Rushdown Characters: Who is the best?

BEST rush down of any game is magneto BY FAR, followed by his buddy storm…Put them in any fighting game and they’ll dominate it.

Everyone else is pretty much on the same lvl as far as rush down. If they just made a massive fighting game in 3D and each rush down character keep the same tricks of there trade from previous game storm and mag’s would own it.

This thread should have stopped at the first response.

cvs2 - A-bison with a FUCKING FRESH CAN OF PAINT !!:nunchuck:

sonny that really isnt rushdown… lol thats more like “you attack me and you get painted”

This thread is mostly just people who’ve only played MvC2/CvS2/3S and/or GG.

MvC Wolverine was serious. Marvel vs SF Wolverine was straight-up BROKEN. Not any of this “oOOOH, MAGNETO might RESET YOU!! Tri-jump!” Wolverine will fucking kill you with one combo, and gets meter for free in MSF.

edit: he will also attack your children.

Agreed. Most of these people don’t understand that magneto’s rushdown isn’t all that good in XSF. It’s the whole helper system that makes him that much better. Personally, I think MvC2 should be left out of this poll.

Aran

Red Venom
Pichu

Chuck Norris. He can roundhouse your ass and its over. He could kick magneto’s ass no problem.

dahlsim from xmvsf.

^ Did’nt Mr. Wizard outlaw the Chuck Norris crap?

I don’t think you’ve seen a decent magnus on xvsf.

Toki from Fist of the North Star. His command dash is almost Duo Lon status. he can rush that shit with the best of em.

Magneto and Duo Lon I have to agree on that one!!!

I have to agree with Jake on the Magnus XVSF thing…you probably havent seen a decent XVSF Mag…

yeziiiir.

Eh? Broken? Not really. Wolvy was really good at RD in MSH yeah, however, the way the game was made didn’t make him dominate. Omega wasn’t too far behind (not so much because of RD but cause he was an excellent character) as well as Blackheart - and the whole point of Blackheart is to keep the opponent away. An awesome BH player didn’t even let Wolvy RD. The reason he was so good at RD is cause basically he could connect almost anything off of anything, had pretty much no recovery time, comboed into all of his supers with ease in multiple situations … well the list goes on.

Are we talking about just plain RD theory or taking into account the separate games with regards to balance? Wolvy wasn’t all that bad in MSH IMO - a good character with excellent RD, but still got easily beaten by other characters.

And Geadom mentioned Guy in Alpha 3 … to that … fuck, I totally agree. I fucking HATE Guy in Alpha 3 that link/sliding bitch.

BAN!

As gilley pointed out, assists being the way they are in MvC2 changes a lot. Half of the reason Magneto is so good is because of his defense; he can rush you down but it’s more work to rush him down, and for smaller reward. If you kept Magneto the way he was but put him in the MvC1 system you would see him getting slapped around by Strider and losing to Red Venom at least 6/4 (thanks for bringing him up, btw…forgot about that), and probably GWM/WM. IMO.

Wolverine being “easily beaten” by other characters, with a possible nod to Iron Body Zangief, is an overstatement. It’s like saying Magneto is “easily beaten” by Sentinel…yeah, sometimes. Or, sometimes not.

“Broken” is a relative term, I guess. I consider the speed-up infinite to be pretty bad, even though Omega Red, BH, and IBZ can fight him, Wolvie is still pretty ugly. but Vega can fight Akuma in ST and Guile can fight Bison in AE…that doesn’t mean they’re not to good. He’s not INSANE broken, but if the game were popular, it would boil down to Wolverine teams and anti-Wolverine teams, with a few odd characters sprinkled in. Blackheart’s problem is that even though he has full access to his crazy-good normal attacks (unlike in MvC2), he has issues with dealing proportionate damage, AFAIK. Wolverine can afford more mistakes than BH, so while BH can keep him out, Wolverine still has theadvantage. Also, he can’t cancel his jumping/sj attacks with and air-dash like in MvC2, which hurts him. Not an awful match, though. Keep in mind I haven’t played arcade MSH vs SF in a million years.

:rofl: I use him. That’s how i know…

A few More:

Yun (SA3 w/meter) 3s.
K Kyo, KCammy (CvS2)
Balrog (Boxer) ST (At least the way i use him)

I was just playing Alpha 3 yesterday on MAME. Was getting ass raped really bad like 14-1 against a Guy player. I don’t want to make excuses, but the lag was pretty bad, the game was running like ass, and I was sweating buckets all over my shitty keyboard. Time to invest in a PS2 USB converter or something.

To TS; I wouldn’t call Wolvy broken in the least. I know what “infinite” you’re referring to with the super that makes him super fast; however it’s not really infinite cause once the super is done, he can’t do that shit anymore. And the only way to catch an opponent is if they play a pure ground game. You won’t see it happening a lot to savvy opponents who can see it coming a mile away. Wolvy is just an all around awesome character - but so’s Omega. Spiderman is actually another awesome RD in MSH. We had a little gathering at my University that only played MSH - in fact the MvC machine was right next to it, but no one played cause we all agreed McV was fucking broken as shit and MSH was the most balanced and methodic versus games. It pains me when retards on kaillera go “ZOMG THIS GAYM IS 2 SLUW TUBRO 2 TURBI 2!!111!!!1!11!” because for some reason fast = better.