Sentinel [[STOMP]] Patterns

nah you can swat the upward diag one, not sure on diag down tho. evo2k4 potter v. nestor match 1.

yeah true shyguy but it has to be where the frying pan is which is going to be 90% off most the times. The RP will hit sentinels stomach or aounrd there the majority of the time

hmm any chance if you crack the other sent with the frying pan and you get rped, can you land then go for unblockable on the other sent since you can do it when the bounce off the floor? doesnt sound like it since sents so heavy, but if the RPs coming down to you, youd land first. sounds like it doesnt work tho but any chance for unblockable is nice

would be cool but there’s not enough time for the laser to be on its last frame. anyways you’d have to be close to the other sentinel, because the unblockable is alot harder to do on them, and its impossible to do unblockable from full screen on sentinel

wasnt sure, i havent done or seen unblockable done on sent too much, almost never

yeah its alot easier to just go for the guard break.

what’s the best way to fight runaway cable esp. team scrub. i use santhrax.

i know many people have mentioned this but when you fast fly, what do you do after that, i can’t get that extra hits in the fast fly?

right after you fly you have to push a direction on the stick( like back for example) then at the same time do another short, then you can do fierce or rocket punch. i think magneto maniac explained it earlier in this thread already.

yea you have the right idea, to fast fly the stick has to go to the neutral position after you turn on fly then you hit a direction+lk and it should connect if you do it right.

on the sent v. scrub, get on cable. fly over him and drop lp’s and counter call his capcom with yours, so if you eat a corridor and cable tries to follow up hes going to take one worse since sent takes better hits. if you have unfly, when you lp cab unfly right then because theres a good chance capcom is coming to zap ya.

watch for grenades also, they can start frustrating you and you wont be playing as well if cable places em good enough to zone you. cant stress this enough that this is primarily a patience game, either you and your buddy sent will get irritated by running+blocking+assisting cables, or cable will get mad you keep counter assisting him then unflying and only taking chip from commando. if you get cab to the corner and he tries to sj over you, fly back and call commando to ground him and will most likely still be a counter assist b/c cable will call THEN attempt the sj. if you get lucky and land a hit in the corner, get that to an unblockable and ggpo for cable.

eh ask if you cant figure out unblockable, im just assumin you know

all right, i got the unfly combos it down like in 4 hours, thanx guys:tup:.

question

i see people like yipes and sanford do stomps where it’s like…

fly, lk, xxunfly, xx fly.

is there a method to cancelling with two fly’s that quickly?

making use of that negative thing?

hey

Man, i haven’t posted anything on the sentinel threads for a while.:lol:

Anyways, sentinel vs. scrub, is really the hardest fight for sentinel. Specially if the scrub player is actually good!(very,very rare!!!). To tell you the truth, it is easier to just switch characters and fight cable with the other character. ONLY fight sentinel vs. cable if you MUST, but if you do have to fight cable do the following:

1.- never and i mean never attack cable when sentinel is in the line of sight of cable because that is an easy way to get your self killed. (it may sound stupid or a no brainer but even top player like sanford, smoothvyper, chunksta…etc. do this mistake).

2.- Never get over confident with sentinel against cable even if cable’s AAA assisst is dead. You would not believe how many player have lost in tourneys do to the fact that they relaxed and strated to be aggressive against a cable with no AAA. One small mistake and boom the sentinel and assisst are dead, ex. the famous fight fight between justin wong and executioner. Justin only had cable and Xecutioner had santrax full life bars, xecutioner got cocky then justing killed all of his characters.

3.- Never NORMAL JUMP, against cable or any other character as matter of fact. Sentinel is huge and it take him a while to touch the ground after a normal jump giving enough opportunities to mags, storm or cables to guard brake you and kill sentinel.

4.- if you have to fight cable with sentinel make sure that it is at the start of the match. I f you decide to use sentinel at the middle or at the end of the match your possabilities of winning are very slim.
At the start of the match be very aggressive against cable you might no you will eat a couple of HYVB but if you are good with your stomp pattterns and the fly/ground game cable should either be dead or almost dead.
as for the stomp patterns, well there are so many of them. You don’t even have to go looking for one just make your own. One of my favs. is F.HK, FLY UNFLY FLY, HK, UNFLY FLY, LK (just keep repeating the pattern, and you don’t need unfly to do it). Once you get that VERY BASIC stomp pattern down you won even need an assisst to keep them grounded.

5.- Rush as best as you can to get on top of cable, do not be afraid of capcom AAA. I will hit you a couple of times, but you’ll have unfly:lovin: as the end result. And you know wha that means, a STOMP-away-FRENZY. With unfly no matter what type of stomp pattern you come up with, it will hurt cable and the assisst ALOT.

6.- While on top of cable learn to limit the time you call capcom out. Remember sentinel stomps with a good assisst that fill in the gaps of the stomp patterns can only at the most form a LOCKDOWN NOT A TRAP. That means that cable can get out and not only punish sentinel but capcom as well.

7.- Someone take over…:wgrin:

:confused:

Maybe negative edge works. I just unfly, then refly quickly, doing qcb x2, timing the button presses when I’m at db, making me release the button on back. It works every time, and makes hk a great stomp.

Just go in and out of flight mode twice. So I.e lk,flight,lk, flight xxx flight lk. But thats if u dont have unfly. Its also possible to do (in corner) launch lk flight, lk fp, refly (go out of flight then in real quick)lk,fp+commando rp.

Personally i think Refly combos are the hardest cuz i can get fastfly combos like 99% of the time.

Yeah, reflies are tough. Good strategies posted, though.

[media=youtube]SuIG-le-BQo&feature=channel[/media]

Thanks a LOT for that information about Cable Joe Doe. I was wondering why for some odd reason, my Sentiel against Cable often ended-up w/ me being obliterated. >_>!