-----Air
----------Neutral+3: 10
----------Neutral+3 charged: 20
----------Side+3: 10 (3, 4, 3)
----------Down+3: 5
----------Up+3: 1 per 1/2 sec or so while close for like 7 sec
–Throw: removes 10% of opponent’s total pre-throw AP

Reserved

Anyone come up with good stuff yet? I have some decent setups so far.

Level 1 kills:

If you grab an opponent, from almost anywhere on screen on most maps you can run most of the way over to a wall, do a side throw into the corner such that you end up almost exactly the length of your level 1 super away from the wall, and then after just a brief split second of waiting, activate level 1. Without a record feature it’s really hard to test how solid this setup is, but certainly no combination of wakeup roll, delayed getup, or dodge can beat it. I’ve tried some level 1s and level 2s against it but they’ve all lost. Seems like a pretty well guaranteed setup.

Similar situation after combos. If you have lv1 and the opponent cornered, end combos with moves that knock your opponent down in front of you, get to the same lv1 super distance from the wall, and activate.

If you don’t have lv1, you can do some other tricky meaty stuff too.

On a grab or knockdown near the corner, stand just in front of the opponent’s standing wakeup range, lay a down+3, then turn around and lay the other down+3, then turn forward to the opponent and press throw. From my testing, if the opponent rolls backward or stands up, Rachet will grab them and get the same setup again (except without having to set up the down+3s because they’re already there). If the opponent rolls forward, he’ll roll behind Ratchet and escape the throw but wake up into the down+3 electric field.

I wish I knew what, if anything, the wakeup reversal window was like, as well as which moves other than lv3 supers are invincible. That would really make it easier to build stronger setups.

You can land a super after following s+3… Should work whether it hits/blocked.

I don’t think anything except level 3 is invincible.

Level 2 is invincible. The only thing that can hit Clank is another super.

I love Ratchet’s lvl 2 when Clank throws out the orbs that slows the opponent down :0…I caught a Jak player trying to run away with the hoverboard and it was a wrap from there

Anyone else find good uses for the tesla spikes? If I can set it up, it really makes it a pain for them to get in, especially if my sniping’s on point. But they seem to be useless if I’m not miles away from every opponent, because they can be neutralized by any normal that touches the edge of it, as well as almost every projectile. And setting them up takes a lot longer than pretty much every other useful tool. A good player won’t let me get away with that.

That said, Tesla walls at good angles might just lead to some amazing zoning/combos/perhaps even a trap for supers can hit. I’d like to hear what other Ratchet enthusiasts think.

What are people’s AP burst combos with Ratchet?

Mine is agents of doom, 1-1, wait, f1, f1, up1, up2, hits for 140.
And for corner, I have air up-forward 3 (zerkon and agents), snipershot, run up to them, f1, f1, jump 1-1-1, 140-143 depending on how much zerkon gets in.

I’d love to find something that’s not just agents and wall-less stages, though.

2, f+1, f+1, u+1, u+2 bags 140 AP. It can land midscreen from close distances, but there is something in the timing that I’m trying to figure out. Mashing out the u+1 seems to throw it off so that u+2 doesn’t hit. I need more time to figure it out. Side note, this combo works really well if you catch your opponent on the edge of a platform with Da Burp. The closer you are the better. Until, I figure it out though, I’m sticking with just a single f+1 because of the consistency and mash friendliness.

That corner combo is nice, btw. Never thought of it before.

Side questions for the Ratchets here. I’m just curious, but has anyone else tried switching 2 and 3 on the controller layout? I play this game on ps3 pad (because it only makes sense), and switching 2 and 3 around makes the mobility for a charged burp so much easier. Straddling circle with X just works. I’m getting great results with the mobility as opposed to the holding triangle down and then messing up by pushing circle or square, or just slipping off triangle.

If you haven’t tried switching them yet, give it a go and try using Da Burp more often. Working well for me :smiley:

Wow, I didn’t even know jumping with “Da Burp” was an option until I saw your post. I do alright with Ratchet, but I’d have another great tool at my disposal if I could jump while charging it. I really want to try your setup, but I play almost exclusively on the Vita, and so can’t modify my controls :frowning:

I want to try it on the ps3 version, but I’m worried I’ll just screw up my muscle memory for when I switch back to Vita… As it is, I’m pretty much earthbound when charging Mr. Belchfrog.

Edit: If they don’t want to or can’t give Vita users the option to modify controls, don’t you think it would be a good idea to just switch out the functions of neutral circle and neutral triangle? In a perfect world I’d have them do both, but either one would greatly help my ratchet play :slight_smile: Kinda seems like something they’d catch in Beta, but I can’t really see why they wouldn’t have mapped it there in the first place. Maybe keeping triangle functions to a “gun” theme was what they were going for.

You can’t change the layout on vita?! That’s crazy! Yeah. I’m getting a Vita soon and this game is already mine for it (THANK YOU CROSS-BUY!!!). I’m definitely going to suggest adding that feature in.

Yeah, after playing it on Vita first, I assumed it must be the same for ps3, and was surprised that the option to change controls was there. Level playing field and all.

