[Sep 3, 2011] The T&G Throwdown! Sept. 3, Horn Lake MS. (Horn Lake MS)

Mid-South Tournaments and Games presents…

The T&G Throwdown!
What: In celebration of their Grand Opening weekend, Mid-South Tournaments and Games will be holding the first T&G Throwdown! Think you are the real thing in Street Fighter, Marvel 3, or Tekken? Prove it and come down to the tournament to compete and meet new players! Cash prizes await the victors!

Games: Super Street Fighter 4: AE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Tekken 6 (tentative). Other games TBA.

When: September 3rd, 2011, from 12:00PM – 8:00PM. Registration and Casuals start at noon. Tourney proper begins at 1:30PM

Where: Mid-South Tournaments and Games, 1731 Dancy Blvd, Horn Lake MS 38637. You can reach them at 662-510-5027.

Registration: Venue fee is $10, plus $10 Entry per game that you intend to compete in. 100% of entry fees go toward tourney winners. Pot split is **70/20/10. **

Rules: Format is Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches. Losers and Winners finals are 3 out of 5. Grand Finals is 3 out of 5.
All games except Tekken 6 will be played on XBOX 360. Tekken 6 will be played on PS3.
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. This is very important, regardless of whether you play on pad or stick, the controller that you use is YOUR responsibility.
Do your button checks before beginning the match, pausing during a game will result in the immediate forfeit of the round unless your opponent does not want the forfeit applied. Note that pausing during an Ultra animation in Street Fighter 4 will also cost you the round unless the Ultra kills the opponent.

Tournament organizers also reserve the right to cancel any tournaments with less than 8 players. In this situation, your entry fee will be refunded to you.

For more info check out http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248795141816420
Questions? Ask here or pm me!

I AM SO IN…

Good stuff man, btw were you at fight night last week? I don’t think I met you if you were.

I’ll be there, excited for the new place as well. I hope it doesn’t go the way of CyberNet and LAN Matrix, they’ll be no nerdy hangouts again :frowning:

Hopefully there will be enough people for this. So far with the people that go up to the store only a few of them actually play MvC3. Not too many SF4 players. Gonna have to call all your friends out for this one. I think he’s also going to have to borrow some equipment. 6 stations to play on but I think the TV’s he uses aren’t too good for fighters. Hopefully we can pull all of this together before then. I’m heading up there tomorrow to talk to the owner about everything.

I want to join :open_mouth: ive been trying to find a scene in the mid south for the longest time. this will be my first tourney.

Talked with one of the guys from the store. He said everything will be ready to go by tournament time. :]

Brad, Don’t worry about setups, I’m the TO and I already plan to have all EVO monitor setups. Should be looking at 8 full setups. Of course if you have a EVO monitor+console you want to contribute to the event, let me know and I’ll waive the venue fee for you if we use it.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Yeah, I talked to Roger yesterday when i went up there and he said he’d already talked to you and worked everything out. Just posted before I had that information confirmed. I appreciate you setting all of this up man and look forward to learning some new things in fighters as always. I’ll be heading up to the store here in a few to work on my skills. =]

will ssf4 be played on ps3?

No sir, SSF4AE will be played on 360. If you play on stick, I’m sure we can find someone to lend you a 360 stick for the matches, if you play on pad, I know one of the regulars has a converter, and we’ll try to hook you up with that.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

o ok i think i might have to borrow a pad for ssf4 ae, im bringing my stick though for tekken 6 , but im gonna ask my mom if its ok to come if she says yes ill let u know in pm :slight_smile:

That’s fine, I know we can provide regular 360 controllers or fightpads for you to use if you play in the SSF4AE tournament.

For anyone comin’ in from out of town, they’re also having a Smash Bros tournament that Friday night. It’s an awesome way to get in some gaming with the locals and check out the venue and know how to find it the day before!

Well, looks like those plans were shot out of the water. One of our new people got fired at work, so guess who gets to pick up all of the slack this week?

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.

Meh…even though I scheduled like a fucking MONTH in advanced, I kind of saw it coming. I knew that bitch wouldn’t last long

I know this is old as hell.

I haven’t been able to attend for some time dude to work, but there is a picture of my friend and I.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263300_1929024907035_1284570139_31761163_3912041_n.jpg

My buddy, Matt, is in the Captain America shirt. I am beside him in the black Halo Wars shirt with the hat turned around. I brought the setup that I am playing on. I get a little more angry with each time I’m not able to go. I like working, but I’m “part time” and pulling 40+ hours a week WITH college…there might be a problem.

whats the mvc3 turnout looking like?

I’m kind of unsure, MvC3 hype has died down a bit because of ultimate mvc, but we still pull decent numbers for the ranbats. I think it will be around 20+ players, but that’s just my guess.

i didnt do good today :frowning: