Sentinel Drones or Akuma Tatsu?

Which one is better for Wolverine? And if so explain why?

Tatsu
Reason Being its still good, You just need tighter timing doing a combo of it and To spread your hits out evenly through out your Combo so you dont Drop MMH XX Drill Claw Super,

I havent Tested Drones much anymore ( I used WOlve/Sent in Vanilla ) but SInce his drones are faster that makes them worse because they are stuck in block stun which means no mix ups besides High low, and drones dont combo from the back anymore I believe, Idk yet Ill test drones but Im sure they got WAY worse.

wolvie + drones is still beast, and drones still combo if you get hit from the back, usually i just use drones to get a free combo with wolverine after a berserker slash crosses up, or i’ll do a mix up that will hit the opponent into the drones rather then going for a mix up while said opponent is getting hit by drones now, and then follow up with another free combo.

i’m sure there is more to wolvie/drones that is going to get discovered. plus i like sent more then i like akuma.

there are a lot of new godlike assists for wolverine remember.

Sentinel is overrated. With Doom running around everywhere or Wesker + Doom plasma beam, it’s going to be very hard using Drones.

Of course in certain matchup the Drones are very useful

Agreed, and not only. There are quite a few assists that serve wolverine just as good and better. Plasma beams via magnus,doom, franks’ shopping cart, stryder and his vajra, taskmaster and his horrizontal arrows all come to mind immediately as optimal service assists.

What does everyone think of spencers angle grapple for wolverine? I’m hoping to find some nice incoming mixups with it and also using it as a combo ender when akuma assist is down.

I still like tatsu over other assists. It beats out a lot of opposing assists giving the occasional 2for1, works as a get off me move which you can combo into and has minimal damage scaling. There’s a reason why wolverine and akuma are BFF’s ya know.

I rock drones, simple reason being that it’s basically a giant moving hitbox you can use in conjunction with wolverines mobility to put people in really ambiguous situations

My philosophy when using drones is not to hit them with wolverine, it’s to basically put people into drones and be as ambiguous as possible. That way, if they get hit by drones, wolverine has tons of ways to convert off even one drone hit

Let’s say they reset a few character heights off the ground, and you have drones coming out. When they pop into the air and drones are coming, you can drill claw horizontally below them. while you dont hit them, the timing of the drones is as such that the direction you need to block the drones is super ambiguous, and if they get tagged by one or more drones, you can combo them

Also, get a combo into spike, call drones and then slide. if they roll out, they’re going to be in drones and you can vary the strength of berserker slash to cross/not cross them up. You can time it so you don’t even know what side you’re gonna be on. You can also instant overhead them, hell, to can just regular jump over and go for a crossup j.s if you want. If they don’t roll, they will stand just before drones get there and you can mix up

Welcome mixups are the best. Kill a character, then call drones and wavedash to the other side of the screen so the opponent will pop out near sentinel with you facing them. You can then h berserker slash and depending on how much you wavedashed, you will put characters without a way to avoid the drones into hella ambiguous situations. Or, if you hit them with berserker slash, it will pop them into a drone or two and you can combo

Shit like that is why I’ve always favored drones. I feel like the only limitation to mixups with this pair is your imagination. Obviously the downside is sent is a little bit harder of an anchor to win with than akuma, but I’ll take it

Maybe this could help?

[media=youtube]iX1Kt4Xr5KY[/media]

Can’t argue with wolverine-master though (as he taught me most of what i know about wolverine), Sent does seem like the better choice.
i personally use akuma, mainly cause i started with him and wolv since vanilla and i absolutely hate blocking as Sent. Here’s what i think about akuma as an assits with wolverine.
Pros: tighter/faster lock down, assist priority Cons: moderately bad dmg/stun scaling
i think its really down to how you like to play, test both of them out and see what works for you.

I gotta ask, why hyper grab and not disruptor? It just seems like a better assist for logan. On the flip side, why wolvie/sent/magneto and not wolvie/magnus/sent? I mean if your running hyper grab you might aswell stick sent all the way in the back since he isn’t getting much off that magneto assist.

