SA3: A Gentlemen's Discourse!

[media=youtube]WEfuD1Wx-VI"[/media]

A more complete view to follow.

Ouch, stungun’s crouching recovery is pretty harsh. About as harsh as Hugo’s hilariously unfair crouching dizzy animation.

That and I wonder if supercancelling from a flash chop keeps your opponent in block stun more than from a slash elbow, I like to think it does since it’s what I usually use.

I think people pick Stungun because they enjoy headbutting. I don’t blame them, Alex is manly as hell with them but it’s a terrible super.

Keep it up, Sanchez!

It might fuck with their timing some, but it won’t make enough difference to mess up any possible escape.

That, was too funny. Good shit man.
That Geni Jin timing may look easy but you have 6 frames to hit it before Alex takes 85 damage from your life meter. Do not fuck it up.

But for those who wonder “why in the hell does Alex have this super?” Look no further than Street Fighter III: New Generation. Crouching Fierce did not knock down on the second hit and it put the enemy at reset disadvantage. Plus, Stung Gun in New Generation active grab frames were active to the ground. You do the math.

Stung Gun is not a straight up combo super it is a parry retaliation super. It gets you EX very quickly and has a short bar. Granted SAII holds more EX’s, but once your out it is going to be a little wait till you get the next one. With Stun Gun all you need is a powerbomb and a throw, ta da EX! To get the clean opening with Stung Gun you need to be good at parrying. Going into parry training and finding all the moves that if parried to the last hit and moves or attacks that have no cancel give you a free strong or fierce flash chop.

Example: Ken does low forward shippu janrai, you gaurd the low and the first hit of the super then you red parry the second hit (which is retard easy once you get the timing down) and then the rest of the super till the end and return with fierce F-Chop into SA III jab version, dash up fierce F-Chop into powerbomb aka:backdrop.

But the number one reason this super is good in some cases is that wiff jumping normals goes right out the window. Hint: It is for the dude with the blonde hair with a DP.

I thought all supers build meter at the same rate?

They do, but it is the bar length praportion that matters when ex is used. Stung Gun breaks evenly at 50%. SAII will leave a 1/5 of meter but not enough to be EX. With Stung Gun you know exactly when you are going to get meter without guessing.

I say StunGun is useful against Ken, Denji Ryu “No choice”, and Chun, . That is just my personal opinon. Just me. Do what works for you.

IMHO. The only thing stungun is even somewhat acceptable for is punishing shoryukens, but a fierce bomb works better and does more damage.

A stungun combo does over twice as much damage as a powerbomb, and even more damage than that if you do it right in that occassion and MP Flashchop into Stungun rather than Stungunning right away. (much, much faster startup)

Hey Sanchez, are you going to do a Hyper Bomb video too? I know the 3 frame start up is lame, but I still manage to land it on good players once in a while :smiley:

lol I knew someone was going to do this.

It was just a matter of time.

video where alex does hyperbomb but opponent just jumps out of it and lands massive 80% combo on the way down

You guys have to be more specific when talking about the usage of supers.

Dude, tournament wise… are you really gonna pick anything but SA2? It’s the only circumstance that matters anyway.

But that’s just me.

Yeah and you’re a fucking noob.

hahah I’m so funny.

I use SA II in these match ups:

Makoto
Elena
Necro
Ryu (unless playing Denji)
Sean
Ibuki

The problem I see with most Alex players is that SA II becomes a handicap and their whole game revolves around EX too much . The real question is how good are you with Alex when you don’t have EX meter? Personaly I will stomp the shit out of anybody meter or no meter because I know what normals to use, their properties and when exactly to use them and the advantages of the match-up in detail. And if you suck at parrying find a new character because most of Alex’s nasty punishes come off of high level parry situations like low forward into Houkuyokusen. In my playing area I have a nasty reputation for parrying Chun’s SA II on reaction, out of gaurd stun, jump in super ect… It does not matter! If you throw that shit in any shape form or fashion the next thing you will feel is your ears bleeding from a fierce backdrop finisher from Stun Gun. Period!

Step your parry game up Alex players, training mode now!

Basic concept of the game is learning how to parry and read whats about to happen. I never really use Stun Gun, but usually I don’t use ex, or special. If i use special I usually mess up so bad trying to set it up instead of trying to fight smart. For the record I’m an SA1 user.

If i mess with sa2 I will mix it in with stomps and try to get someone with the lp. But thats casuals with people that don’t play the game. Not gonna knock anyone that can succesfully use it.

I play SA I against:

Gouki
Dudley
Remy
Twelve
Yun
Yang

SA I is not a bad pick. On any air attack accept “one” in the game that gets ground parried by Alex Hyper Bomb is free, everytime.:tup:

Timings may vary on when to pull SA I after the parry, but you can not escape once you know the timing. You will not be able to jump out if you get parried.

Pharonic edit: The twins are on the SA I list now because of something that I just remembered.

Wow man! You must be fighting some high level Chuns. Did you say JUMP IN SUPER?

penetrator, your new avatar is way too good.