Secret Santa 2019: Undead Santa Reversal Gift Exchange

I didn’t forget and I wasn’t going to, Welcome to Secret Santa 2019: GD outlives wack ass Discords and stays godlike edition. You guys can start signing up now, if you’ve had an account since '18 I’m willing to let it rock this time. Please make sure you follow my instructions because we had a mishap last time, so If I ask you guys to double check, please do so.

Also, giving sign ups a special Title Icon because I am the all powerful X-mas spirit.

Anyways, Lets get these sign ups rocking. Also, do you guys mind the SF5 kids joining in? They need a real SRK christmas in their lives in case they wanna participate. Instructions are follow.

How it works:

You sign up and buy a random SRKer a Christmas gift and a random SRKer will buy you one too. As I mentioned last time, this is a sacred GD tradition so do not screw over anybody on gifts because it is an automatic permaban. We understand it gets tricky with the postal office so don’t think its a hammer drop just because silly things happened in the mail. Trump can’t figure out how to send water to Puerto Rico so I know accidents happen. Gonna bump the limit on accounts for ones that are, at least 1 year old. So if you were hear for the first season of SF5, be ready to be gifted things significantly better than that game. Don’t have to deal with trying to coordinate things from a hospital this year either, so things should be a bit of a whole lot smoother.

Some quick copy/pasting from last year thread for recaps:

Bolded twice because its so nice. Get the danged tracking so everybody can have fun doing this. Secondary reminders from Val:

Buy the tracking option please.

After you sign up, send an e-mail to Pertho14@gmail.com with the title “SS Sign Up Username” with the following information

1. SRK Handle
  2. Full Name
  3. Full Address
  4. Are you willing to ship internationally?
  5. Stuff you like (Feel free to link your amazon/newegg/thinkgeek/etc wishlists)

and one last message from Days of Valaris Past:

Stuart_Hayden
GreyFoxx
Reticently
Optimus124
KingTubb
RagingStormX

2 Likes

Placeholder…

5 Likes

Sign me the fuck up. I’ve always loved this event and I always go all out.

3 Likes

So, how does this work again? Do we have to give a gift that’s on a “wishlist” or can I give a gift (any gift)?

You should take a peek at their wish list to get a idea what they like to have.

Like if you see according to their wish list someone really into Lets say for example DBZ, you see a chance to get a really nice Bandai S.H. Figuarts Figure, or a Rare collectible that is right up their alley but they didnt mention it as pricey but you find that new Brolly figure for half of the MSRP that is when you snatch that thing up. Maybe include some of the smaller cheaper things on their list too.

I think one generous soul on Tech Talk SS gifted me a Turbo EverDrive (Flashcart for the Turbografx 16/PC Engine), it was not on any list I had as the Everdrive is a expensive item but it fit on my list’s themes.

2 Likes

Ohh best believe i’m in this for sure. Ready to rock a fellow SRK member soul with the season of giving!

2 Likes

Can’t believe it’s already that time of year again.

Yeah, I’m in.

3 Likes

I’m unknown at this point.

@Pertho - what’s the deadline to sign up?

Second week of november.

Accidentally quoted myself because I didn’t remember off the top of my head. :joy:

1 Like

cool, I’ll have to talk with the missus about it. Comes down to it, I start hitting my contract jobs up pretty hard for work.

Mike, you are doing both SS groups?

I figured I’d be prepared in case there’s a similar situation like last year’s, where the Tech Talk SS was folded into the GD one.

I am waiting on several things to clear, and you know who’s okay.

1 Like

Yeah that was right after the whole server split/server closing fiasco. And GD SS had a lack of numbers and Pertho was going to call it quits.
But we collaborated and merge the two.

Even before that I talked with Pertho about SS and how he runs his show, asked for some advice and so on.

If we don’t have the numbers i’m game tag teaming with the Tech group again. Maybe i’ll get some awesome tips on modding the 1UP Arcade SF 2 machine i just got :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve signed up for Tech Talk’s Secret Santa project this year, and I can’t do both that one and this one. Tech Talk wins.

2 Likes

Those people who’ve signed up get a fancy icon for their title.

:pray:

2 Likes

It’ll be a bit before I actually send out my info. I haven’t been really keeping my wishlists on amazon and other sites up to date. Just been putting items in my cart and then moving them to save for later. Lol.

I’ll for sure have it sent out by the deadline tho.

Also, dat snowman is hella cute

2 Likes

I have to do my updates but yeah. . . . .

6 Likes

Is this totally shut off to new people? or are you gonna do what tech talk did and give newer people the chance to “apply” more or less?

1 Like