUND his attack box. It’ll get beaten by ANYTHING with a slight angle.

It’s fucking fail.

Fei long and Ken’s J.HK make my arms cry. It should at LEAST trade, which is terrible for Seth anyway

That can’t be right if you look at n.j.HP, this would mean it’s unblockable at a certain distance

You didn’t understand what that means. Have you ever had someone charge a focus attack right in front of you, you’re pressing back trying to walk away from it and you just get lvl3’d? That’s because of that yellow box. it forces you to block instead of walk back.

Yo Jinrai, now that you’re back around, can we get a sticky on this, pretty please?

And sorry for double posting here, but yeah…

After seeing these hitboxes, I finally knew why St.lk eats Ryu cr.mk. Such Godlieknezz.

Also I finally knew why J.Hp gets beaten by Guile St.hp.

I’ve messed around with s.lk in Training Mode and it seems to beat a well spaced c.mk from Ryu. I rarely use this in a match, but would you say it’s pretty reliable to use?

It would probably work well as a counter-poke when buffered into short legs.

I think he’s talking about f.s.lk

Yup

It was mentioned earlier that it stuffs Ryu’s c.mk. In messing around in Training Mode, it seemed to beat it at it’s normally thrown distances, with it catching Seth only at unsafe or meaty distances.

I haven’t used it in a match yet, but wanted to ask in case some of you have.

I use s.f.lk as a poke, and it’s pretty good.

Oh, crouching light kick has an amazing hitbox by SSF4 standards, and I thought he meant that. That’s how all of his hitboxes should look, especially his jumping attacks.

Seth is gdlk in the air though. I think he’s pretty good in that department. For now at least, since they’re fucking him up for arcade edition. -_-"

Seth is terrible in the air IMO. He doesn’t have a single offensive downward angled attack, his main jump-ins have hitboxes inside of his hittable area, he doesn’t have any strong defensive air attacks like Balrog’s jumping fierce, and his only good air-to-air is jumping strong now that his dive kick has more startup.

Jump forward Fierce Punch is really good, it makes his hitbox funny.

Really? I’ve found j.HK, j.HP (all of them, neutral, back, forward), j.MP and stomps to be pretty good air tools… j.lk too sometimes.

Also, J.lp > Air throw happy Guile, as long as you press first and jump first :l …

I also agree with the gdlkness of J.lk, both as air to air and as cross up.