In regards to the question, I honestly think its a toss up, if you wanna play a slower paced wolverine then sent is the choice, but if your going balls to the walls with your rushdown it seems akuma would be the better choice. Of course I know jack shit bout logan so my opinion really shouldn’t carry much weight at all.

taken from the bradygames guide: “Wolverine reaches his full potential only when backed up with the right crossover assists. He needs the help of an assist to do the following critical things: 1) Combo after Berserker Slash without having to use Berserker Charge 2) Convert air throws and ground throws into full combos 3) Nullify projectiles to allow Wolverine to get near zoning opponents 4) Place the opponent in large amounts of guardstun from afar, setting up a mix-up. Out of all the assists in the game, only Akuma–B fills all four of these roles extremely well.”

even though the guide is out of date, i believe that assessment mostly holds true today.

the guide also says that wolvie can’t combo from throws at all using sentinel drones, which isn’t true. the only time he cant combo from a throw using drones, is when wolvie super jumps(without being hit) to scoop someone up. every other throw situation, either grounded or in the air, he can get a full combo using drones; and this is all without having to call drones before landing the throw. * is wolverine the only character that can call assists before the throw is done? an air throw(fully mashed) gets him 10 hits, at which he’s able to call an assist around hit 7. just curious if this unique to only wolvie.

anyway, drones only fulfills three of the four things wolvie needs from an assist, as it doesn’t nullify projectiles(which is a big one). however, i believe drones does one thing better than tatsu: place the opponent in large amounts of guardstun from afar. but, this is considering wolvie can get drones out safely, which he struggles with. ultimately, i believe tatsu is much better than drones for wolverine’s neutral game.

edit: @ jak d ripr: disruptor doesn’t allow wolvie to combo off of b.slash without b.charge.

Ok guys, so here’s my piece:

1. I play wolvie/sent/magnest because I like the team. Not because I think it could win tournies or scrape every other team out there. Every game I play, I always have an underdog/weird looking team because I like the challenge of having to work for my win. I main Spiderman in MvC2 just because.
  2. This is my original team from vanilla. I never used wolvie/akuma, never will.
  3. My only reason for not using disrupter is because everyone else uses it. It helps my team gets its share of wins and I’m satisfied with that.
  4. IMO, magneto is a better anchor than sentinel. I have easy access to an infinite with level3 x-factor off any hit. If the person isn’t aware of how to fight my team, I get an easy mixup with sent/magneto on an incoming character.
  5. When I built my team, I had so much faith in myself that I don’t expect you to get pass wolverine. I still feel that way. If you don’t roll forward after a midscreen knockdown, you’re dead. If I get you into the corner, you’re dead. All that and I just started using Berserker Charge last month.
  6. Any team I have, they’re TOD. I don’t like resets. I touch you, I keel you fool.
  7. Most importantly, I have never lost my fun drive for fighting games. I just wanna do combos and bullshit. You guys play to go Pro or get recognized, which is fine, but it’s not me. My style is very unorthadox, I know, but it works. I don’t have the same drive as most of you. Wolverine is my favorite character, but I’m nowhere near mastering him. There are other Wolverine’s that can beat mine. I’m also trying to stop this game from turning into MvC2. There are more assist than akuma and beams that work well with wolvie.

Shuma is the best

do you really think that shuma’s assist is better for wolvie than tatsu overall? or is it match-up dependent?

Drones: more mixup, more damage without meter, can lead to some devastating corner combos/setups/resets, keeps the opponent blocking, horrible for fatal claw setups, berserker slash loop friendly, nice anchor, get hit and stops.

Tatsu: full combo extension into fatal claw, can lead to some devastating corner combos/setups/resets, good against projectile characters, more rushdown, decreases damage, entire screen accessible, jump loop friendly, nice anchor, absorbs hit and keeps going.

P.S…Why am I the only one doing wolvie’s berserker slash corner loop? This shit does insane damage and kills most of the cast. Shame on you guys for being the minority.

I think they are on par. Akuma extends his ground dominance to amazing levels but shuma allows him to fight all the bad matchups he ever had.

I could not see wolverine vs people like zero, firebrand, trish going well without shuma.

All this love for Akuma and Sent. What about Frank? I kind of like the shopping cart assist and with the correct TAC you can either get into a infinite (not really my style) or get frank up to at least level 3.
I know he is very gimmicky but you know this is Marvel sometimes that can be fun!

Sent and wolverine work extremely well together. Sent gives wolverine time for overheads and mixups. You have to have another assist to do the otg slide tornado claw but I think I like drones better. But only if you find an assist to do the extended wolvie combo.

I’ve been using wolvie/firebrand/sent and firebrand picks up after slide with his demon missle assist. It’s a really solid team for mixups.