Sagat's Challenge Mode

Who has completed them all?

Lets get a list of unlockable titles and Trial Hard tips going.

Titles
TN1:
TN2:
TN3:
TN4:
TN5:
TH1: Anti-Shoryuken
TH2: Tiger
TH3: One-Eyed Warrior
TH4: Scarred Chest
TH5: Invincible Tiger

Tips

All challenges completed:
[media=youtube]3AJHtk46ivY"[/media]

TH2
First get c.lk xx hp upper down pat. The cancel is quick.
For the 3 x c.lk, double tapping helps tons here. Just get the rhythm down.

You can actually link the cr.lk into fp dp if you find that the motion is getting in the way. That’s how i do it now.- noodleman

TH3
One thing I noticed about his TH3 is that you need to fadc out of the upper super fast to avoid dashing under Dan’s body. I kept dashing under the body until I noticed I was fadcing just a tad bit slow. Little bit of quickness got it down 100%.

it’s abit easier if your j.rh hits at the tip instead of a close hit to avoid dashing under dan. You can also add in a cr.lp after the cr.mp if that makes it easier for you to space yourself. Also make sure you’re mid screen and not in the corner…makes your life MUCh easier.-noodleman

TH4
For TH4 you want to be slightly distanced when you do the c.mk into tiger shot, as soon as you do the tiger shot cancel into your FA if you’re distanced enough it will give you the extra amount of time to get off a crumple FA then you dash c.mp and tiger knee. This one was a pain in the ass but TH5 is easier imo. -Trophy Club

Yeah, after attempting TH4 like a millions times, figured out best distance measurement is push dan to the left corner and have sagats right heel just barely touching the red line, that distance is pretty good percentage on getting FA to crumple -Warren

Your timing is most likely just a little too early. While I was stuck on this one, I made sure I practiced JUST the Low TigerShot ~ ex FADC timing so I could figure out how long I had to hold focus for to get the “crumple.” The window feels VERY small (it feels like it’s about 2-3 frames.) Just get the focus attack timing down and the rest of the combo is fairly straight forward. - Capn Spanky

yeah that shit was pissing me off yesterday the FA has to crumple them, then you dash up c.mp

Titles in order are
Anti-Shoryuken
Tiger
One-Eyed Warrior
Scarred Chest
Invincible Tiger

For TH4 you want to be slightly distanced when you do the c.mk into tiger shot, as soon as you do the tiger shot cancel into your FA if you’re distanced enough it will give you the extra amount of time to get off a crumple FA then you dash c.mp and tiger knee. This one was a pain in the ass but TH5 is easier imo.

god dammit i cant do th2 lol. i kno u have to get close but what the timing with the 3x C.lk

Yeah, after attempting TH4 like a millions times, figured out best distance measurement is push dan to the left corner and have sagats right heel just barely touching the red line, that distance is pretty good percentage on getting FA to crumple

I find the key to doing links is to drum the button.

Just take your middle and index and in one smooth motion, hit with middle, slide it off, and hit with index.
You are essentially double tapping the button.

It works wonders. Try it and behold the magic. :smiley:

EDIT: Never mind, aptly’s got it covered, but I’ll leave the post up for posterity.

Just finished all Sagat’s trials! =D One of life’s little joys is seeing that “Success!” flash on the screen after an hour or two of mashing the same damn buttons over and over again. =P

The Invincible Tiger title looks so much cooler than just plain old Tiger, haha.

what move is the fake kick in TN1?

Double tap HK really fast.

Did anyone have any trouble with Level 4 on Normal Trial? I’m not able to get that Tiger Genocide in after his knee. Heh, I’ve never frantically pressed buttons in a video game for my 360 until SF4 =/. But, I guess I should work more on my timing more.

Also, do you guys ever use the combos you learn in challenge mode in a real battle?

i’ve attempted to, roSTA. but hardly successful

Yeah, for the most part. Don’t focus on using ENTIRE combos, because chances are, if it takes you 500 tries in challenge mode, it will take you 500 tries in a real match.

As far as I’m concerned though, jumping HK, c. MP., HP Tiger Uppercut, ex FADC, Forward Standing HK, Ultra is really really good.

Everything after the MP is considered to be part of his BnB combo repertoire iirc. It just takes practice. Something which I should be doing right now.

edit: Aptlynamed, I’ve completed all of Sagat’s trials if you’re still interested.

still need help with TH2… i always seem to manage to get the 3lk in but i always cancel into a tiger shot instead of uppercut. Do i change the stick to neutral then do the motion or go into a forward down forward fierce? please help.

I can’t seem to be able to do TH4. I mean I’m a bit distanced or close, I can’t manage to hit or even land a crumple. Is my timing wrong? I actually did connect c.mk,lts~fadc and hit but it wasn’t a crumple…

in challenge 3 moves 1&2 are getting hard for me. how would i preform these on first try

Hold DF during the LKs, release at the end and hit DF again for the FP.

hahaha nice i totally forgot you can tap df twice to pull out a tiger… much thanks

Yup the shortcuts make some of the challenges a little easier.

As for TH5 where should I be aiming to hit at? I can juggle with the ultra after ex.upper fine, but can’t seem to get the full animation.

Edit: Nevermind, just got it. Seems you just have to do it quick enough so that the first hit connects; guess I was just letting him drop too far.

When I did it I tried to go to neutral while the 3rd c.LK was still on its way out. Then I started the motion as fast as I could. It took me a few tries, but eventually I got it. I still don’t think I could hit it consistently in match though.

Your timing is most likely just a little too early. While I was stuck on this one, I made sure I practiced JUST the Low TigerShot ~ ex FADC timing so I could figure out how long I had to hold focus for to get the “crumple.” The window feels VERY small (it feels like it’s about 2-3 frames.) Just get the focus attack timing down and the rest of the combo is fairly straight forward.

Hey guys,

Im having trouble doing the 3 cLKs. is it timing? whats this cancel thing i read about… they are not talkin about the FADC right? cuase that would be so slow, and for 3 LKs, that would waste the whole full bar… please elaborate… thanks

cheers