Palisades Center Thread v2.0

Well, despite how much of a piece of shit this mall’s arcade is, it’s still the only place near me that I can play…
so, here we go…
A NEW THREAD!!!
maybe we’ll bet higher than a 2 star rating this time…

btw, for any of you who don’t know…
the Palisades mall is in West Nyack, NY…
off route 303…
the arcade with sf games is on the 4th floor, next to Target…

Man…Im straying away from Cvs2…too much pussy goin around during Summer… :smiley: …but I might make an appearance…but I wont practice…Unless Cvs2 starts catering to fine ass Biotches in coochie cutters…

Fl0 Sickl33…

And Palisades…Team Palisades is soooooooo pathetic…on the real…there is no team…but have fun this summer …:o

methinks whoever the mod on this forum is doesn’t like this thread…
1-Star?
come on…
just leave the thread unrated if you’re gonna be like that…

! LOL ! LOL ! LOL !

This is going in my sig… omg

Anyway, first, i wanna say, you can rate the thread yourselves without being a mod. Just check around near the bottom of the page. Thanks to me, we’re now a 2-star thread. YEAH BABY!!

Okay… so with college out and summer quickly advancing upon the high school crowd, lets set up some days where we can get together and play a few games. I don’t touch CvS2 but i know there’s a few passably high-skill players who frequent Palisades. MvC2 has a solid crowd too. I personally know two good players outside of myself and Psykik Jin whups ass too. Dunno if he even check srk, and i haven’t seen him at the 'cade in ages, but everyone who plays at Palisades knows Will, the evil dominator. Long story short, lets get put together a couple of friendly fighting nights and raise all of our respective skill levels. Even if we don’t good competition is hard to come by and we all know it.

very cool advent, i’m flattered,

i’m thinkin we get like a weekly thing goin, maybe sat nights, maybe even a weekly apex deal, anything can happen,

oh yeah,

the team palisades is everyone who puts up with broken sticks, buttons that go off on there own, the 110% temp in the arcade, the 100’s of 7 yr olds, token machines that eat your money, the loud assholes who play air hockey, and those stupid lights- just for the love of the games, only to be dissrespected, but dont worry friends-we will rise, we will rise!!

i also live 40 mins from palisades mall from my home in nj, i ll go out if theres any mean kof players but like someone said before, the girls come out during the summer, so only mean players will buy me out there for the day

The thing i was thinking was that the weekly meetings should be on a boring weekday because Friday-Sunday nights have the highest probability for something interesting happening here in the Land of Rocks.

To the problems of the arcade:
As of saturday afternoon, the MvC2 cabinet was working pretty well. I can’t quite remember which side, but i had a little stickiness on assist 1.

I thought i was the only one who found the arcade too fuckin hot. Whenever i spend more than ten minutes in there i start sweating, bleh.

And the air hockey ppl suck so much… how does one get so excited that the puck regularly flies into the surrounding arcade cabinets?

oh yeah, i’m all for an apex set-up.
There has to be at least one tourney for team Palisades to show off at.

sadly, the palisades only has 1 kof 2k machine, and it’s in pretty bad condition…
the machine eats money like there’s no tomorrow…

btw, I’m working on tournaments…
I’m also trying to find out who I have to talk to about a job in the arcade…
They’d probably be a weekly thing during the summer on whatever days are convenient, and then when school starts probably Saturday or Sunday during the day, so all of you can party at night…
but nothing’s definite yet…
stay tuned, though, because tomorrow Orion of Chaos joins the driving world!

oh, yeah, does anyone know the condition of the CvS2 machine?
thank god at least MvC2 is working…

oOohh…a tourney would be nice…like i said before, i’d definitely come back for one…

hey, orion, how’d you do at ecc?..i fuckin went 2 n out…they just HAD to make me play arturo…bleh…o well…

im bouncin back n forth between ny n boston every other week or so…so i might be able o make it to some of the weekly gatherings…well, “gatherings” hehe…considering the last time i was there only like 2 ppl showed up during like 3 hours…::sigh:: its just like the old days…

oh, and advent…if u wanna borrow a mas stick, let me know…hiro has one of mine already, you could take the other if ur interested…hehe…

hey if you guys like mvc2 and cvs2 so much come to fun n games in willowbrook mall in wayne, its pretty decent size and i don t travel towards that section but they have 4 big screen mvc2, they are put by a good wall with nothing really there so when people gather they tend to have space for everyone to see

Yeah, you know i’m interested.
Only thing is i don’t have a functioning DC at present. Hiro actually offered his to me like two weeks ago so i figure i could prolly just borrow the whole bundle from him, stick and all. I’ll have to get in touch with him.
Anyway, when’s the next time you’re coming back? I was on this big anti-MvC2 kick last time you and i played but i spent some time rocking ass at the arcade and now i’m back in. I’m eager to get some old-school competition (read: day-wasting) on.

Is there any good competition there?
As in, is it worth finding out where this “wayne” is :slight_smile:
big screen mvc2 with ppl to play against = dream come true.

haha…what the hell?..wheres he going?..anyways, i wont be back this weekend…((theres a boston tourney im going to…hehe)) but ill definitely be back next weekend…i could offer you my dc too…haha…cuz all its doing is collecting dust right now…so, itd be nice if my babies got some exercise…hehe…and good to know ur back in action…ive been training/regulating hiro a bunch so itd be good to actually get another head in rotation…anyways, whenever u wanna go pick up the stuff, gimme a call and ill tell my parents to open the door or something…hiro has my cell number…so practice n prepare for a hardcore session when i get back :smiley:

Alright, my first post on thread version 2.0…

I may be able to make a visit to the mall sometime quite soon. If anyone needs a confidence boost, I’d be happy to oblige…

My “skills” may have decreased during my (involuntary) leave of absence. Sigh…

i m not sure about how good the competition is but alot of times you hear screaming and “HO~~!!!”

I didn’t mean what’s their skill level, i was wondering if there’s a lot of people to play against.
I’d put up with Palisades Center’s shitty sticks, buttons, temperature, townies etc. if only there were a lot of people who played the games. It just ain’t worth the $.50 to play against the computer.

Um, long story short: If i were to show up at this arcade on a random night, would there be a handful of people ready to play me at Marvel?

Plenty of people ready to hand you ass whippings son…:smiley: