Ratchet Thread

thanks for this, really good advice. I haven’t done much incorporating the follow ups, but I can already see it’s very useful for uneven ground (particularly ramps and the steps on columbia). It covers the space that u2, 2, d2, even f1 don’t really cover which is huge when you get stuck with those stages. Character height is a good thing to be mindful of because while a good brunt of the cast you can just shoot, a few you have to aim down or you’ll go over their heads

How come I am seeing the s2 getting a crumple in the videos? when I do it it shoots them back across the level if i charge it, and if i shoot it normally they fall over normally. but in the videos it causes a slow crumple…

It causes crumple if they are blocking. That’s what makes that move so dangerous. The opponent has no option but avoid or hit you, and both are pretty tough with the move’s range and crazy long active frames.

So, I’m going to make a Ratchet guide, because, well, that’s fun. I’m curious, is there a way to get out of Ratchet’s “infinite” forward throw when they’re cornered? My friends just don’t know how so I’ve stopped doing it, so I don’t appear douchey, but it’s something I should probably put in the guide.

Jump. You cannot be thrown while airborne and you can jump the instant you wakeup. Actually better yet short-jump-air-dodge to avoid both throws and attacks.

Anyone have any AP burst combos that don’t use the wallbounce? For some reason I’ve been having issues landing it mid match.

n2, s2, s2, u1, u2

S1,S1, Jump, 1,1,1, jump cancel right after the final 1 and then snipe them. 130 ap Works midscreen and very well with a wall near by as well.

Charged 2 against a blocking opponent, S1, S1, U1, U2. 150 ap

130 AP burst: j.1,1, JC, j.2, f.1, f.1, u.2.

You can extend a little by going u1 before u2, but I find it pretty hard to combo these. If you can, that’s 150 AP burst.

Edit: Dunno if it’s common knowledge, but you can set up super 2 easily after a f.1. Just end your combo in f.1, activate super and walk forward a little bit before hitting 1 with Clank.

Sent from my Mind using my Fingers

I’ve got a Ratchet guide on the way, it’s done and awaiting youtube. I’ll have a link up when it uploads!

[media=youtube]tzXFBBQmynE[/media]