Red Hot Combos: Combos/Resets Thread

will do tomorrow when i test out the combo to see where you land thanks forgot that.

Ignore me

I noticed a fun little tidbit for Joe’s combos. if you do a launcher combo and get your aerial hits you can do his red hot kick B and air dash up owards your opponent then continue with the combo. my first thoughts where ;

:l:>:m:>:h:>:s:>jump>:l:>:m:>:h:>RHK B>air dash up owards(while mashing)>air joe(get above them, timing specific)>:m:>RHK B>air dash up toward>air joe>launch>more

idk this feels like it has a shitload of potential when mixed up with what trag is showing us, but uhhhh… this is sorta high level already and i can hardly do this combo past the second air dash.

Air Joe -> Desperado is easy if you use H Air Joe

Press it 5 times (I think) and when Joe does the dropkick part of Air Joe, cancel to Desperado.

I also dont understand how to end l and m air joe properly into a relaunch.

Slow mode has so many possibilities.

Regularly, you can only combo off of h red hot kick with mach speed (or another super). But with slow, you can combo off of it regularly. So if you call an assist you can do tk red hot kick > whatever you want. Gonna fool around with slow setups a lot more.

Dear god this stuff looks borderline impossible. I’m coming from the smash community though so maybe its not as awful as it looks :S

gonna start updating really soon i had just completed joes trials last night and now im gonna try to find good team members for him and start learning slow combos!

I’m surprised you haven’t uploaded damage output for these combos.

Yea got to do that testing some things at the moment ill get these soon.

I think most of Joe’s complex combos and resets are definitely going to be built around the groovy uppercut. However, it seems like they can be really picky depending on which characters you’re fighting against. I was trying a few different ones today and for example, one would work against Captain America and not against Thor, despite Thor’s size.

One particular set up I’ll try to experiment with more (which seems to be reliable against most characters) is:

(typical ground string) (:m:Groovy Uppercut,) j.:h:, :u:j.:m:j.:h:(:h: Red Hot Kick,)(:l:Groovy Uppercut)

In the middle of the screen, I THINK the Red Hot Kick actually places you on the other side of the opponent, turning your next Groovy Uppercut into a cross up. I think this puts them in a good position to follow up with Air Joe, which idealistically will carry them to the ground for a launcher or short string into hyper combo…or something. Optionally, I think they’ll be just high enough for you to air dash beneath them if you choose to reset instead of using air joe. Basically just looking for possibilities with this stuff.

For the record, Air Joe requires 3 taps.

Any idea on Joe’s most damaging meterless combo for now? :V - and how much damage it does?

Thanks in advance.

plus dont forget with slow you could do a team air combo or tag out and then your new char also has more possibilitys (presumably)

I wanted to try this out but don’t have time yet. Im not sure if they work. Maybe some of you guys may like to try it.

Meter Combos:

Air S > c.M > c.H > QCF M > H > double jump > j.M > j.H > j.S > Red Hot Kick H > M > H > Launch > j.M > j.M > j.H > double jump > j.M >j.M > j.H > triple jump > j.M > j.H > Desperado

Sorry for the double post.

I just posted this in response to a video thread post, but I figured it’s worth a mention in this thread as well.

A fairly damaging Slow combo into snapback off Joe’s overhead:

Slow, f.:m:, Groovy Upper :m:, RHK :l:, RHK :m:, adf, :h:, RHK :h:, j.:h:, RHK :m:, RHK :h:, s.:h:, snapback. Does about 450k.

This is my go-to combo off overhead, if I’m in the corner I usually launch after the last s.:h: for an air combo into a hard knockdown, OTG assist into Slow to keep the loop going.

Here are some I was playing around with tonight, probably can be improved on:

Meterless

j.:h:, :l: :m: :h: c.:h: (:m:Groovy Uppercut) j.:h:, :u: j:m: :h: (:h: Red Hot Kick,) (:l: Groovy Uppercut,) (:h: Air Joe)

This got me approx 380,000+ I think with proper timing and placement it might be able to lead into a launcher or short hyper combo on the ground if you end Air Joe just right

1 Meter

j.:h:, :l: :m: :h: c.:h: (:h:Groovy Uppercut,)(:m: Red Hot Kick,)(:m: Red Hot Kick)(Desperado)

This one did 480,000+ I think.

I figure I’ll go ahead and post all the combos from the Brady guide. Also, Brennan, it doesn’t list the most damaging meterless combo, but I think it’s something like this:

c.:m::m::h:c.:h::dp::m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h:j.:s::qcb::h: Land :m::s:j.:m:j.:m::h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m:

Does 429,700. Probably not quite the most damaging, but close. Here’s the rest from the guide:

Combo 1: c.:l:c.:l::m::h:c.:h::dp::m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h:j.:s::qcb::h: Land :m::s:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (545,300. BnB with 1 meter)

Combo 2: f.:m::dp::m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:h:j.:m:j.:s::qcb::h: Land :m::s:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (543,600. BnB off overhead with 1 meter)

Combo 3: Instant Air :h::qcb::h::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (578,300. Hit :h: just as you leave the ground from jumping. Won’t hit small characters; Morrigan, Zero, Spidey, X-23, Phoenix, Wolvie, and Arthur)

Combo 4: :qcb::ub::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (317,500. Quick and dirty 2-hit overhead combo off a tiger knee RHK)

Combo 5: Meet an airborne foe with j.:l:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (421,800. Pre-emptive air to air combo)

Combo 6: c.:m::m::h::qcf::l::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (634,600. High-damage 2 meter combo)

Combo 7: c.:m::m::h:c.:h::dp::m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h:j.:s::qcb::h: Land :h::qcf::atk:+:atk: (429,400. A strong means of landing Viewtiful Godhand.)

To be continued…

Advanced Combos:

Combo 1: c.:m::m::h:c.:h::dp::m:j.:h: Double Jump j:m:j.:h:j.:s::qcb::h: Land :m::s:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h: Triple Jump j.:m:j.:h:j.:s: Land, OTG Assist :qcb::atk:+:atk: (497, 900. Corner BnB into Viewtiful Godhand. Requires 1 meter and OTG Assist)

Combo 2: c.:m::m::h::qcf::l::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m: Airdash j.:h::qcb::m: Airdash j.:s: Land, OTG Assist :qcb::atk:+:atk: (578,600. High damage, ends in Viewtiful Godhand. Requires 2 meters and OTG Assist. Corner only)

Combo 3: Activate Viewtiful Godhand, c.:m::m::h::m::h::m::h::qcf::l::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m: Airdash :h::qcb::m: Airdash j.:s: Land, OTG Assist :qcb::atk:+:atk:(643,400. Begins with Godhand and ends with Godhand, illustrating a tactical loop. Requires 3 meters and OTG Assist. Corner only)

Combo 4: Activate Viewtiful Godhand, Instant Air :h::qcb::h: Land :m::h::m::h::qcf::l::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m: Airdash j.:h::qcb::m: Airdash j.:s: Land, OTG assist :qcb::atk:+:atk: (633,300. Begins with Godhand and ends with Godhand, illustrating a tactical loop. Requires 3 meters and OTG Assist. Corner only)

Combo 5:c.:m::m::h: X-Factor, Dash Forward c.:m::m::h::qcf::l::dp::atk:+:atk:j.:m:j.:h: Double Jump j.:m:j.:h::qcb::m::qcb::m::qcf::atk:+:atk: (1,017,900. Requires level 1 X-Factor and 2 meters)

Phew! Now go out there and buy the guide already <__<

Wow good stuff guys. Can’t wait to try this stuff out later.

Joe has a combo that does around 600,000 with 1 bar. Will post later.