Plinking / Tsuji-Style: KARA BUFFER Inputs for Easier Links and More!

its more of a renda link if you ask me (is that what its called?)

whats this standing ultra demon im hearing about?

This shit is groundbreaking. Nice find, Kirby.

Give me your address. I’m gonna airmail you a hooker, and she’s gonna give you a well-deserved blowjob.

wow i can do ryu’s bnb even better thanx alot

[media=youtube]FxJWPdhdchg[/media]

Translation courtesy of xhydralisk

Actual translation:
theory:
When pressing two different buttons 1F apart, the first button is registered as being pressed twice. Usually same button press twice takes at least 3F but now it is possible in 2F. (Normally pressing the button that fast will not work because the game will just register as a hold)

explanation and uses:
when simultaneously pressing buttons, press the buttons in the order of high priority to low priority. i.e. hK->mK input would register hK on 1F, mk + hk on 2F. Between mK and hK, hK has the higher priority so in effect, hK has been pressed twice in 2F. When using this technique for linking, the first input is registered, effectively giving a +1F window on links.

From the link in the vid info:
3F demon: theory

1F 3P hold
2F back + lk
3F 3P release

how to practice:
In training mode key display ON
If you hold down a button then another, only the second button is shown
If you successfully 1F slide it will register as simultaneous press.
Pressing the first button only once, but appears twice = 2 button presses are registered.

I for one never knew this. :wasted: I am… confused on how this works. I guess it doesn’t matter that I understand WHY it works, but I’m curious. Except I don’t know how to phrase my question. Let’s see…

Okay, so in the first example, the MP takes priority over the LP, I get that. But what does the lp input have to do with anything? Why does it make the link easier? I’m sure if I go into training mode it will (I don’t play a character who really uses links unfortunately) be easier but I don’t get it. :sweat:

EDIT: Az summed it up nicely with the simple sentence that it makes the game think you inputted it twice. Maybe I missed that if anyone mentioned it before but god damn what a much simpler way to explain it. Thanks random japanese people.

Don’t thank me, I’m just copy-pasting.

Akuma walk-forward in-your-face Demon. That’s almost silly. :rofl:

Fixed.

Wow, though. This is a pretty awesome find. All in favor of calling it kirby linking?

lol what?

Well it’s really not a kara-cancel. You know how magneto’s ROM infinite isn’t called the super jump light kick infinite? Same train of thought. :lol:

im fine with kirby link… lol wouldn’t matter if i weren’t.

but i still like priority link better as that pretty much defines what it is (p-link).

but if it’s kirby link i vote k-link for short :tup:

lol mechanica read kirbys first post and my second or third post to know why this works.

once again good shit kirbysim!

-dime

With Chun’s B&B it’s easy to fierce~strong,

With Ryu’s low strong, fierce~(strong) it gives me low strong too often.

I made a video and I’ll post when it’s done processing.

[media=youtube]JGSKl3hkg4k[/media]

No no, it does matter. I too HAVE to understand WHY something works in order to completely and fully utilize, and know WHY I’m utilizing it in the first place, so you are not alone.

Anyways I was totally about to write up a huge question because I understood absolutely no mechanic about this, or purpose at first. But now that I’ve re-read it, I believe I see what you are saying now, so someone please correct me if I’m wrong:

• The game decides that if multiple punches and kicks are pressed simultaneously, the strongest move will execute (So roundhouse will execute if you push roundhouse and forward at the same time).

• So, when you are performing a link such as cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.strong xx special move, which may require 1 frame timing between cr.jab and cr.strong, you press strong~jab for that cr.strong.

• The game is reading strong when you initially pressed it, and then when you hit jab, the game registers ANOTHER attack since they were pressed so close together, but it registers ANOTHER strong instead of jab because the game prioritizes the stronger attack when multiple punches/kicks are pressed together. The end result is like double tapping strong VERY quickly, within a couple frames I assume. Thus, creating a more precise effort at that 1-2 frame timing.

