Season 2 Vega wishlist

@Moonchilde

7 frames of startup and extended hitbox but original hurtbox seems actually good to me for st.MP

As for cr.MP, yeah, we don’t get anything out of it, but it’s faster and recovers faster than st.MP. We shouldn’t make comparisons with SFIV, as all the pokes in SFIV were faster and had longer reach, it’s a matter of game design.

Air attacks: again, look at all the other 22 characters. There’s not a single air attack that gets even remotely close to what you propose for j.HP. Nothing, I’ve checked. You can look at any heavy or medium jump in attack you consider good in game and then look at the hitboxes, and you’ll get surprised. Priority seems more correlated to how low the hitbox appears (even if surrounded by a hurtbox), and how fast it does appear.

I think that suggestions in the form of “claw normals are not worth using for the slight extra range they provide considering how slow and combo-unfriendly they are, specially the MP buttons” is much better and concise than telling them how to tweak hitbox data, but of course, you can try.

I fully agree with you, and I think the air attacks having such shit priority across the board is exactly why jab AA is a thing. Why did they give Ryu an amazing c.HP obviously intended to be his AA when there isn’t a single jump in that can contend with that?

Agreed on s.MP. 7 would be good with the new hit box suggestions. I looked over the frame and not many characters have 6 frame ranged attacks but most all of them have 7. I was suggesting 6 on account of priority and CC against Ryu since he’s the template and his sweep is 7.

It’s 8 in the season 2 patch :slight_smile:

This is what I mentioned earlier, essentially Capcom doesnt want claw being too good because you run the chance of having a dominant poke where all you need is one button.

Vega in CvS2 c.mp was super long range at 4 frames with huge range, but -9 on block and you could roll thru it. Still was frustratingly good.

There is no way in hell he could have a dominant one button poke. All the start up and recovery on s.MP makes that impossible, there is enough recovery on it that you couldn’t press that button and not get hit or jumped on for free. 0 on block would mean 8 frames of start up to try to use it again, and that’s with frame perfect timing. Since Ryu is the template, that means a free c.HK even with the new reported 8 frames of start up since heavy beats medium and on top of that, sweep hits low. Whiffed is even worse since Vega now has to eat all that recovery. That’s a free jump because Vega’s AA game is abysmal at that range and anything he could attempt to use has enough start up in addition to s.MP’s recovery and poor priority that it would get eaten alive.

CvS2 c.MP was awesome, but it wasn’t -9 on block otherwise plenty of characters get a free punish, such as Eagle or Iori since they have long enough pokes to actually hit him. Not a lot is actually negative on block in that game, a few specials and a select few normal attacks. I could hit the lab and test it if you want, but I’m like 99% sure it isn’t that negative. Buttons are amazing in that game, everyone has ridiculously good priority and safety on block, and that game still manages to be fairly balanced since you have grooves to balance out the imbalances. c.MP was good but you got nothing off it and it couldn’t be canceled. That was its balance point. Pushback, range, and a little damage to whittle here and there. Plus he had no reversal in that game unless you roll cancel, which was never intended to be in the game in the first place.

^ Ok, I stand corrected if the wiki is right. It appears many ranged attacks are negative, so c.MP should be able to be punished with the right timing. I’ve never seen it happen during a match against people I play or ones I’ve watched. When I get some time, I’m definitely going to hit the lab since that would be good to know.

Would have loved to see an action besided CA after V-trigger. EX FBA comes to mind real quick. Claw really has limited defensive options and reversals, so it only makes sense for his offensive ability to be strong. However, after loading it up and jumping to training mode, no go for anything besides CA from what Ive tried so far.

His cr LP into MP combo is no longer there. Very annoying and will have to try stopping that.

CR FP seems faster. Might be a more viable meaty and anti air.

Will have to play around more when I get time. Releasing S2 the week of a holiday is a PITA to family peeps. LOL.

Well I just thought I’d let you guys know: Vega is my main. I started this series because I know how little tech us Vega players seem to get, and for the first time I was in a position to help out, so I did. Initially it wasn’t going to be a “series”, I just wanted to help out the Vega players. I got a lot of requests for other characters, one thing led to another and before I knew it, it was a series.

That said, I just finished editing Vega’s Season 2 Hitbox Slo-Mo video. It’s currently in the process of rendering, and I’ll get it uploading to Youtube before I go to bed. It should be live sometime tomorrow. I’ll make a post here in the Vega forums with a link for all those interested. Have a good night!

I’ve no right to ask but unless it’s a side-by-side comparison of Season 1 and Season 2 - it’s not gonna be as useful.
It’s a lot of work though.

Nah, it will still be very useful. I can make the side by side.

So, I dont think Im crazy, but his CR HP wasnt crush counter in season 1 was it? Cause I was getting CC this morning with it.

No offense, but the first thing should be reading the patch notes, no? It’s explicitly said there.

At least he didn’t make a new thread about it lol

Much offense taken. :slight_smile:

Ive barely had time to even update and play for an hour. Ive looked up jack and shit about S2 so far.