Real Urien Unblockables/combos

here’s a 'gay’gis setup that i use:

midscreen

i set a jab headbutt in two ways:
a)cr. jb(x2)->jb DH or
b)cr sht->jb DH

then immediately upon landing 3P aegis. this juggles for 1hit. then dash fp. DH to land on the opposite side. finaly dash foward twice. now u have several options as your opponent is rising :

a)safe: jump back Rh. if it hits follow with a ‘volley’ combo of your choise. i usually do (cr fwd, ,walk in cr fwd, ,walk in cr jb(x2), ,cr fp, w/e juggle).
im not to sure if this is an unblockable but i often connect the jp back Rh. the problem w/ this setup is that most ppl will crouch the second time they c it so…

or
b)they saw it already: instead jump straight up and rh (most ppl will take the hit but its cr damage now :badboy: ), then cr. fp(1hit)->jb DH or rh takle on smaller chars(i couldnt think of a better combo for this senario, so if anyone comes up w/ something lemme know)
b1)mixup: or jp up rh, wait then n+throw. after the n+throw be ready to juggle w/ a takle, dash DH,cr fp., etc.
i have to be honest, i didnt put too much work into situation b/b1 because i feel jp back rh is safer. even if they getup crouching after the jp bk rh, i still have enough time to set up 2-3 high/low situations( =free damage).

or
c)high/low wakeup: as they rise into the mirror f+fp(x2)doesnt combo or cr fwd(follow up w/ volley combo).
like b/b1 i dont use to often. instead of 2 f+fp u can mixit up (f+fp, walk in throw into mirror, etc.)

one thing u have to be carefull with when using the jb headbutt setup is that most chars can slip underneath it: elena(df+rh) ibuki(df+fwd) yun(qcf+jb) yang(qcf+p) sean(qcb+P) alex(ex elbow) urien(cr strg). and if u decide to hover over the shotos u can garantee a dp for the trade. some chars can get under w/ their SAs so thats why its best to jump back and decide what to do on the way down(parry,rh,nothing)

i usually go for this setup if its a close match and its necessary that i take the last 15-25% of energy. gimme some feedback on this one :karate:

here’s a weird setup i use for the dragon twins when i feel like wasting meter:

near corner/semi-midstage

cf fp, ex DH, strg DH (they safe fall), strg SA3 (yun/yang should now b about a character space away from the corner), rh takle as he rises. u ground crossover at the last second putting him in UBS. u can replace rh takle w/ 2 foward dashes but the timing is tricky :confused:

lastly, what r some good corner combos against alex in the corner w/o using meter. i find i hard to land any good juggles on him since he appears to fall quickly.

…What?
First, your jab headbutt setups are not too great. For most characters, you’d probably have to be really close to land it. You’re better off just catching someone with a random headbutt alone if they try to throw or something.
‘Edit’

It’s not an unblockable unless the aegis hits from behind twice consecutively. If someone were to stand, they’d probably block aegis, then the rh, then another aegis.

I don’t think that’s a very probable situation. If I was right before about the aegis not breaking guard, then this setup serves no purpose.

…wait,
isn’t the situation where you’re on the other side after you headbutt over? You also said you dashed twice afterwards. I’m assuming they get up after you dash twice? (which reminds me. What about the people who get up faster than others?)
Also, I don’t think it’s likely someone would do a reversal…anything if they have an aegis hanging over their head. Even if they do, how do Yun’s dash punch, Yang’s slash, and Alex’s EX elbow go under? The others at least kinda make sense.

That combo’s a little weird. 2 things:

1. A headbutt and the aegis (the freeze frame part of it) together makes it somewhat hard for some to quickstand from. Which leads me to:
  2. How are you so sure they’re going to quickstand? If they don’t, you’ll have just whiffed a rh tackle right in their face, plus wasted an entire aegis.

Reply back, maybe I’m looking at something wrong.
Probably not.

Edit: Thanks, DG

I think “dash fp. DH” means, dash -> fierce dangerous headbutt (DH) so that he lands on the other side.

just a test

ignore my last post

quote by emphy
…What?
First, your jab headbutt setups are not too great. For most characters, you’d probably have to be really close to land it. You’re better off just catching someone with a random headbutt alone if they try to throw or something.

yeah, you’re right. i guess i was too specific. thats how i normaly set it up though, with a random headbutt. but there r times when i actually land a cr jb/sht-> headbutt (usually off a partitioned dash) to thwart throw attempts or they guess wrong on the parry.

quote by emphy
I don’t think that’s a very probable situation. If I was right before about the aegis not breaking guard, then this setup serves no purpose.

oh, its unblockable, if they stand (and u attack). however, if they choose to crouch the mirror u can smash them with overheads until they r pushed away. as i mentioned in my prior post, i only use this setup to finish off the last 15-25% of their energy. two overheads or jump up rh followed by a combo is enough to get the job done.

quote by emphy
…wait,
isn’t the situation where you’re on the other side after you headbutt over? You also said you dashed twice afterwards. I’m assuming they get up after you dash twice? (which reminds me. What about the people who get up faster than others?)

dont worry, ive tested it on all chars. none of them get up in time to punish b4 u recover from the second dash.

quote by emphy
Also, I don’t think it’s likely someone would do a reversal…anything if they have an aegis hanging over their head. Even if they do, how do Yun’s dash punch, Yang’s slash, and Alex’s EX elbow go under? The others at least kinda make sense.

