Sentinel Drones or Akuma Tatsu?

My 2c:

I only play drones behind a character who can effectively protect Sentinel’s big, shiny dome. This could mean Magneto raining down magnetic blasts or frying opposing projectiles/assists with a disruptor. Even better would be a character who could teleport behind to keep the heat off of Sentinel. Wolverine is pretty good at keeping the pressure on to stifle any offense that could touch Sent, he can also pseudo-teleport behind with b.slash and have drones make it safe / convert to a combo. Pros for drones: easy left/right and hi/lo (from insta air L) mixups, plus they make those mixups safe. Cons? Wolverine can’t defend sent all that well and you risk losing two characters if your opp anticipates an assist call + b.slash.

Drones is great, but tatsu is in fact the ultimate assist for wolvie. In ultimate, the projectile-eating properties of tatsu are even more appreciated due to the loss of invincibility on b.slash. The biggest pros tatsu has over drones include the ability to convert the OTG slide after a throw or air series. This opens up the option to do fatal claw loops and makes wolvie’s OS df divekick scarier. It should be noted that wolvie has no prob converting off an air throw with drones. Akuma is a lot less fragile while assisting than Sent too-- source: at beginning of match, 1. jump up, OS divekick 2. call akuma 3. ??? 4. PROFIT!

Tatsu is a swiss army knife. Drones are great but you’ll need another assist for combo extensions.

EDIT: Also, Sentinel makes a shaky anchor and Akuma can play any position.

What verserker slash corner loop?

you can do fatal claw loops with sent too, you just need to hit dudes into drones. its a little trickier, but thats fine

i use wolv/storm/sent or mag/wolv/sent. in both cases i have a projectile assist that i use at neutral. i dont use drones unless the opponent is recovering, incoming, under pressure or i know they can’t punish drones. it does suck to not have a get off me move, but honestly not having fatal claw loops is no big deal because wolverine/storm thc is ridiculous