Partitioning Versus Buffering

omg! im desperately doing the double mk tackle in the corner without the knowledge of the buffer. il try this out, hope i can do the double mk tackles now often… good thread

I just got the hang of doing c.fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, then hk tackle by using charge buffering. But i’ve seen RX do 1 more tackle at the end. Can someone explain this to me? Does he do EX tackle then hk tackle then another hk tackle? Or is it just impossible to get another tackle in?

You can do:

c.fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, hk tackle
OR
c.fierce, ex tackle, tackle, tackle

I would have to say that this is the hardest thing for me. I have a very difficult time charge pat. and charge buff.
As long as I’ve been playing, I still can’t get this down.

Well… I mean I can charge a sec dash and charge a sec then CRUSH.
But I can’t CRUSH, CRUSH, CRUSH, YAAAY!!

I’m having a hard time landing strong fb, ex tackle, mk tackle, mk tackle. Is it possible, or is it set up specifically for cr.fp into tackles? The other setups (mk tackle, ex tackle, mk tackle) are doable for me, but I haven’t landed the ex tackle first yet (as opposed to an mk tackle first).

I’ve seen some land a Stg.Donut Hole as an early anti-air in 2 tackles… so I think it can be done.

lol… timbit projectile.

AA fireball, hk-tackle, ex tackle, tackle, tackle is the easiest I think.

If you want to know what is possible, get some juggle numbers… although the 6 rule can be bent with supercancelling/dizzy.

I’ve been able to connect cr.fp, ex tackle, tackle in the corner now. I haven’t been able to buffer in another shoulder after that yet, nor the 4th shoulder listed in DM’s post above mine. I guess I have to just practice some more…

im not sure why you are doing this as the best sphere combo to do is aa sphere, hk tackle, ex tackle, hk tackle, mk tackle.
The ex tackle first combo should not be a problem, you need to do the ex tackle late to get full hits but not too late cos the opponent would be too close to the ground. :tup:

Sorry, Strong FB = mp. sphere = anti-air sphere. I can land it now, except for the last mk tackle… not too sure what the problem is, but it’s just a matter of working it out now.

I can do the Ex. tackle combo starter when near the corner now, but I’m still having trouble at mid-screen or more. I probably am just executing it too early, so I’ll try waiting next time.

i like to do dash up short tackle AR from full screen.

there’s charge buffering and partitioning, but thongboy, what about charge overlapping?+)

that’s buffering.

False: No, they are not. Charge back… press forward, press back + attack. Out comes the LoV, and you’re charging for the next one. There’s no partitioning involved. Think of the word partitioning. Cutting into pieces. Such as charge down, stop, dash forward (hold down instantly), then up + punch. It’s cut into two sections, before the dash, and then during the dash.

nope, wrong. it is partitioning.

First 2 are buffered, which sets up the partitioning, taking advantage of charge overlapping. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93081

i think its charge overlapping because if u have a high one on the screen and u have enough charge for another one and u press punch to do it, it wont come out. if u press kick to throw a low one while the high one is still out thats possible because its 2 different charge motions… back forward punch and back forward kick.

the game recognizes the fact u charged but u can only charge different special moves not charge multiples of one special move at a time. the high and low lov r 2 different charge moves, so doing rapid fire for them falls into overlapping charge time. notice how fast the throws become once u get it going. there is no waiting time at all because your allowed to charge because u divide charge into a high or low toss. 2 different charge moves

for mutiple tackles thats charge buffering since u start a charge WHILE the next move comes out. u can feel it in the motion of the joystick if u try doing rapid fire lov’s as supposed to repeated tackles in a corner.

Im not understanding now,

Can someone define, overlapping for me? Is that what u use for tackles??

Alright, let’s say you connect with an anti-air sphere against Ryu in the corner using Urien. Normally, I would go for a rh tackle, but in order to give myself even more charge time for any other moves, I would be holding back for the tackle, press forward, then press back again at the same time I press rh. You begin charging for the next tackle even before you execute the first one.

Ack… Guess I need a Hori Arcade stick for this don’t I? xD