Sega Stick Appreciation Thread!

Yes.

Had a question about Asciiā€™s fate but Wiki seems to have spelled it out ā€“

Victim of mergers and reconsolidations. Gotcha.

Had two of their Saturn Ascii sticks. The buttons on those were actually half-decent for not being arcade. The only thing I have left from one of them is a connector I RJ-45ā€™d for the MC Cthulu.

Agetec survives as a publisher. Armored Core is one of the series theyā€™ve published in the past for the PlayStations.

Surprised I didnā€™t remember that since I have a few of the PS2 Armored Core games.

Hereā€™s my Agetec Dreamcast stick before & after with a Sanwa refresh:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/seanrsoni/agetec.jpg

very nicely done sir.

The agetec case is much sturdier than the HSS-0136, and has a lot more space between the stick and buttons if youā€™re into that. The vmu slot is just so sexy.

So Agetecā€™s case is more sturdy?

Gives me another reason besides the fact that the HSS-0136 is another Astrocade-style base to not buy it then!

Long ago, I thought about getting one of those candy-buttoned Virtua sticks but I just never got around to it.

Iā€™m glad I never didā€¦ The parts in the Hori RAP and Mad Catz TEā€™s are so much better. Way, way more comfortable than anything else I played with before.

And I totally agree with many people about the button placement and spacing on the Agetec. Itā€™s more comfortable than most of the other sticks. Itā€™s the oldest joystick Iā€™ll probably buy and mod from here on out. Agetec Stick #2 is in my future plansā€¦

I think a couple of people have done Agetec case repros but without the VMU slot. When you keep that slot, invest in an Art Hong plexi art plate, and wire an LED circuit to the existing Start button it adds some class to the modded case.

It is a small case and does start to get crowded after you add 3 buttons. There isnā€™t a great place to put the RJ-45 jack in that case besides the left/front of the joystick if you decide to illuminate the VMU window like I didā€¦

P.S. ā€“ When I get around to it ā€“ in a day or so --, Iā€™ll post pics of my Sega Saturn/Dreamcast joysticks. Itā€™s not a big collection but I pretty much have all the major joysticks except the Virtua sticks and the Dreamcast version of the Virtua On-Line Twin Stick. I had the Saturn VO-L Stick and it was much cheaper to buy an adaptor for it.

Thatā€™s really cool. Iā€™ll have to try and find one of those in Osaka. Too bad the CP art isnā€™t color, but that can be easily remedied.

Macross Agetecs NAO!!!

thereā€™s something sweet about the simplicity of an Agetec. XD

Higher grade ?

What more can I say Hakdizzle is the King!! Just got it Today :woot: VSHG Dyed in White and Dual Modded. Couldnā€™t find my digital camera so I just took the pics that Hakdizzle put up.

1 Like

That really is such an elegant mod. Very attractive. I would have liked to mimic the actual ā€œVIRTUA STICK High Gradeā€ font, thoughā€¦

The only sega stick I have :sad:

When will I ever get my hands on a VSHG. If I do itā€™s probably the last stick Iā€™ll own.

VSHG is still my favorite retail stick <3

I see that GeorgeC has yet to post pics of his modded Agetec with Macross art.
Disappointed.
Laugh.

I used to have both an HSS-0130 and the HSS-0136ā€¦sold both off about 5 years ago like a dumbass :tdown:

Luckily I kept my Agetecs. One uses a Seimitsu LS-32-01 with PS-14-GNsā€¦the other Sanwa JLF and OBSF-30s.

Inside shot

Close-up of LS-32-01 mounting

Kept the stock top plateā€¦just widened the holes a bit

Inside

Close-up of JLF mounting

Dammit, now I want an Agetec.

Me too. The possibilities that little VMS window offer are intriguing.

The VMU window can easily lit by an LED. The trick is figuring out how to anchor the battery pack for the LED. The harder part is figuring out WHAT you want to inscribe on the VMU plexi window. Thereā€™s not a heck of a lot that will fit nicely in that little squareā€¦!

The Agetec case fills up quickly once you start to mod it. Itā€™s not as cramped as a FightStick case but itā€™s not as roomy as the Mad Catz TE or HRAP case, either.

Oh, and Iā€™ll try to get pictures up of my Sega sticks today. Only 3 of them. Real life has been complicated latelyā€¦

Iā€™ve had 2 Agetecs, loved them both. I gave both of them away as gifts to the same friendā€¦ he Accidentally threw one out when helping me move, and he currently uses the other one for SSF4.

Great Little Sticks.

Even just the Macross one will suffice (just finished watching the Mac F movie, so as a Macross lifer, Iā€™m pretty hyped on Macross at the moment).