"Resistance is Futile!" - Sentinel Combo Thread

I’m going to start this thread because it is pretty hard to scroll through 58 pages of “SENTINEL IS SO CHEAP” comments to find BNB combos and whatnot. Please let me know how you want to organize the thread and I’ll work on it as I dont usually do these things.

-Sentinel has a full air string, :l:, :l:, :m:, :m:, :h:, :h:
-He has a 2 hit limited ground string (AFAIK), :m: or cr.:m:,:s:

-:s: is a launcher, j.:s: causes ground bounce and can be combo’ed into a lot of stuff. -A common jump in combo starter therefore is sj.:h:, sj.:s:
-:qcf: :l: and the aerial version OTG opponents.

-Sentinel has double jump and flight to extend air combos. hit delay on some air attacks make some strings impossible. But cancelling flight brings sentinel back to a neutral state, giving Sentinel the ability to extend combos.

OPENING

1. st.:h:, cr.:h:, :qcf:+:m:, :qcb:+:atk::atk:, st. :h:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/guamcards?feature=mhum#p/c/81117D9C88D2002A/4/PE6SdBSl5z0

2. st.:l:, cr.:m:, :s:, SUPER JUMP sj.:h: xx :qcb:+:s:, j.:l:, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h: xx :qcb:+:s:, j.:m:, double jump, j.:m:, j.:s: Land, DASH :qcf:+:l: (OTG)

3. sj.:h:, sj.:s:, land cr.:m:, :s:, SUPER JUMP sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s: LAND :qcf:+:l:(OTG)

Combos 2 and 3 can be followed up by the following strings if you have meter
if u want to deal damage, follow up the OTG with :qcf:+:atk::atk: or :qcb:+:atk::atk:
http://www.youtube.com/user/guamcards?feature=mhum#p/c/81117D9C88D2002A/4/PE6SdBSl5z0

**If you want to bring your opponent to the corner** REPLACE the :qcf:+:l: with the tiger knee version (so u become airborne), the air rocket punch will still OTG, cancel that into air :qcf:+:atk::atk:

1. s.:l:, c.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, Fly, :l:, :m:, :h:, :s:, OTG:qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:

2. j.:s:, LAND st.:s:, SUPER JUMP sj.:h: xx :qcb:+:s:, f.:l:, f.:h: xx :qcb:+:s:, sj. :m: Jump cancel UF, sj.:h:, sj. :s:, Land, Dash Toward, :qcf:+:l: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:, :qcf:+:m:xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:

Corner combo

1. :Command grab (heavy) xx :s:, sj ,j.:m:, j.:h:, fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk: (In corner) Builds one meter. 600k damage

2. “CLAKEY COMBO” :s: -> sj.:m::h: -> :qcf::m: -> (as you and the opponent are falling, the timing is sort of fucked up) -> falling :l::m: -> double jump -> :l::m::s: -> land -> :qcf::l: -> whatever hyper combo
    http://www.youtube.com/user/guamcards?feature=mhum#p/c/81117D9C88D2002A/1/GHhH6oVM0P8

I played Sentinel for only 2 days so I dont really know much. Just what is in the guide and what i’ve picked up in training room. Lemme know I’ll keep this thread updated or change the format.

Whats good SrK, IDK if anyone else was having this problem but doing a standard air combo with sentinel on small size characters can be a little annoying because after the first hit following the launcher every other hit seems to whiff but the special.

So for example:

Following launcher - :m:,:s: or :m:,:h:,:s: (or something of that nature depends on player) which is the standard combo on small size characters.

But if you just cancel into fly after the first hit following launcher you can really extend that air combo so for example:

Following launcher - :h:, xx fly, :l:,:l:,:m:,:m:,:s: or :l:,:m:,:m:,:h:,:s: (or something along those lines)

Its great damage around 600 - 700 when followed up with rocket punch otg and super…

btw guys instead of ending air/fly combo with special, jump cancel to extend it even more for added damage (example: :h:, xx fly,:l:,:l:,:m:,:m:, jump cancel :m:,:h:,:s:)

THANK YOU. let’s do something productive.

The reason anyone would have problems with smaller characters is because they are jumping too quickly after the launch. Just wait about 30 frames, then jump. Whole combo will land…

[media=youtube]KVWUPgurd0c[/media]

I tried to replicate some combos I saw on SRK yesterday. Notation.

First combo

launch, j. c xx fly, f. a, f. c xx unfly, j. b xx double jump, dj. b, (dj. c), dj. s, land and dash, a rocket punch xx hsf, st. c

Second combo

launch, j. c xx fly, f. a, f. c xx unfly, j. c, land, launch, j. b, j. c xx fly, f. a, f. b, f. c, f. s, land, a rp xx ender.

Nice thread, have a question when doing the launcher into the fly combos in the air, midscreen is it easier to pull off while sj straight upwards or diaganol? same question applies for in the corner, or does it not matter?

I do these combos.

