Rose Combos and Glitches

List your favorite combos here using standard abbreviation conventions. Include the proper damage from the training data in training mode.

Make sure to perform the combo when the opponent has a full lifebar, because otherwise the damage will be reduced depending on how low the opponent’s health is.

Also, discuss any glitches or bugs the character has.

I’ll update this first post so once thing are found etc, no one has to read thru xx amount of pages.

Bread and Butter:

1. c.lp, c.lp xx lk soul spiral (Staring with c.lk, then linking c.lp, c.mp is best since it starts low)

Corner combos:

c.lp, c.lk, c.mp xx lp spark, fadc, sc.hk, c.lp, sc.lk xx lk drill
c.lp, c.lk, c.mp xx lp spark, fadc, sc.hp xx hp reflect, pause, ex spark

Midscreen:

-close FK, c.lp xx drill
-meaty slide, c.lp drill
-meaty or CH close fk, c.mp xx drill
-meaty/ch mk c.lp or mp(if ch) xx drill
now some dumb ones

• ch close FK, c.fp xx drill
    -meaty and ch slide, s.mp c.mp xx drill

c.mp, mp soul reflect
c.lp, c.lp, c.lp xx lk drill xx Super (if you have meter)
c.lk, c.lp, c.lk link c.mp xx drill
c.lp, c.lk, c.mp, ex spark

close hk, c.lp xx drill
meaty slide, c.lp drill
meaty or CH close fk, c.mp xx drill
meaty/ch mk c.lp or mp(if ch) xx drill
ch close Fhk c.hp xx drill
meaty and ch slide, s.mp c.mp xx drill
vs fatties:

c.lp c.lk c.mp xx lp spark fadc c.mp xx hk drill: 260
c.mp xx lp spark fadc c.lp c.lk c.mp xx hk drill: 279
close s.hp xx lp spark fadc c.lp c.lk c.mp xx hk drill: 309
close s.hk xx lp spark fadc c.lp c.lk c.mp xx hk drill: 319

EX combos:

Super/Ultra combos:

well from what i remember tonight

j.hp c.mp(mk) xx drill xx super
j.hp c.mp xx ex reflector
j.hp s.hp xx super

im thinking she has more than just that but thats what i was using most tonight. it seemed like only her ex reflector comboed from any of her normals but i could be wrong on that. slide is still good for beating pokes and her long range mixed with her dashes and save attack make for good mixups on wakeup.

Rose has…loads of combos.

Literally.

I’ve ploughed through training mode quite a bit, gonna put some form of guide up somewhere eventually (when the game is released), so watch this space.

I’ve seen some of the videos, including one of rose’s challenge mode and a guy getting through the whole thing including multiple 5-6 step ultra combos. [media=youtube]QAhh8wIf3nc[/media]

What would you guys say to a statement like “the training mode has all Rose’s combos in it” Would that be accurate, do they only show a few combos/links to illustrate the point?

it wouldn’t be accurate, no. She still has some more nice shit to do.

It would appear she can soul throw after the launching reflector shown in the challenge mode video… Or at least do some other cool stuff off it.

Hope that works 'cause that’s pretty freaking cool!

i noticed some of those combos tonight actually wish i would have saw that last night though.

Soul Throw doesn’t work from any form of air hit, even reflector. Not even after f+hk.

Though as a treat, f+hk on air hit into super (not ultra) is a combo.

Soul Throw seems to be more similar to its Street Fighter Alpha 2 version rather than its Street Fighter Alpha 3 version. That means that you cannot use it to end a juggle.

In Street Fighter Alpha 2, only the Aura Soul Throw had the property to work properly when used during a juggle. Could the EX version of Soul Throw hold this property, too? Maybe it can be used after a launch. Anyone tried it?

Aww, no fun Zakuta… Well maybe the ex version like Roogle said?

That doesn’t work either.

For some reason, I can’t get the timing down on c.lp c.lp c.lp xx light spiral xx super, I always end up getting a regular kick for the spiral. Is it a link or a cancel? Tips? I can get every other combos down but that one I seriously can’t. :frowning:

Also in combos try to replace single cr.mps with the st.mp cr.mp link, from what I’ve tried, it’s definitely worth it if you got the timing down for the link.

From what i’ve read and understand the last c.lp in a combo must be linked, and since you are cancelling it into the light spiral i would assume that you need to do it while in the QC motion.

So:
c.lp
c.lp
(link to)
begin QC
hit lp while at the start of the QC(down)
finish QCF
hit lk
second QCF
P

I’m not the greatest yet at it, but from i understand about cancels you gotta sneak in that lp at the start of your QCF and then almost immediately hit lk. Just make sure that when you hit the 3rd lp you are in your QC motion already. If you start it after you hit that lp you missed it

Seems all her best stuff is in the corner.

Zakuta, can you do combo, EX SP, FAC, then ultra?

To combo to Ultra it seems the only option is into Focus Attack…after EX fireball in the corner.

does ex soul spark push them back too far for her SA to hit midscreen?

Indeed. It only works in the corner.

damn im tryin to think of some combos that may allow her to put more damage out but i dont have the game yet so im theory fighting till i play again. what happens after you SADC and then try to do another SA to combo? does the opponent flip out or do they crumble again? cuz im thinking (theory fighter again)

do a combo into ex fireball (1 bar) SADC (2 bars) another combo into EX fireball SA then whatever after that since youre out of meter by then.

now the part thats gettin me is 1.) do they flip out after another SA and 2.) are the bars from a SADC taken from cancelling the special into SA or for dashing? if the meters taken from the SA cancel of the special then i know that combo wont work.

In one of the vids Maximillian posted with Rose he landed an anti air focus attack->dash ultra and it connected.

yeah the whole absorbing one hit works very well as anti-air