Ya’ll better stay up in the air though… cuz my ground frog is feROCiouS!! yeah… stay up there…

You can punish your opponents wakeup grab with very low jump 2 and still get a full combo.

OOOH! Gotta check that out! I’d love to punish the grab happy Sackboys! I don’t remember the recovery on that move. Good enough to defend against rolls?

I like to leapfrog my teslas and inch my way towards opp sometimes. Also if I have a tesla setup near a downed opp I’ll run past them and put down a trap. Also if someone is stuck on block I’ll run right past them and put down a tesla.

Okay, so all Ratchet’s need to use da burp more. I mean charge it when you can all the time. It is a VERY strong move. It staggers opponents who are blocking (I didn’t know this until just recently), when fully charged (glowing mouth), which you can combo after, at closer ranges with wrench throw, for 150 AP easy (I made a video of it and posted it below). It blows away anyone not blocking or in the air for 30 AP, and punishes blocking itself! It is extremely tough to beat!

If you unleash a full burp and you’re out of wrench throw range (you get the feel for it quick) you can still use the triple pistol for 70AP (I think). Max range doesn’t seem to allow for anything to connect, but you can still be on the offensive which Ratchet doesn’t get the opportunity to do much.

It can defend well against rolls too with quick turns, but I can’t think of many situations where this would be happening against smart opponents. Maybe if they’re coming up through a platform.

Either way, this move has a lot of potential and should be used more often. Heli-Clank gliding with a burp is great too. Think of it as a big ol’ shield. People jumping at you can be punished pretty easy. Directly under you is another story, but gliding into that is a bad idea from the beginning.

It has a couple of weaknesses though. First, it can be punished if whiffed on someone who jumps it or block rolls towards you. Considering the hitbox goes decently far up and basically comes out in an instant, it would be near impossible to do that on reaction. Second weakness, once you charge da burp, you have to burp. You can’t cancel out of it. At least I haven’t found a way to. That means no blocking (blocking with a charge only release the burp). If you need to get out of a burp charge, you have to either be hit (not a good option at all), fall into a hazard/water, or let it rip. Jump burping doesn’t offer much of a faster recovery, although double jump away and burp away offers a lot of defensive movement which better increases of your chances of not getting punished. Still, you have to remember, this move is really good. There should be no reason that you wouldn’t want to unleash a full burp on someone unless they have a stocked up super that could punish you. Still, it’s instant and can interrupt most of level 1’s and many others. Just know the rock paper scissors of it all.

So now when you have a chance to escape the action for a second, or after every triple pistol, up rocket, or any other move the throws the opponent away including a burp itself, charge that burp. I hope all this helps! Now, go forth and conquer!

[media=youtube]HQszKXQebiI[/media]

Don’t know if anyone here knows but ratchet and raiden have a fun move for raiden’s lv.1

if ratchet throws wrench out it lits you and your juggled into raiden’s lv.1 super. Annoying as hell but a good strategy.

Makes sense, and although I’m glad my house has the decency to not play Raiden, I’ll make a note of it.

Also, not sure if people have discussed it much here, but I think the most fun of Ratchet’s zoning is jumping really low off the ground and immediately doing a charged sniper shot. If done at the right speed, it can combo into the next sniper shot, or (and I prefer this) the sitdown state it creates leads a frame trap against jumping away. If you’re far away they don’t have many options but wading through the bullets, and if they’re closer you can catch their rolls with a f1, f2, or maybe even a grab. Even more fun, I find you can really quickly adjust it up or down right before you fire and not slow down the startup speed of the attack, not to the point that it matters, anyway. Good reactions are really rewarded in this scenario. It’s a pain to get around and looks cool to boot. If you jump a bit higher or are doing it on slightly uneven ground, it also makes the Radec matchup much easier. I definitely recommend doing what I’m going to call tiger-knee’d sniper shots much more often than the grounded or hover-really-high variety.

j.d2, the Buzz Blades, is gold in Free For All. It doesn’t build the best meter, but it’s incredibly disrupting and is a great source of opponent AP denial. It’s fast, highly spammable, and the projectiles 1) cause hitstun 2) move quickly 3) bounce everywhere. If you’re getting into your zoning game but Kratos or Raiden is down in the fray comboing the hell out of everything, they will outmeter you quickly. Ruin their meter build by interrupting combos from on high. Careful about spamming this too much in public matches. It’s incredibly annoying and, in every single instance I’ve overused it, has quickly made me the primary target of at least 1 other player.

It has more limited use in 2v2 and 1v1. 2v2 it’ll mostly be used for air-to-ground harassment and safely interrupting combos on your partner, although from most positions a j.3 will do this better as the buttdrop will often allow your friend to return with a combo of his own. In 1v1 it will almost purely be for harassment, although it might find some use interrupting potential anti-airs when you’re trying to get your air mobility on. Admittedly I haven’t played much 2v2 or 1v1 so it may have some other utility I’m just not seeing.

One last note, standing d2 over a ledge works okay, but it’s slower than j.d2 and generally comes out at a less favorable angle. It can be used to anti-air when not on a ledge I guess but 9 times out of 10 it’s inferior to u1 and/or u2.