S ^ H xx fly L > L > M > H xx unfly M > jcf. (jump cancel forward) M > S > land L rocket punch > hyper (HSF or PS).

It works on every character, and does pretty good damage.

j. S > land S ^ M > M > H xx fly L > M > H xx unfly M jcf. M > S > land L rocket punch > hyper

I think this one works (I’m trying to write it from memory). I’ll check later on.

ALSO instead of ending combos with L rocket punch, you can do TK L rocket punch xx Hyper Drive > land L rocket punch xx hyper (HSF or PS).

Command grab (heavy) xx :s:, sj ,j.:m:, j.:h:, fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk: (In corner) Builds one meter. 600k damage

s.:l:, c.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, Fly, :l:, :m:, :h:, :s:, OTG:qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk: Mid screen. 540k damage.

It’s about time we got one of these. :shy:

Damn a lot of these are ones that I got but I think your notations are better. I will update these in a couple of hours. At work. GG.

Stolen from Spoonuser12 in the main thread. Works on every char.

S, sj.C xx Fly, A, C xx Unfly, sj. B Jump cancel UF, sj.C, sj. S, Land, Dash Toward, A Rocket Punch xx Plasma Storm/HSF

Now my notes on this combo:

Does more damage if you start with J.C or J.S.

Also, if you land it in the corner, after you land the sj.S, you can do A. Rocket Punch OTG xx HSF, M.RP xx Plasma Storm for an extra 200k.

So annotations:
J.S, S, sj.C xx Fly, A, C xx Unfly, sj. B Jump cancel UF, sj.C, sj. S, Land, Dash Toward, A Rocket Punch xx HSF, M. Rocket Punch xx Plasma Storm.

Finally a combo thread, Thank You!!

Fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, Unfly, c.:l:, c.:m:, :s:, sj, j.:m:, j.:m:, Fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, OTG :qcf::l:,
:qcb::atk::atk:

Corner only. 600K damage

Edit: Found a real easy one. Takes 2 meters though :lol:

Command grab (Heavy), OTG :qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:, :s:, sj, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, Fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, OTG :qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:

Corner only. 700k damage.

You can use plasma storm at the end of these combos but I’m cheap with my meter. :shy:

I am using this combo corner against everyone (although it is a bit tricky on small characters such as Arthur, yet possible!):

:s:, j.:h:, j.:m: rocket punch, j.:l:, j.:m:, jump up/or jump up towards, j.:m:, j.:h:, fly, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :l: rocket punch (OTG).

Somewhere between 600-610k damage.

Obviously this combo can be extended with a jump-in such as j.:h:, j.:s: and add another j.:m: in the flight mode. Also after the :l: rocket punch OTG you can follow up with QCB + :2p: and actually extend it even more with xfactor and another hyper move after that or simply another launcher.

Loving this. I’ll contribute when I get home. I think i’m going to do some videos to troll all the sentinel haters when i get home lol. I’ll also do one showcasing the combos in mission mode, in the guide, and some custom combos from this forum. Won’t be a tut… just a basic combo vid. Glad someone broke the ice.

[media=youtube]TXMd_aekXM0[/media]

Bad video quality. You can get a little more damage if you add a J.:h: in the beginning. My Bread and butter for him right now.

For anyone trying to land 2 hyper sentinel forces in the corner without them popping out

[media=youtube]FsWlWCdgKyg]YouTube - MVC3: get another hyper sentinel force without xfactor![TRUE BUDGET-DEF[/media]

If you do HSF, let them fall for a sec and do :qcf::l: you can get more hits from HSF.

Damn I thought his RP was dumb slower in this version

sigh back to the lab i guess

Brief rant I don’t like playing sentinel because when I win I hear people bitch about how I needed sentinel to beat them. Yet sentinels rocket punch and first assist are perfect for two of my teammakeuos. Anyway I digress.

There is good info in this thread but it is a little disorganized. Ill clean it up over the weekend and this is how ill do it. Combos will be broken down by numbers of hyper meter and xfactor needed. Then corner or non corner only. Then for every flight combo, I will put up the abridged “basic” version that requires no flight cancels but is still decent albeit much less powerful. The opening post will have all those bnbs and HD quality videos for each. Well Iida about the flight ones since I’m nit too proficient at those but ill try. Any other combos that u think are a bnb or should replace one I have listed for optimized scaling, then write the notation, amount of damage it does and link a video that shows it. Even if it is ingame play.

Think that would help a lot because so many sent players out there can’t do simple lazer cancels let alone flight combos

so I’m trying to do Sentinel’s main BnB combo where he gets them in the air, then rocket punches and then uses drones. When I get them in the air and try to do j. :m: j. :m: I always miss the second one, anyone know why, it’s really annoying me and I could improve so much If I learn this.

Can you guys post the damage up for each combo so we can differentiate which ones to use depending on the situation?

I have an interesting combo that I’ll post some time that involves re-launching your enemy mid-screen after HSF.