Ryu Season 3.5 Official Patches "Cammy just got better...yet again!"

Dbfz is a totaly different game. I doubt you will like it if u like stf

For me, the buffs to VT1 Hadoukens are nice, however if the meter burns as fast as it does now, then the buffs although nice is still going to make them fairly irrelevant especially when you compare that to other VT options of the other characters. Not to mention that if VT2 turns out to be that much better than this makes the buffs here all the more irrelevant all together.

I just don’t understand why Capcom didn’t simply buff Ryu’s normal projectiles so that they travel faster and recover better to hopefully improve the zoning capabilities in a SF game where they are next to non-existent besides on one character at this point.

That would’ve been a much, much better improvement to his character then what I’m seeing on the list, and if the c.mk buff did get better, then by how much is what I’ll have to say. At this point, is it that bad for Ryu to finally get a c.mk into hadouken that actually connects and works? Considering the amount of bs other characters can do, and Ryu can’t be given a proper c.mk into Hadouken buffer is completely ridiculous in my mind.

I would’ve preferred great fundamental buffs to Ryu to help in a game where it clearly does not aid in his gameplay whatsoever. I’m really sick of having to play honest with less then below average options against characters who play so dishonestly with either good to excellent options. It’s almost like as though Capcom is afraid of honest characters in their SF games these days.

As I said, I’m not at all really hyped for these changes, as many of them are situational (as in when you either have VT or Meter) but as always we can’t say anything definitively until we actually play the game. Still, I don’t see Ryu going up on the list unless neutral play becomes that strong, and his normals show up to be that much more effective in this game for him to capitalize on that.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/951068468350148608

So parry strike into DP does 258 damage. This confirms what I was guessing a little while back. The parry strike itself does 160 and the DP follow up adds another 108 after being scaled to 90%. And he gets at most 4 attempts at this if for some reason you kept doing it one after another, but most likely it’ll be 3 attempts. Another thing is that the timer last a very long time if you don’t attempt any parries. This will be pretty useful since he gets better DP juggles in both V Triggers(at least I think that’s the case).

What we still don’t know for sure is if this is active on frame 1. If it is(and I think it is) then this can punish things that Ryu’s regular parry can’t punish like jabs or or jump ins. It will definitely make people more weary to press buttons when it’s technically their turn against Ryu. In the end I don’t think this is a great VT, but I do think it’s better than the first.

they basically didnt revert the hard nerfs ryu received but instead gave some of the things ryu SHOULDVE had to sakura instead, Sakura has everything ryu had and more theres basically no reason to pick him. ryu got Ultra streetfighter 4’d again

Hate to say it and season 3 isn’t even out yet but the patch failed Ryu and some ryu mains deep down probably feel the same way. They buff v trigger 1 and yet…if it drains too fast as it does now then why buff it when you can’t even stay in it for long? So stupid. We still don’t know much about v trigger 2 and why couldnt’t capcom just give him better normals and a better fireball game? god its annoying. Hope im wrong but he might still end up at the bottom in season 3 once again, solar plexus nerf isnt a big deal but with all he’s been though in season 2 why give him any nerfs in the first place makes no sense. Axe kick v 2nd hit advantage buff in vtrigger cancel is nice except you actually have to land a hit on it which you won’t have many opportunities to do so.

I dont get it just because sakura and Akuma are in the game ryu has to get treatment like this

I am not sure what all the negativity is about here.
Throw loops are gone. This helps Ryu. His throw now looks like he is closer to his opponent.
Donkey Kick hits crouchers increasing your chances to deal more damage instead of using fireball.
HIs new V-trigger is going to make people hesitant to press buttons against him.
Damage scalling for VT combos will benefit him as it wasnt a benefit for him to start with.

…

You know as I was typing this I realized that he can not connect SPS to axe kick anymore.
ahh well.
Would have been cool to SPS, axe kick xx VT, SPS, C.hp xx dp xx super anywhere on the screen.
I guesss I was dreaming too hard.

That’s exactly why the axe kick was nerfed. Ridiculous combos would have been possible. Imagine Two SPS in one combo the salt would have been brilliant lol

I’m quietly confident. I’ll be putting out a vid tonight with my thoughts.

So looking at that he does two Parry’s to counter juris V-skill. This might not be as good as we thought then since if it doesn’t crumple automatically, it still won’t counter some moves like head stomp if bison just flys away.

