Rose requests v2013

So now that we have an actual announcement for a version 2013 or 2014. We could now ask for change requests. Remember we have to keep to rose’s character type. Below is all the list of changes rose has got from AE spanning to AE 2012.

AE v2011
-Her Super will no longer work when there is a Soul Spark on the screen. It is still possible to Cancel into Super from a Soul Spark, though.
-Soul Satellite has no startup invincibility.
-Soul Spark meter building has been adjusted.
-Crouching MP has a 4 Frame start-up, and the hitbox sticks out in front of the hurtbox, making it easy to use for pokes, combos, and such.

***AE v2012 ***

**• Ultra 2 - Soul Satellite - Changed startup from 7F to 5F. Fixed issue whereby EX Soul Reflect could be triggered accidentally.

• Near Standing Medium Kick - Extended hit stun by 1F, giving the attacker a possible +4F advantage on a hit.

• Soul Spark - Changed Super Meter build-up from 20 to 30 for light, medium, and hard versions.

• Soul Piede (Toward + HK) - Changed total action frames from 33F to 29F. Increased reach by moving hitbox forward. Shrunk active period hurtbox.

• Crouching Medium Kick - Fixed issue whereby counter-hit damage was taken when attacked in any frame after hit detection started.

• EX Soul Reflect - Made invincible to projectiles from start until 7th frame. Activated projectile return hitbox from 5th frame onward.

• EX Soul Spiral - Changed damage from 100 to 120.**

AE v2013 Rose suggestions

*Version 1

• Cl.MK: move the hitbox downward so it can connect on all characters.
  • Cr. fierce larger horizontal hitbox. (encompasses the whole scarf)
  • Focus Attack: increased range
  • +3 frame advantage on blocked Level 1/2 FA into forward dash (-2/+4)
  • Soul Spark L: reduce recovery with 3 frames (49)
  • EX Soul Spiral: Startup invincible
  • Ultra 1: reduce the start up with 2 frames (10)
    explanation:
  • Ultra 2:
  • 2x qcb + 3x kick instead of 3x punch
  • Add +3 block/hit stun
  • Add +25 stun*

Version 2
*- Cr.MP: Slightly decrease hurtbox. +10 damage (60>70)

• Cl.MK: move the hitbox downward so it can connect on all characters.
  • Cl.HP: +2 active frames (2>4)
  • Cr.HK: Decreased startup by 1F (9F>8F)
  • Cr. fierce larger horizontal hitbox. (encompasses the whole scarf)
  • Far St.MP: Active frame increased from 2F->3F. Startup at 5F
  • Focus Attack:
    increase range.
    +2 frame advantage on blocked Level 1/2 FA into forward dash (-3/+3)
  • Soul Spark
    L: reduce recovery with 3 frames (52>49)
    M: reduce startup by 1F (22>21) and recovery by 1F (52>51)
    H: reduce startup by 3F (29>26)
    EX: +10 damage (30+70>40+70)
  • Soul Spiral:
    Decrease startup by 2 on all regular versions (10F/13F/14F).
    EX: Recovery reduced by 5F, Frame advantage from -6F>-2F. Damage increased to 130 (120>130)
  • Illusion Spark:
    Startup reduced by 2F (12>10).
    Reduce the time where the 2nd hitbox appears during the U1 animation
  • Soul Satellite:
    2x qcb + 3x kick instead of 3x punch.
    Hitbox appears on the 1st activation frame*

hmmmm dunno if its gonna work but if it happens…

all I want to see is zoning in general getting buffed and those that have damage + knockdown + mixups get nerfed in damage and stun.

I mean, doesn’t it look like zoning and footsies is much more harder and not as beneficial compare to having knockdown and mixups ? You do your best to keep an optimal range, doing damage there and there while one knockdown + mixups results into 300+ damage (specially looking at stupid matchups like dhalsim vs cammy/guy)

• Also cammy’s EX cannon strike needs to have WAY LESS advantage on block overall
  • Seth’s Normal DPs and EX DP needs to have less invincibility
  • I think Yang deserves to have his cross up back. Capcom can still find a way to not make it always ambiguous. A little bit more damage.

As for Rose I got a new changes of list (cut down 98% of the things on my previous list…)

Yang does deserve his cross up back or at least his dive kick improved. I think Seth needs to have little invincibility on his normal dps and EX DP should keep it to balance that out. That way he has to burn meter. I’d also like if rose gets a damage boost with some of her moves. Spiral should have damage boosts in its respective strengths. Also it would be nice if some of her normals had a little more advantage. Like cl.st hk can link into cr.mp like guiles. It can link but it can only happen on counter hit. The main fix she needs is on her fireballs and u1.

I still think u1 should have juggle properties even if our damage is reduced it would be massively beneficial, so many characters can juggle into an ultra that does really good damage so why not Rose?

Or just give ex reflect LOADDSAAAA invincibility or 3 frame ex soul throw so no jumping xD

However, that would IMO not be broken, shotos can’t be safe jumped yet they can still mash out on wakeup but idk maybe it woul be like AE “omg Rose is broken you can’t do anything on wakeup”

Rose needs 300 damage on each Orb and the her whole character would be fine.

not necessarily all of them…just ideas in general:

