Partitioning Versus Buffering

Thanks…my Uriens a bit rusty now when im at the arcade ( half of the battle is because of the stick coz am used to d-pads at home ). I don’t know where my bloody red angel of death Urien is now :sad: …most of the tricks I used to dominate before doesn’t work. hell i can’t even land cr. fierce these days…I think the only way to cope up with the times is to learn new tricks such as charge partitioning… but is it really significant? What is your urien made of?

forget about landing c.fierce or anti air spheres against experienced players.
When the easy mode gimmicks don’t work anymore, you start to realize that Urien isn’t that easy.
Charge partitioning helps, of course.
But you don’t need “tricks”, you need to be solid and that takes a lot of experience.
And this means that in many rounds you are going to deal damage through normals more than big combos.
Urien is all about spacing, moving around, and using the right pokes at the right distances. standing strong is a great move, test it a learn it uses. standing fierce is good. Low forward is nice.
Jumping roundhouse at max range is amazingly good.
The rest is matchup specific, Urien need experience.
Oh, and when you have AR charged, don’t keep it ONLY for a landed cr fierce or the likes…
use it to lock them down -> shoulder ram into either EX aegis (anti-parry option) strong aegis (forces them to block), fierce aegis to force them to do something. Mix them up.
Mp sphere xx EX aegis is also the best anti-air possible, you waste meter but they WON’T get you.
When they’re in the cormner, shot a strong/fierce sphere canceled into aegis (strenght depends on the distance). This way you either block them in the corner or if the tried to jump away from the corner you catch them with an early sphere which is safe even when parried at that distance.

ahhhhhh … i’m much clear with buffering , so buffer’s harder … IMO

Thanks man, that was some professional advice…you were right about the pokes…now I know what’s wrong. I rely on tricks before,70% of the time. your idea with mp sphere ex aegis is great.

yet another noob question…

ok, so i can get the UOH>UOH>headbutt with urien, but one thing is that, when i’m trying to charge crouch, dash, (charge while dashing) and at the end of the dash do up+mp the headbutt does not come out, is there a certain way to dash? i’ve tried tapping forward twice, and doing a fireball then tapping forward.

Charge down, dash by tapping twice towards the opp. and then immediatly charge DOWNBACK. Not back. Not down. But DOWNBACK. And then press up+punch for headbutt.

Here’s a good thing to think about when partitioning for newer players.

Try to learn the “time differences” between Uriens moves whiffed, blocked and hit.

Example. After a whiffed cr. forward urien needs a bit more time before dashing for a headbutt to come out. After a blocked cr.forward he can do whatever he feels for after a dash. This is just basic stuff that most ppl tend to not think about or just forget.

Rock on with Urien!

Partitioning is too weird.

wow this was what i was looking for. Thanks a lot Bebop. Oh and I still remember from that first 3S tutorial about negative edge…“OMGWTFBBQ!11 it still comes out!” lol. I need to find some of the other ones too…

I never knew you could hold back before hitting the kick button when charge buffering. I always hit kick then immediately began charging again upon the next tackle. Wierd :tup:

In the arcade, it doesn’t seem that necessary on the tackle/ex tackle/tackle/tackle combo, but I practiced on the dreamcast to get my timing down on it. The timing on the dreamcast is MUCH tighter than the arcade, and as a result, I can do it very easily in comparison. Charging before the kick however gives even MORE flexibility with it. Thanks for the info.

As for partitioning, the c. fp, tackle, fp reflector, tackle, dash, hb, dash, dash, f. mk combo seems very easy to me timing wise in comparison to say … throw, mp reflector, dash, headbutt, f+mk. Very similar setups but the second gives me horrendous trouble. Any reason why the first would seem easier than the latter other than I just got lucky and the way I charge on the first setup works well with partitioning? :pleased:

ereet:

Basiclly because of the fact that you charge around one second after releasing the roundhouse tackle giving you enough of time for the dash headbutt.

With the other “setup” you need to be sure to not charge too much. Easiest ways is to charge immediatly after he says aegis reflector and stop charging just about when you see him release it with his arms upp(around one sec.).

It’s really not hard at all, just basic stuff you shouldn’t have trouble with. Just be sure to give it some time.

Is it possible to Charge Partition on a PS2 Controller? ‘Cause damned if I can get it right… :’(

as an ex-pad player.
simple charge partitions are possible indeed (everything on a pad is possible imho besides tachi gigas), more advanced you get, harder it is… and it’s going to hurt you thumb on the long run.
It’s one area where the stick’s superiority to the pad really shines.

What is a tachi gigas?

And also, IMO: Stick is greater than the pad 100% of the time.

tachi gigas = standing 720

Tachi gigas is fun…especially if you got it down to the point where it jsut happens when they poke.

Cant improve my Urien game until i get this down.

THe mind games you can play and setups avbailabale to you with charge partioning is endless.

A worthwhile skill to obtain.

how do you charge buffer the mk tackle x 2, mp headbutt?

Read the very first post in this thread. It’s what the thread is about. :stuck_out_tongue:

False:
Multi LOVs are a form of partition.

Actually it doesn’t tell you how to do it. It just says how to do a buffer tackle. What about the headbutt?

Just do the headbutt… charge down after the 2nd tackle, then up+punch. It’s a natural setup.