Look again, the first parry was just his normal V-Skill parry, no meter drainage. The 2nd parry is the VT2 parry which automatically crumples. BTW, some guy got a copy of AE early and has been streaming it. He’s still streaming right now here

The stream may be over by the time you see this post. But anyways, I was watching when he tested Ryu, this is what I know so far

-EX Joudan does 80 damage
-EX Joudan > heavy DP does work
-HP and EX DP only get extra juggle ability with VT1
-LK tatsu > EX DP and EX Tatsu > DP works in VT1
-VT1 timer is still the same or almost the same unfortunately
-After forward throw all his long range normals like cr. MP, cr. MK, st. MK, and st. HP reaches. St. HP does CC so he’s probably at least +5 after a forward throw.

St. MP does whiff after forward throw though but the new throw does open some things up. So walk up into something may work when you condition your opponent to block meaty’s. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see other things like how much damage the other joudan kicks do. But we’ll find out in a few more days.

His fists are glowing though? How do you parry with the v trigger with the same buttons or with HK/HP?

Also what about axe kick after the front throw? I’m thinking front throw axe kick xx trigger

Yep, the VT parry works with HP/HK instead of MK/MP. So you can still do his V Skill parry alongside his VT2 parry. You can also see the difference between the two in his stance. With the VT2 parry he raises his outside arm much higher.

As for Axe kick, the first hit won’t reach. The 2nd hit will connect but you risk your opponent stuffing it if they wake up with a button.

Yeah I just checked the Capcom unity site. Beat me to it.

What I want to know is , what if he pressed HP/HK the first time, would it crumple or would juri pass through him. Like say Cammys dive kick ( the triple hit) will one trigger parry crumple any hit, or you still have to parry the multi hits with the normal parry then finish with the crumple?

The axe kick might be far enough away that it might work regardless of the data. Like the active frames will already be out if the first hit whiffs.

Good info by the way.ill name drop ya in the vid.

From the looks of it, it might crumple on the first hit. When they get parried they teleport right in front of Ryu so he can hit them. At least that’s what happened when they parried the jump in.

Yeah it auto plays by the looks of it. Hopefully any situation just plays the counter.

Looks like it’s pretty much a Marvel style capture state if you get tagged by V Trigger counter. Just get sucked into the animation.

My useless 2cents as not-pro is kinda disappointment at boring Ryu striking again

I’m hyped af about joudan and VT2, but that’s it
Buffed normals sure will make life easier but for an annual patch i will like something more
As start i don’t like buffs have been made on VT1 instead “neutral Ryu” as it make you lose either the new cool VT2 or lose part of the few buffs

Shitty wishlist of stuff i will have liked to see:

[list=1]
[]stHP sp cancellable outside VT1 (and even in MP>HP scenario)
[
]stHP to have better CC effect
[*]MP>stHP to force standing

[*] jMP 2nd hit to have an actual juggle effect outside be jus EX srk/hado and very situational bHK

[]NOT nerf SPS lol
[
]NOT nerf bHK lol
[]take back the stupid dmg nerf on SRKs dmg
[
]take back the stupid stuff that removed SPS>bHK>LK>HPSRK
[/list]

Tbh does’nt seem anything crazy compared to rest of the cast

@Rice_Eater
Can’t see the video, any sign of EX joudan>EXsrk ?

@Cestus

It works, the timing looks harder though compared to heavy DP.

Another cool thing I learned is that you can connect solar plexus after hitting with the furthest tip of Axe kick after VT canceling it. But you’re not close enough to land cr. HP though. Still it’s combo into sweep, tatsu, or DP.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. I mention that in my vid I’ll stick it here.

Also do you know if you can do axe kick (AA) Ex donkey kick ? That would be some fat AA damage if you can then link a DP.

https://youtu.be/9fLRszqra-Q

I got nothing to do and have just been watching streams and I did see that work. Damage is great like you said, according to math that should be 208 damage. The problem is that I don’t think it’s 100% consistent. I saw the guy drop it a few times. I think that happens when Ryu’s opponent is right over the top of his head. EX donkey kick might be slow, but not slow enough I guess. Heavy donkey kick might be the one you have to use at that range.

Another nice piece of news I saw is that LK tatsu > EX DP works mid screen in VT1, but you have to be pretty close. He was able to connect it after cr. HP > LK tatsu. If people are still tech’ing in 2018, a gimmicky dash in LK tatsu > EX DP does 252 damage when you have VT1 activated. For this reason alone I will use VT1 sometimes lol.

I agree with you on your Ryu assessment. I think He will be better over all.
I see him being more agressive with VT1. Those FB changes keep him much less at a disadvange compare to before. Also overall fireball have been reduced. He will seem more in your face while zoning.

If fireball overall length is shorter does that mean there are more denjin set ups now?

Finally, I was thinking you can CC HK, Axe Kick XX VT, SPS, S.HP XX DP.
This should work right?