Seth Handbook by the S.I.N.dustry

Hey guys,

I was working on this for a looooooooooooong ass time, and I decided that seeing as I won’t be around for much longer to give you guys the chance to pick up where I left off on it.

It is very shitty, I know, but it has enough structure where you guys can take up the challenge as a group and complete this. It has pretty much only Vanilla information (A majority of things still work from Vanilla -> Super), meaning it will help anyone just starting out with Seth and wants a shit ton of info without having to make a noob out of themselves by asking.

Without further adieu: http://www.filedropper.com/sethhandbook

Please work together on this. I put in over 20 hours during Vanilla compiling all the information and a shit ton more personally playing the match-ups that were written down.

I had a great time spinning the name S.I.N.dustry, it’s been nothing short of awesome being able to talk shop and meet the few that I did in person. I’ve decided to take charge of my life and get to work on things like school (I put it off for far too long), concentrate on working full-time (I actually have a job that is in the field I’ll be going to school in so I would rather not fuck this up), and get back to the shape I used to be when I was working out 2.5 hours/day for 5/7 days a week. I was once a jock, and I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder which prevented me from being able to do much of anything of physical nature. It’s been about 2 years and I’ve had about 8 months of Physical therapy on it, so I think that is enough rest. I personally never played games because I’m super competitive, I’m more of a friendly guy and making friends in the hobbies I decide was always my number one priority, but as of late, friends are scarce for me in the scene up here (Tip: Don’t call someone out then proceed to get black-out drunk on your birthday with them around, you might end up losing a majority of your homies like that). My friends were the only reason I competed, I don’t like online gaming as much as LAN/In-person gaming, because I just enjoy people for who they are when they aren’t behind a CAT5+Monitor.

I’ve decided that seeing as how things are I’ll be taking a bow and leaving the fighting game scene, because tensions are high, and I hate the idea of being ‘THAT guy’.

Take care, have fun, and keep the S.I.N.dustry alive.

… I’ll leave you guys with one thing, something I didn’t even discover but a friend of mine did (Riki-Oh, Bison/Adon player).

He discovered that you can change the falling speed of Seth’s jf/jb. HK (cross-up). It’s subtle, but exists.

Ex. When doing a jf.HK and not touching the stick will let you follow his normal trajectory.

When doing a jf.HK and holding DOWN on the stick, you shorten the horizontal distance Seth travels, but also quicken his descent speed.

I’m sure you guys can already start to theorize all the ambiguity you can come up with this, making him a serious mindfucker of all assholes.

Anyways, good tidings and luck to all. Much love to all Seth players who have stuck it out thus far, my final appearance in fighting games will be this Saturday at a local tourney which I have yet to tell anyone that it is. I’ll be competing in Counter-strike: Source in my off time, so if anyone cares to look me up there, I go by the handles: Pinnochio, pinno, pNo, pNoCTOPUS, pNoPTIMUSPRIME, and PingXao.

:rock:

-Jared “jalapNo” Schultz

Good luck to you, and thanks for all the hard work on this handbook.

Guide looks great mate. As a casual Seth player it’s nice to have all his core information in one place. Enjoy real life!

Good shit man, always had a good time talking to you, keep in touch, I’ll see what the others and I can do to complete this :slight_smile:

Thanks this will really help people who are just picking seth up (like myself). Cheers and good luck in the future.

Dude, you’re leaving? That sucks man, I’ll miss you around here because you always got me laughing and you had some great stuff up your sleeve gameplay-wise…

Thanks for compiling all the information. Goodluck in whatever endeavors you will take.

Always a shame to see a player leave. Good luck in the future dude!

Thanks guys, I’ll be on aim infrequently in case you guys ever want to say what’s up and have a quaint little chat (PapaRhino and I have a shit ton of talks lol). Whether it be SF related or not (You can ask me dumb questions if you’re new, I won’t bite your head off), it’ll be nice to hear how my brothers from other test-tube mothers are doing in the scene (locally and globally).

PapaRhino: I better see that MM on the stream tomorrow (Let me know what time it’s going to happen because I’ll take my lunch around that time so I can see it while I’m at work).

Again, Play Hard – Go pro!

Wait, I’m slow. Where is jalapNo going?

To find his true self. Train in the fucking mountains. And if he ever feels like it’s the right path, come back to us, with some broken-ass knowledge about Seth that came to him while he was having a Spiritual Session with Hiropon.

Amazing, this is exactly what I was looking for to improve my seth. Been hitting a wall and this helps. TY!

Finally got a chance to check out this Handbook.

Really great stuff jalapNo!

1st post but definitely not new to this site. Just a quick question:

Has this handbook been completed? Just wondering…

No, jalapNo states that it’s not within the first 4 lines of his post. He left it for anyone who wants to finish it. It was going to be a consolidation of anything related to Seth gameplay wise.

Yeah, that’s what I meant if it has been completed by anyone else. It really should.

No updates? :’(

We should try, the rest of us are clearly lazy though.

I’ll try to make a legitimate contribution to the handbook after Shadowloo Showdown.

I guess I’m gonna have to finish this myself.

Honestly, I started one of these myself, but I don’t know if it’ll ever be “finished”, so I didn’t think much about posting it.