Proving Grounds Semi-Monthlies - Chattanooga, TN - 2/27/2010 **VENUE CHANGE**

awesome, now let’s go practice…

Three weeks away gentlemen!

Here’s a rundown of which system each game will be played on (just in case there’s any confusion)…

Please make sure that you bring pads/sticks for all events that you want to take part in.

PS3 - Tekken 6
PS3 - Street Fighter IV
PS3 - BlazBlue (if we have enough entrants)
PS3 - Soul Calibur 4 (if we have enough entrants)
PS3 - Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix
PS3 - Virtua Fighter 5 (if we have enough entrants)

Wii - Super Smash Bros: Brawl
Wii - Super Smash Bros: Melee

PC/Emu - Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
PC/Emu - Melty Blood

PS2 - Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus (if we have enough entrants)
PS2 - Capcom Vs. SNK 2

Hey i will be attending for:
SSF2:HDR
SF4
I was wondering if i bring my ps3 will i be waived from the venue fee?
how many times has this turny been run?
Broken_J

Thanks got you added. If you bring a ps3 you will get in for $5. If you bring a ps3 & tv you get in free.

This is my second Chattanooga tournament.

ok. i also have sf2hdr on my ps3 and a sf4 game so like can that cover the other 5? lol im sorry its just that im coming from monocello ky… and like gas is gonna kill me… and i dont know anyone whos pooling…

I’m only waiving door fees for complete setups so I can only give half off for systems.

For full details…please see the first page of this thread.

Just a little over a week until the tournament!

Announcement for anyone planning on attending the Chattanooga tournament next Saturday

Guys…I’m very sorry for the late change of plans, but there was a mistake made by the previous venue and our room got double-booked. On the bright side…we got a larger room at the new venue and there is a killer bar and some awesome restaurants right next door. Here’s all the info on the new venue…

And also…this venue does NOT allow any outside food or drink so I am sorry for that.

Venue:
Chattanooga Choo Choo
1400 Market St.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
1-800-TRACK-29 (872-2529)

Room: Town Hall Theater

Directions: http://www.choochoo.com/directions.php?dest=14

Feel free to call/text/pm/email me if you have any questions or concerns.

sounds fine to me

The Choo-Choo is a great location. The Terminal brews some of the best beer in town. Upgrayed!

I couldn’t agree with you more bro! Now we will have to find time to grab a pint or two.

Do you think we could get a bracket going for Melty Blood Actress Again? I know people who can bring a ps2 with a copy of MBAA. A LOT of locals have been playing MBAA so there would be a pretty large turn out for it.

I’ll be happy to create a bracket for any game, but we will be far more constricted on time at the new venue. We have to focus most of the set ups on SF4 since that game will have the most people on the bracket. Ghab is running MB on his laptop…not sure which version though. If your friend can bring the full set up system/game/tv we **SHOULD **be able to run a bracket for it…I wouldn’t think the game would need multiple set ups.

The only problem with AA is that everyone here in Cleveland is going to have less than a whole week to learn it sadly. It would still be cool if Tech brings the setup to play AA, I’ll play some casuals without hesitation, I just think most of us are a little premature for AA atm. I’ll be practicing up as much as I can this week, but I can’t speak for the other guys. My guess is that most of them are going to want to do AC for the tournament instead.

Are there any other people outside of Cleveland/Chattanooga that even plan on playing Melty?

Casuals will be happening for everything…BUT…I have to make sure we get through the major stuff quickly so I’m going to have a minimum of 3 SF4 set ups going at once. MB/VF/GG/BB stuff like that is a much lower priority than a game that gets 20+ people in the bracket so we’ll just have to see how time works out.

How many people are brining full set ups (system/tv/game)?

I checked out the Town Hall Theater at the Choo Choo today and let me tell you…it is awesome guys! I think it will be great for this tournament!

good stuff

Name: David McDarby
Handle: Linuka
Hometown: Knoxville, TN
Games: SFIV, BB, GG, Melee, 3rd Strike
Equipment: TV and PS2 setup

Man, you guys caught me in between my bi-weekly journey to Chattanooga. I’m sure this is going to be awesome!

Name:Graham Tate
Handle: G-Ram
Hometown:Cookeville, TN
Games: SF4, MAYBE Brawl
Equipment: TV

That will make my entry fee 5 bucks right? Actually will a PS2 count?

Name: Eddie
Handle: TooMuchDamage
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Game(s): SF4
Equipment: Asus VH-222 Monitor (lagless, connects through HDMI), TV
(Let me know if you need both the TV and the monitor; I’m not looking for a free entry, but I figured I’d bring two pieces of equipment if it’ll help)

The solution of a “desynching” station is way better than just totally barring wireless controllers, especially at a heavily-PS3-orientated tournament. There are a lot of entrants that will rely on their standard PS3 controllers, and banning wireless controllers will not do anything except alienate certain people.

That’s just my two cents, though. Everything is obviously left ultimately to the tournament directors. :tup:

Anybody want to money match in SF4? I’ll do 2/3 for $5, 3/5 for $10, and FT5’s for $20 (it’s all flexible as well). I’d also be interested in doing 2v2’s and 3v3’s. Let me know :tup:. Let’s make things interesting here outside of the tournament!