Proving Grounds Semi-Monthlies - Chattanooga, TN - 2/27/2010 **VENUE CHANGE**

Yep, that why I dropped out of VF5. I’ve taken Sammo’s money plenty of times in VF5 in the past, I kind of feel bad taking more of it. =) Maybe you should think about just running SF4 and T6. I’d love tons of people for 3s, but that’s not going to happen anymore. 3s = $$ for me, unless we get some good out-of-towners and I didn’t stick around for HDR last time, but if Tetsu won, then HDR = $$ for me also, hehe. Maybe have SF4 and T6 be the only main tourney’s, but if people want to run other things on the side, let them set them up themselves. <shrug> This would also help keep things running smooth. Just a thought

If it helps, I can bring my laptop and help run 3S on the side. It wouldn’t be a big setup, and it’s way more accessible arcade stick wise too, not to mention arcade perfect so you’re getting the best version of the game. My laptop runs it smoothly with no problems.

I know I could possibly take some slack for this, but I don’t see a reason to focus on T6 too much. There was little to no turnout for it at the last one, and there’s not a big pre-reg for this event either.

Also, I should probably prereg already, lol

Name: Heath Lowery
Handle: GhabStop’R
Hometown: Cleveland, TN
Game(s): SFIV, 3S, SFHDR… and VF5 if there’s a good enough bracket for it. MAYBE Blazblue.

if we decide to go emu 3s, I can provide a PS2 - USB adapter

I’ve got one handy myself, and if I don’t have it on me atm, I’ve got a second one that I lent out to someone.

put me in for ggxxac+, sf4, and cvs2

Any objections to running 3s on an emulator?

I have none, I would encourage it. Arcade perfect and no laggy TVs = more 3s $$ for me =)

I’m going to go off on another odd tangent again and see if anyone would be interested in doing a Melty Blood Act Cadenza bracket. Just figured I’d check and see cause I dunno if anyone else in the area plays it. Me and a handful of buddies have picked it up as of late and are hooked. I can run it on my laptop on the side as well to keep things going smoothly if need be.

Hell yea… I was thinking the same thing. About a week ago I thought I was the only local that had ever even heard of the game… much less played it. But recently it seems this game has grown in popularity a LOT because both you guys in Cleveland and friends of mine from Dalton have gotten me back into the game. Even if we don’t do an official bracket we could at least have it there for casuals.

If somebody does the “” HOME"" Button thing again I want my money back :mad:

Eugene johnson jr.
Nashville Tenn…

SF4 , SF3, ( how about SF EX3 ? )

ATL/Bama might not be back because of that incident…

Yeah, that was BS. All wireless controllers need to be turned off while not in use.

The “Home” button incident

Eugene…first of all…thank you for having enough faith in me to take a chance on my next tournament!

I was incredibly embarrassed by the HOME fiasco during Pokchop’s match at my last tournament. I’m not going to let this happen again in Feb. I heard that @ KiT you guys had an extra Ps3 that was used to “desync” pads from the tournament systems. This seems like the only way to 100% avoid this problem.

My proposed sollution: One of the things I’m going to do is have one person keep up with the brackets on a laptop. The laptop will be stationed next to the Ps3 that we will be using to desync these pads. The winner and loser of each match will be required to report the official who’s keeping up with the brackets. While they’re checking in on the bracket they will have to plug their pads into the Ps3 to avoid these issues.

I know this issue had to be someone’s attempt at being a dick. There’s no way that they mashed home that many times by accident. I want to keep this from happening ever again and it’s VERY important to me that I my tournaments continue to improve and that everyone in the scene feels like the tournament will be worth their time and effort.

P.S. - if anyone has any ideas as to how we can improve tournaments here in Chattanooga…please let us know.

You could also not allow wireless controllers. Most tourney’s don’t allow them for this very reason. I’m not sure why some dick head would think that’s funny but that’s bullshit. If you guys know who was doing it you can ban them from this tourney because that’s the kind of shit that ruins tournaments.

Any interest in a TvC bracket?

It’s pretty new, I don’t think too many people are going to want to jump into playing it at tournaments so quickly, but I’d love to play some casuals in it if anyone brings it. It’s a pretty enjoyable game.

and is it still cool if I run a Melty bracket on the side? I’m sure there will be enough people for at least a small one anyways. If anything, I’m still going to bring my laptop for casuals on the side and to let people who haven’t really tried it out to give it a try and see if they like it. It’s my new shit man, that game is too much fun.

hey sign me up for cvs2, tekken 6, and sf4. maybe 3rd strike too. hey atl still coming trust me

Melty Blood is all yours bro! I’ll have an envelope for it and take registrations at the door. Thanks for helping run MB!

Pokchop - got you added sir. I’m really glad you guys will be able to make it up here! Hopefully this will help to inspire more TN players to go to Final Round this year.

Tekken 6 - $10

1. SilentScream
  2. Vandy
  3. PhatMike
  4. QCF Punch
  5. Tanner
  6. Pokchop
  7. Mortiss24

Street Fighter IV - $10

1. Kazujiro
  2. SilentScream
  3. Vandy
  4. Solgrim
  5. cap’n jazz
  6. Boom Cube
  7. Charlie2EZ
  8. QCF Punch
  9. Tanner
  10. Sdouble
  11. Agentz
  12. Pokchop
  13. 300 lb. Eugene
  14. Mashout
  15. Broken_J

BlazBlue - $10

1. Boom Cube

Super Smash Bros: Brawl - $10

1. KOKingpin
  2. Broletariat

Super Smash Bros: Melee - $10

1. KOKingpin

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - $5

1. Agentz
  2. cap’n jazz
  3. Sdouble
  4. Pokchop
  5. 300 lb. Eugene

Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix - $5

1. Agentz
  2. SilentScream
  3. Sammo
  4. Solgrim
  5. Mashout
  6. Broken_J

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus - $5

Virtua Fighter 5 - $5

1. Sammo

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 - $5

1. Sammo
  2. cap’n jazz
  3. Pokchop
  4. Mashout

Soul Calibur 4 - $5

1. Vandy

Have you decided yet if 3s is PS2 or emu?

I think the pro emu folks have made a more compelling arguement on this issue so I’m gonna go with emu. On the day of the tournament we’ll decide whether 3s or MB will run first.