That about sum it up? Assuming I assumed right, that is a pretty interesting find, I think I’ll probably try that with Guile’s cr.jab, cr.strong xx flashkick/sonic boom.

Kirby-link or P-link makes it sound like this is a new kind of combo, like chains and stuff. But all this is is a new technique to perform a type of combo.

I vote for not naming it after people.

call it something priority-glitch or button-aiding

anyways, now we gotta find ways to exploit this glitch in other situations.

P.S. And lol, if you guys really want a common name for this (Which is understandable since we want to know what the hell we’re talking about mid conversation) then to be honest, all those kara/cancel/whatever names don’t fit since that’s not what is happening here.

Kara cancel indicates that you are interrupting the first few frames of one attack/move, and executing another. And a renda cancel is when you are chaining together multiple crouching or standing jabs/shorts, and then go into the next state (ie from standing to crouching, or crouching to standing) and hit jab/short but then cancel the first few frames of that jab/short into a special/super.

Since there is no canceling going on, kara/renda cancel doesn’t fit. What’s actually happening here, is that you are basically “tricking” the game into reading the input as two, insanely fast back to back button presses (ie it’s reading strong~jab as strong, strong, within 1-2 frames). So, since there is no canceling going on, I suggest calling it “piano link/piano linking.” Since after all, you are basically using piano method, and no canceling is going on.

:rofl: Naming advanced techs/glitches is serious business. Have we learned nothing from the Super Smash Bros. community?!

Outstanding

this is awesome stuff testing now…

Correct on all points so far, but…

Not quite, it isn’t registering one instead of the other. What it’s doing is registering BOTH the jab and strong (strong for a 2nd time) and the strong takes priority. This might sound exactly the same, but there’s a key difference: the piano roll can register as an EX input. This is really annoying for characters with mashed moves (hundred hands, electricity, etc.) because piano rolls tend to result in EX moves due to this same mechanic. If you’re just doing it for a normal attack though, then it’s simply the stronger normal move that comes out.

Better than double tapping could ever be. If you double tap, the best you can possibly hope to achieve is 2 inputs in 3 frames - press on the 1st frame, release on the 2nd frame, and press again on the 3rd frame. No matter what, there’s going to be a gap (most likely much larger than 1 frame) if you use double taps for links. What this does is give you 2 inputs on consecutive frames. Normally when the game reads one button being pressed on 2 consecutive frames it just thinks that you’re holding the button, but this abuses the system to register the same button twice.

Anyway, this is an amazing trick, I’ve tried it quite a bit and found it extremely useful. I’d agree that kara links would be an inappropriate name, though. Piano linking is simple and descriptive.

Oh I found out how to get it to work 100%.

You have to hold the previous button so that it counts as a mp+hp on the input display.

If you kara it and release, it WILL NOT WORK and you will get some shitty move you didn’t want.

You must hold down the buttons that you want to kara for the technique to work correctly.

That’s why the Akuma instant demon works.

Yeah, right after I asked for the link to the video my curiosity got the better of me and I went and did the SRK thing: I used the search function. :rofl:

And boy, that shit was amazing. Absolutely blew my mind.

Had to leave for school, but when I got back I went to training mode straight and messed around with ma man Gouki. I think I’ve figured out how it’s done. Here’s the method as paraphrased from my post in the original thread:

Walk forward
1F forward+LP+MP (note: the game executes this as forward+s.MP)
2F forward+LP+MP+HK (in other words, this is LP+MP kara into HK)
3F backward+LK+HP

EDIT: If you map the button inputs onto a Hori Real Arcade Pro as follows, it gets really easy.

B button - LP (same as default)
X button - MP (default)
A button - HK
Y button - HP (default)
LB button - LK

So then all you gotta do is hit forward+B+X+A but with A slight (one-frame) slower than B+X, then finish off with back+Y+LB.**

I’ll test it as soon as I can, good find

Ciap