im starting to think that u didnt bother to test the setup b4 u decided to comment on it. some ppl will DP on wakeup if u r hovering over them. if u were attacking them as they got up, the dp will hit and as a result they get hit by the mirror BUT the trade is in the shoto’s favor. secondly, how do i know that yun , yang, and alex’s specified specials go under? BECAUSE, it has been done to me on several occasions. test b4 u talk. sheesh.

quote by emphy
That combo’s a little weird. 2 things:

1. A headbutt and the aegis (the freeze frame part of it) together makes it somewhat hard for some to quickstand from.

hard but not impossible. some ppl repeatedly tap dwn to perform thier quick stands. its scruby, but it gets results.

quote by emphy
Which leads me to:
2. How are you so sure they’re going to quickstand? If they don’t, you’ll have just whiffed a rh tackle right in their face, plus wasted an entire aegis.

yea, your right. i should have mentioned that not only is this setup risky but for style points only too. .this setup is NOWHWERE NEAR as practical as the more common ones. it just looks cool :wow:

no1 answered my Q about alex…

Cr fierce, short crush, jab sphere, short crush, standing fierce

Only replies I have beef with:

Don’t get me wrong, I DO see your setup, with the either crouch or stand thing. I’m just not sure if it’s really unblockable. I’ll test it later if I get to it/remember about it.

I’m at least sorry about the Alex elbow part. I thought you meant the slash and not the dashing…slash. And WHOOPS. I didn’t test it. :xeye: That’s why I was asking. They just sounded funny to me.
But, now your opponents of choice sound questionable. Wake up dash punch with yun sounds…strange to do if you were trying to get out of PPP aegis. It’s fine and dandy if it works, but that is some “INNOVATIVE” THINKING.:wonder:

I wanna talk about the double mk tackle after a corner launch. I can pull it off on shotos pretty consistently. I have problems on some other characters that it works on. Ibuki, Remy and Yun give me the most problems. I’ve actually pulled it off on Yun, but I have never been able to get it on Ibuki and Remy. Are there any tricks that I should know about other than doing the first tackle at the earliest point of the launcher and doing it like b+f+b mk?

Ibuki really seems impossible because it seems as during the second tackle Urien gets pushed back or something. Its pretty weird looking. I know it can be done though. Any random partitioning tricks for this or no?

no just more difficult than shoto

The only tip I can think of (appart from buffering the first tackle) is not to rush the inputs.

To me Remy seems to be more lenient when it comes to the double mk tackle juggle. Ibuki and the twins seem to be fairly equally difficult.

Does anyone feel it is easier on xbox, ps2 or ARC?

Nope, no partition tricks. =(

It’s just really impossible indeed. :xeye: I find Remy a little easier though. Still kinda bad.

Oh, and I saw some of your matches. You have a very surprisingly impressive Urien, surprisingly impressive meaning doing stuff people don’t usually do like PARTITION of course. You just gotta quit that guessing. Seeing you get hit by Ken’s target combo on wakeup because you GUESSED wrong made me sad. :sad:
Wait for the opportunity, but don’t force it.

Also, when I saw you do mk tackle x2, how come the st. fierce afterwards? :tdown: It’s not like the headbutt is harder. It does more damage and stun too.

In real matches, I find PS2 just about the same to arcade. I get it pretty much just as often. Never played xbox. Don’t think I ever will.

“Does anyone feel it is easier on xbox, ps2 or ARC?”

After over 6000matches on the xbox and i dont know how many matches on the ps2 i can tell you this…

The timing on the xbox and ps2 is quite different. Everything, if you ask me, seems a lot more easy on the xbox…? I’ll give you some examples…

I can kara-srk on the xbox 1/3 on ps2 1/5.

I can do cr.fierce > mk tacklex2 quite easily on the shotos for instance but on ps2 its a bit harder. The same goes for all the other characters.

Partitioning with urien feels easier on the xbox. It feels as though the xbox-version is a bit more forgiving than the ps2 is.

kara-palms with yun is easier on xbox.

And so on. This is all based on my experience! I’ve heard from ppl telling me there is no difference between the two games but i know there is because the timing is, although not big but still, different.

If that is true it seems that the Xbox version isn’t as arcade perfect as the PS2 version.

Yes. I’ve been thinking about this a lot. A player who has played a lot on the ps2 moving to the xbox will not feel any difference at first thinking that it’s the same and that he just has improved his skills and so on. After a week or so just with the xbox and now moving from the xbox to ps2 will mess it all up a lot for the player.

I took me about 40 lost matches before getting the feel for the timing on the ps2 again. And not just once, but everytime we had a session and so on here it took me about an hour or so to get the feel for it again.

Thanx for the compliments. I was messing around with the mk tackle x2 and was able to hit it on remy. Ibuki is still a bitch to pull that shit off on. I did have success with the twins also.

Lol. So much was going through my mind when i pulled off the mk tackle x2 in the vid, I didnt charge for the headbutt. So s. fp was the next best thing. Guessing on wakeup is my biggest downfall. Ken is a tricky little bastard.

I also never messed around with the xbox version even though I do have it. When me and my friends get together and play, all we have is ps2 sticks so I stick to the ps2 version.

I see, I see

Keep it up though :tup:

Hunt those guessers. :pleased:

OH, and Edit: Pick ONE color. It’s just more nicer that way. :karate:

Don’t pick Teal, that one is mine. :arazz:

Go ahead. It’s all yours.

… :karate: .

I call Red.

RED/Yarou urien is mine :stuck_out_tongue: