Running Mates: Teams/Assists

IMO, Taskmaster or Doom for your Third. Hidden Missiles and Aim Master H are just too damned good.

I’ve been running Spencer/Haggar/Ryu.

Lariat sets up a ton of combos for Spencer perfectly, while Ryu Tatsu assist will set up Haggar combos.

Lariat sets up a lot of combo for EVERYONE!
Think only to Skrull and Spidey, two characters with great combo. After a Lariat they could do everything they want! Also Haggar benefit from them.
Skrull Stone Smite hits OTG and relaunch, so you can greatly extend the combo.
Spidey Web Ball in combo is usefull to extend ground combo or to set up an headbutt ad get the dizzy state, so you can get a free Final Haggar Buster!

What about Haggar, Sent, and Taskmaster? Ultimate projectile coverage, and the big guy needs it.

Starting with Haggar on point is a bad idea. He’s much much more useful as an assist character.

It really depends on your play style. With author as assist, I haven’t gotten any problems getting in with c.H or with pipe. Once I get in, they really can’t do much unless I drop a combo, and the BnB combo I’ve got down deals about 600k damage, with no meter/X-Factor.

This. The fact that he doesn’t need meter to do damage allows you so save it for teammates who do.

It also depends on the matchups. Haggar’s lariat is useless against keepaway, and most people run away from my Haggar. Also if you manage to lose your other characters before Haggar, there’s not much he can do against long range keepaway characters/assist.

Seems like Dooms Plasma Beam works well for Haggar. Comes out quick, will be BEHIND Haggar, and will force keepaway to stop and block, allowing Haggar to get in on them a bit easier.

Haggar, Spiderman and Sentinel works out pretty good for me, Spidey sets them up and Hagger bashes their head in with a pipe.

Taskmaster/Arthur/Haggar

thank me later

Right now I am running Haggar/Doom/Chris but after messing with chris some more tonight I think I will be running Chris on point.

ran haggar/sent/doom on XBL 2night - 15-2… i might try it out some more.

I’ve been running Chris/Deadpool/Haggar. His lariat assist is too good to pass up for Chris and when he’s anchor he’s terrifying with the threat of lvl3 xfc out of blockstun to lvl 3 grab.

Haggar/Spencer/Dormammu (or Ironman) is working well for me. My only beef is I don’t really like Spencer’s assists but I am sooo good on point with him and Haggar it does not come into play much.

trying out Deadpool/Haggar/???
Not sure who to use for the third yet.
But Haggar’s lariat assist is too good it’ll be a crime not to pair him up with Deadpool.

Using Arthur/Super-Skrull/Haggar and it’s working pretty well for me :slight_smile:

I’m running HAGGAR and chris. What do you guys think of She-Hulk as third? I like her but I don’t know if she fits.

I’m using Shulk/Haggar/Sent-drones

Shulk torpedo works really well to set up unblockable pipe, and drones cover both of them well.

Has anyone tried any assists other than lariat?

Might sound weird but Hulk/Haggar/Akuma
Hulk and Haggar work well together. Haggar’s lariat assist is amazing keeps pressure off and allows hulk to do st.h, s to w/e combo.
Akuma’s tatsu assist is good for keeping pressure on.