• focus attack: increase animation speed and make it 17+12 instead of 17+14
  • Soul Sparks:
    Light: Decrease startup by 1 frame and decrease recovery to make the frame advantages that are -12/-8 to -8/-4
    Medium: Decrease startup from 22 to 18 and decrease recovery to make the frame advantages that are -4/0 to -2/+2
    Hard: Decrease startup from 29 to 25 and decrease recovery to make the frame advantages that are +2/+6 to +4/+8
    EX Soul Spark: add pursuit properties (ends after 2nd ball so no you can’t soul throw)
  • EX Spiral: add 2 more invincibility frames
  • Super trap back (gives ability to rose to cancel her MP and HP reflect into super)
  • U1 startup to 9 frames and remove hurtbox on the head. Decrease damage (range between 460 and 475)
  • 2 more blockstun on cr.mp
  • Throw invincibility during startup of Soul Satellite
  • Decrease startup of crouching roundhouse by 1 frame
  • Better frame advantages on her cr.lp (+2/+5 instead of 0/+3)
  • Alpha counter :wink:
    [media=youtube]10ZGcp5FJ8w[/media]
    at 6:10

personally I would go for a better focus attack // Better U1 // Better fireball // 2 more invincibility frames on ex spiral. Not necessarily what I wrote but in general, improving those 4 things of Rose

My gosh if we had what was in that video that would be crazy…

Also they need to fix one of her hitboxes
-Move the hitbox from being nearly completely inside of her scarf to the edge of her scarf.
-An extra would to be give her cr.mp back.

Other changes
-Increase the damage on soul spiral
-If they cannot do that add damage onto soul spiral for each reflect like it does for fireballs.
-A slightly better reversal would be nice considering the type of 50/50s we deal with and unblockables but cody has issues too with his so meh…

This video does show some of the changes we would like. I kinda like the multiple hit spiral.

Cody’s stuff makes it up for not true reversals. Yes, he’s free on wake up but:

• Above average damage
  • comeback factor
  • 3f cancelable long cr.lk
  • good constant pressure
  • good frame traps

Most of Rose’s stuff are average to ok

I think either our defense should be boosted or damage to help out. I mean Dhalsim is defensive but he can do more damage than Rose.
[media=youtube]50M3rlC4T80[/media]

That videos shows some of the changes. The height of the reflect, multiple hits on soul spiral, other stuff…

yeah I remember posting this video somewhere in the forums lol
imo both Rose’s defense and offense should be buffed but not to the point of being above average or anything. Just to be up to date with AE2012 (or AE2013 if I dare to say).

Because for me, we are still playing a Rose that went back to Super version but without invincibility on U2 + consistently being able to link cl.mk with cr.mp and better soul piede, while other characters (I should say everyone minus the twins) got more important buffs then what she got imo. Same thing applies to Chun except that she’s not as well rounded as Rose imo

I believe Rose and Chun need some big buffs. Chun fell down the tier list over the years. Yes she has the pokes but she needs the damage behind it. Capcom should buff some of her normal moves to make her more of a threat during play. People say u1 and u2 are good options but they get scaled so much in a simple combo. As for Rose they need to go back and really look at her. If they don’t buff her specials they need to buff the damage in her normals. This time i think Capcom should take more time to look at the lower tier characters and tweak them, while taking less time worrying about the high tier characters to correctly balance out the game. I’d also love if they toned down 50/50’s at least tone down the damage on the characters with 50/50. Why should rose players, or any other character with below defense and offense have to deal with unfair 50/50s?

I’d be satisfied if they just made her focus attack more useful.

I actually don’t want much for her, I think she’s pretty solid.

I’ve said it a million times already, but I’d love for her U1 to be able to juggle, or at least have faster start up.

Rose is completely fine as she is but there are a few things that I’ve been asking for since VANILLA that I plead that they change.

• EX Spiral: 11f invincibility -> 13f invincibility
  • Soul Throw/EX Soul Throw: No longer able to be special cancelled into
  • cr. fierce -> a bit larger horizontal hitbox so it encompasses the whole scarf.
  • st. fierce, hurtbox pushed back, hitbox pushed forward slightly.

And um, that’s really it.

Personally, I think they should just change soul throw being cancelled into and change U2 to kicks. The overall game balance is already fine enough and doesn’t need much changing.

IMO, Rose needs some normals tweaked for better frame advantage in order to create some new combo possibilities.

Increased damage and STUN on most of her normals, especially her long range pokes like (st. RH), (st. Fierce), (Cr Fierce) etc.

Reduced Hurtbox on Cr. Fierce and longer and WIDER hitbox…so its doesnt trade that often and can catch her opponent early in the air. In exchange for a godly Cr. Fierce we can keep ex soul throw as it is.

Increase her stun meter…since she wont have a life increase seeing she is a female character on a SF game.

Increase the start up of her super, maybe the same as Ryu’s super…so it can punish more stuff on block.

Make Ex Spiral A TRUE REVERSAL PLEASE. Sabin and many top Rose players have addressed this particular request various times and Capcom still won’t make it happen.

Extend the hitbox of her focus attack…and maybe tweak some of the frame data if they are willing to make it all around better.

And MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:
Restore U2 back to Super status. No questions asked. She needs a “bullshit” mechanic to make her threatning. This was obviously it. So character with mix ups have to once again learn to respect Rose on her wake up.

I’ll think of more later.

P.S. I don’t care if you disagree with the return of SS. It make Rose a scary viable character which is what we need.
We Rose players have settled for petty buffs and stupid nerfs for all these years we need to make our suggestions be heard no matter how crazy they sound.

don’t touch her, please :frowning:

We really don’t need that from super all though it would be nice but i’d rather have her not being able to be thrown. If we get that then its almost like that if we set up some safe u2 options.

90% of the time if the opponent is mashing throw he gets blown up by the orbs. The nature of the orb’s rotational style allows for an occasional grab to sneak in and cancel the orbs. But I see what you mean. Once again that issue of getting thrown out of your ultra is solved by giving it all of its Super properties back. (the infamous invencibility)

There is a certain window where your opponent can throw you with the orbs. If she does it from a certain distance they can walk up and throw her instead.