Secret Santa 2020: Giving back during the year of holding down back

:christmas_tree:Great job everybody, just have one person to check on for shipping, but it looks like y’all have been holly and jolly like Birdie over the holiday :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

That picture is so unrealistic!

As if a single box of donuts could satisfy Birdie. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I thought something arrived this morning, but it was just some PCB’s from china hahaha

2 Likes

So got the call that a package came in for me and figured it might be some customer stuff. Nope SS from SRK came thru. Man…you brought a tear to my eyes on the hook up.

Excuse the desk space mess. Once again SRK SS comes thru to brighten up a crappy work week. Did i mention that the art makes me want a Metal Armed option for Bryan Fury in Tekken title like NOW? Dude the gundam models will be built with my son for sure and the snacks are awesome. Son is already laying claim so my need to teach him some Mach Punch cancels to earn that right. Thanks Again and all of you be well in 2021.

4 Likes

Woohoo!

Glad everything arrived safely. Hopefully the Polish treats aren’t too chocolate heavy for you. Sadly the importer didn’t have the fruit filled hard candies I was looking for to include.

Can you customize Bryan Fury to have his robot arm in game? It looks like a cool deal on his coat alternative costume, and I wasn’t aware he was a cyborg until I started doing research for Secret Santa.

I’ll open the package from my Secret Santa tomorrow after work and post images. Looking forward to it since lockdowns and pandemic has resulted in limited socialization and no gift exchanges locally.

3 Likes

Man it’s all awesome and really appreciated. I’ll need to jump on some T7 to see what customizing options he does have either way it’s greatly appreciated. Need to get a frame for the art and once again happy holidays!

3 Likes

Sorry for the delays. Work still kicking my ass. Have a brief respite today, so I headed down to the Covid-19 Clean Room to unpack parcels and tidy up. Finally got around to opening awesome gifts from @GreyFoxx!

Thank you!

Interested to see how this fine tooth sketch book treats me. 50lb paper with mild toothiness to it. Feels less aggressive than the tooth on heavier Bristol boards.

That Chun-Li Hot Wheels car has been calling my name as a companion to the previous Chun food truck they released.

The SF Encyclopedia is a nice update to the previous edition I had, where I discovered Guile is canonically a manlet. This probably explains why he rocks such an aggressive flat top. :stuck_out_tongue: Now I can engage in more of the sort of insanity that scratches an itch to know character height and weight when I take a crack at drawing them. Some times it’s fun to try drawing them as listed, instead of the typical iconic builds we’re accustomed to.

Sincerely, thank you so much. These were the only gifts I received this year, and each one means a lot to me.

Thanks to @feargus001100 for allowing me to participate and coordinating the whole thing.

Let’s look forward to 2021 being less stressful.

4 Likes

Glad you liked them! I wanted each gift to have a cool story to them but I’m super jazzed they are having a higher purpose. Glad to hear that the pad will be a great boon to your art. Keep it up.

4 Likes

Just ordered some parts to Mod that Stick, stay tuned

3 Likes

Can those sticks be modded easily? I’ve been eyeballing the Chun version for no good reason. . .

Maybe that would be a bad idea, because the last time I bought a fight stick because I loved the art (Soul Calibur 5 PS3) I ended up not using it because I respect Takuji Kawano’s work too much. :sob:

Well it can take the switches and plungers of a 24mm Sanwa but not the rims
The joystick needs dremling

1 Like

Takes me back to modding the SF15th anniversary stick, little bit of dremeling is good for the soul.
How was the feel pre-mod? Been curious about those little buggers

1 Like

Not terrible for the size and price.
The buttons are mechanical but the feeling makes them feel cheap
and its the same cheap compact joystick hori always used for budget sticks.

1 Like

Got the LAST shipping of gifts confirmation today. Yay!

C’MON 2021, LET’S GO! BETTER DAYS AHEAD, PLEASE!!!

3 Likes

IT’S ALREADY WORKING.

My prototype PCBs came in today!
And better yet, THEY FIT PERFECTLY!

IT’S HERE! it’s here it’s here it’s here it’s here it’s here… IT’S HERE!!!

And it’s soooooo purty!

Secret Santo, you have bought me joy (and my biggest Noel!) today!
Just wanna put it out there, there were no hard feelings even before opening it and reading your letter

I know 2020 was a garbage year, so just remember to hold RB for an assist if you need it!

TepidSillyIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb

P.s. yeah shipping to from Aus is the full combo alright haha

3 Likes

As a Tager main, I guess this means we are now mortal enemies. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I’ll out myself. My bad for the delay. December 2020 decided it wanted to be super extra crappy on the way out, so the gift got delayed. Shipping international is also longer (and a bit more) than anticipated. Still, I had to get something nice for the extra wait. Apologies again and hope you like it.

3 Likes

Hey man, ain’t nothing to be sorry for, 2020 was a stinker for all from tip to tail, just hope things are looking up for you now
I absolutely love the Noel man, she’s currently chilling on my lounge till I can find her forever home amongst the tiny Noels and many sticks haha

1 Like